Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you female or male?
female 80 42.55%
male 97 51.60%
both 2 1.06%
none 0 0%
Does the blue one next to the fish have a gender? 9 4.79%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2009, 09:16 PM   #91
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
The US changed the time a couple of weeks ago (we got impatient) . . . all except desertgrandma, that is. She's stubborn and doesn't change the time. She owns the stick and if she doesn't want the time to change, it doesn't change.
note to self : ask dg to borrow her stick next year, before losing yet another hour of my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post

Being a member of MR is really funny, isn't it?
yep.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:17 PM   #92
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
we'd eat beef tartar all the time (because we don't know how to cook) and not have to share it - except with our sons.

Anyone care to explain option #4? I don't get it. Fish?

By the way, are you all staying up to check if daylight saving time will speed up the entire planet for an hour?
Heh .... I've seen waaaay too many beef tape worms to ever (ever) eat uncooked beef. No thank you!!
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 09:30 PM   #93
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
Love it

Maybe the germans are doing it right and not letting their women/girlfriends use their computers.

Guess what I am

Flame/NegKarma-protection: I am just kidding.
Nah, it's probably that the Germans aren't keen on letting German women learn to read .... I can't think of anything more formidable than a well educated German woman.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:45 PM   #94
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Nah, it's probably that the Germans aren't keen on letting German women learn to read ....
No. We are the nation of poets and philosophers. Why shouldn't we are keen on letting our women learn to read?
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:05 PM   #95
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
We're losing ground at the polls here ladies.

Come on gals, let's get that bootie shakin' and vote. Name:  cat_shake.gif
Views: 270
Size:  21.0 KB
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 10:08 PM   #96
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
That kitty is....

disturbing....
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:13 PM   #97
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're soooo right,

but the kitty has got rhythm.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:17 PM   #98
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
We're losing ground at the polls here ladies.

Come on gals, let's get that bootie shakin' and vote. Attachment 26647
It's....hypnotic
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:31 PM   #99
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
That kitty is....

disturbing....
I think that kitty is Garfield
Old 03-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #100
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
You're soooo right,

but the kitty has got rhythm.
Cats are Swiffers, Dogs are Hoovers.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #101
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
No. We are the nation of poets and philosophers. Why shouldn't we are keen on letting our women learn to read?
Well, no, Greece is the nation of poets and philosophers (they pretty much invented both of them while the Germans - and pretty much everyone else on the planet - were still working out the difference between rocks and sticks). Germany is the nation of beer and sausage .... oh, and oompa bands.

And I say this with the understanding that I have a whole raft of German ancestors, of whom I am quite proud.

Last edited by RickyMaveety; 03-28-2009 at 10:46 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:35 PM   #102
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Well, no Greece is the nation of poets and philosophers. Germany is the nation of beer and sausage .... oh, and oompa bands.
Greece is not the nation of poets and philosophers. It's the home of smokers, drinkers, and cranky people (topped with ouzo and moussaka). No offense to any Greek people here...

No, I'm not bitter.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:41 PM   #103
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one

Quote:
I think that kitty is Garfield
I think that kitty is the ONE who voted Both on the pole.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:57 PM   #104
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Serious question: why does it matter? Do your plumbing arrangements affect how you read?
In my case no. However, I's female. My other half, Re-tired, is a male. He's still getting used to his reader. Eventually we'll get him on MR, he's just quieter than I am.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:58 PM   #105
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Greece is not the nation of poets and philosophers. It's the home of smokers, drinkers, and cranky people (topped with ouzo and moussaka). No offense to any Greek people here...

No, I'm not bitter.
Yes, you are .... but that's ok. And, what is wrong with moussaka?? I LOVE moussaka, and spanokopita, and tiropita, and good Greek wine .... not so fond of ouzo, but then I was 17 when I lived there and didn't start drinking until much later.

Oh .... and you really haven't seen cranky people who drink and smoke until you've spent some time in Iceland. They put damn near every other people to shame in those events.

So .... you've never heard of Homer, Aristotle, Plato .... those guys?? Oh, and Sappho .... mustn't forget her.

Last edited by RickyMaveety; 03-28-2009 at 11:03 PM.