Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-02-2020, 09:37 PM   #976
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Narnia - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Streaming free at link below

https://www.ancientfaith.com/podcast...ia_-_program32

Quote:
1. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe from The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis, Chapters 1 & 2

The Chronicles of Narnia are published by Harper Trophy, A Division of Harper Collins, New York, New York. They are available for purchase here. We want to thank CS Lewis Pte. Ltd. for granting us permission to bring these wonderful stories to you. (Legal info).
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 11:32 AM   #977
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
I guess it's been a long time since I've given this thread any love, but this month's Logos freebie is a good one: History and Theology in the Fourth Gospel (3rd edition) by J. Louis Martyn. This is a volume in the phenomenal New Testament Library series, published in the US by Westminster John Knox Press.

Logos typically offers several related add-on books that are not free, but drastically reduced in price. This month's are two from each of the complementary Old Testament Library and the more recent Hermeneia series. All are by accomplished and respected academic scholars.

Hermeneia: 1 Peter by Paul J. Achtemeier is $1.99.
The Book of Exodus by Brevard Childs is $3.99.
Hermeneia: Daniel by John J. Collins is $5.99.
The two-volume Theology of the Old Testament by Walther Eichrodt is $9.99.

The books can be read in the free Logos software or online, but can't be liberated by Alf's tools. If you have the patience and tenacity, they can be exported to HTML a few pages at a time and stitched together. I once spent a few days turning one of the Anchor Yale Bible volumes into an epub to prove to myself that it was possible, but have since found better uses for my time.

There are also monthly free books for Logos at Verbum (the Catholic version of Logos) and Faithlife (for more popular works, rather than academic).
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2020, 01:11 PM   #978
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Every Friday there are several free books from https://www.hourlyhistory.com/free-book-friday-31/ Hourly History. You can also get on their mailing list and receive an email each Friday for the books of that week.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:19 PM   #979
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
The books can be read in the free Logos software or online, but can't be liberated by Alf's tools. If you have the patience and tenacity, they can be exported to HTML a few pages at a time and stitched together. I once spent a few days turning one of the Anchor Yale Bible volumes into an epub to prove to myself that it was possible, but have since found better uses for my time.
I miss that brief period when the Logos program had the Send-to-Kindle feature - I got quite a few books converted before they removed the feature. I find for shorter books, the 100-page export limit works well, and you can get a short book done in one or two passes; but, like you, I have better things to do with my time.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 08:53 PM   #980
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Monergism has their entire ebook library available for free downloading. You can browse the list and snag individual books or download a zip of over 600 books, in the format of your choice.

https://www.monergism.com/blog/downl...ok-library-600

Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2020, 02:05 AM   #981
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
A triplet of free Credo House courses.

Doug Groothius - Christian Apologetics. The digital audio version at the bottom is free.

Robert Bowman - The Historical Jesus.

Robert Bowman - Critical Thinking.

Ran across another:

C. Michael Patton - The Discipleship Program.

Craig Blomberg - Historical Reliability of the Gospels.

Last one:

Mark Hitchcock - The Book of Revelation.

Last edited by Fluribus; 08-21-2020 at 02:18 AM.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 06:27 PM   #982
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Great find!
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 09:00 PM   #983
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Modern Translation of the "Christian Apocryphal Books." $1.99.

I have "sworn off" posting on MobileRead, except for some times when I run across what I perceive to be an exceptionally outstanding deal.

$1.99--Amazon (mobi).

Uses a Modern translation--the LSV (Literal Standard Version). 1261 pages.

Description:
THE NEW, LITERAL, EASY-TO-READ, DEFINITIVE COLLECTION OF CHRISTIAN APOCRYPHAL BOOKS

- All 12 Christian apocryphal books + Enoch, Jasher, and Jubilees + All of the apocryphal additions to Daniel, Esther, and Psalms—17 books in one

- The complete collection for Kindle

- Two-thirds as much material as the standard 66 books of The Holy Bible

With The Complete Apocrypha you can discover what the world was like before Noah's Flood, who the Nephilim were, how Cain died, how Abraham was tutored in the knowledge of God by Noah's son Shem, what happened during the 400 "silent years", how the Prophet Daniel slayed a dragon, and the answers to countless other mysteries

This is the only modern translation of the complete collection of deuterocanonical books known popularly as "The Apocrypha" that also includes Enoch, Jasher, and Jubilees. Aside from Jasher, they were included as secondary works in the canon of Scripture for most of the Church's history. The Literal Standard Version (LSV) is a modern translation that stays true to the original manuscripts. The Complete Apocrypha offers a staggering two-thirds as much material as the canonical 66 books of the Holy Bible. Additionally, the apocryphal versions of Esther and Daniel are included in their entirety. The Complete Apocrypha includes Tobit, Judith, Wisdom, Sirach, Baruch, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Maccabees, 1st and 2nd Esdras, Prayer of Manasses, Enoch, Jubilees, Jasher, Psalm 15ariah, Susanna, and Bel and the Dragon) . . . .

