Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-05-2017, 04