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 10-06-2020 at 09:19 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 11:36 AM   #984
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Uses a Modern translation--the LSV (Literal Standard Version). 1261 pages.
That's one I hadn't heard of, so I looked it up. The Protestant canon can be downloaded from the translation's official website.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 12:57 PM   #985
egf
egf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.egf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.egf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.egf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.egf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.egf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.egf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.egf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.egf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.egf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.egf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle for PC
Thank you

Thank you for the postings. I check this site every day, fear(ed) that it was basically dead, and wondered what happened. It's good to see that you are still out there and watching!
egf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 05:39 PM   #986
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Imminent Availability of NASB 2020 in Paper-Based Form. Can the Ebook Be Far Behind??

Christianbook notified me today that the new NASB (New American Standard Bible)2020 that I ordered is now in stock, and ready to be ordered.

This edition is the "Jesus Saves New Testament." I am not interested in the ancillary denominational material with which this edition is surely loaded. But the price is right ($1.49, softcover), and I have badly wanted to review the text of this third edition of the NASB (previous ones having been published in 1977 and 1995). I felt that this approach would allow me to do that faster and on the cheap.

I have been a real fan of the NASB since it came out in 1977. Ditto the 1995 edition. I wait with bated breath to see how this version is similar to, and differs from, the previous ones.

No doubt, digital versions of NASB2020 will be coming along shortly. Hopefully, some will be sans denominational embellishments, relatively inexpensive, and ones that those of us who have Bible study programs (Logos, et al.) can go ahead and incorporate into those programs. If you are aware of ebook versions of NASB2020 that are already available, please post that information.

(Note: I hope that Christianbook will not be charging me shipping, since the book was not available when I ordered it. I noticed that their minimum shipping charges now are for orders of $35 and over, and start at $4.95 (I know that the minimum order was $25 fairly recently, and I think that the charge was only $3.95).

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 10-21-2020 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-22-2020, 01:02 PM   #987
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Christianbook notified me today that the new NASB (New American Standard Bible)2020 that I ordered is now in stock, and ready to be ordered.

This edition is the "Jesus Saves New Testament." I am not interested in the ancillary denominational material with which this edition is surely loaded. But the price is right ($1.49, softcover), and I have badly wanted to review the text of this third edition of the NASB (previous ones having been published in 1977 and 1995). I felt that this approach would allow me to do that faster and on the cheap.

I have been a real fan of the NASB since it came out in 1977. Ditto the 1995 edition. I wait with bated breath to see how this version is similar to, and differs from, the previous ones.

No doubt, digital versions of NASB2020 will be coming along shortly. Hopefully, some will be sans denominational embellishments, relatively inexpensive, and ones that those of us who have Bible study programs (Logos, et al.) can go ahead and incorporate into those programs. If you are aware of ebook versions of NASB2020 that are already available, please post that information.

(Note: I hope that Christianbook will not be charging me shipping, since the book was not available when I ordered it. I noticed that their minimum shipping charges now are for orders of $35 and over, and start at $4.95 (I know that the minimum order was $25 fairly recently, and I think that the charge was only $3.95).
Logos is taking orders, https://www.logos.com/product/198302...le-2020-update

Dale
Old 10-22-2020, 11:41 PM   #988
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Thanks.

It's a "preorder;" "in production." It looks like you can buy it right now, though, for only $6.00. Sounds like a good deal.

BTW--ChristianBook let me know that they shipped to me the book, that I referenced in my post above, and with no additional shipping charge (Yay!). I wouldn't be surprised if I got it the first part of next week. Probably depending on whether or not I like the translation, I'll buy or not buy the Logos NASB2020 that you referenced.

Perusing the Lockman Foundation's website, I see that quite a lot of NASB2020s have already been published in paper-based form. Moreover, it seems, from the same website, that the NASB2020 is already available on quite a great number of online Bible study websites.

There's a lot of great and interesting information, not only about the NASB2020, but also about the history of the entire line of NASB translations (NASB77, NASB95, now NASB2020), here.
Old 10-23-2020, 02:41 PM   #989
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thanks.

Perusing the Lockman Foundation's website, I see that quite a lot of NASB2020s have already been published in paper-based form. Moreover, it seems, from the same website, that the NASB2020 is already available on quite a great number of online Bible study websites.
I looked on the online Bible site and I could not find anything newer than 1995 available. Which one has the new one?

Dale
Old 10-23-2020, 09:56 PM   #990
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I looked on the online Bible site and I could not find anything newer than 1995 available. Which one has the new one?

Dale
It looks like none. My sincerest of apologies.

I thought that I had seen it (along with the NASB77 and NASB95) in a dropdown menu on the BibleHub website, that the Lockman Foundation site had linked to, but I must have been mistaken.

The Lockman Foundation website has a good number of NASB2020 paper-based editions available for sale now, but it looks like that is all.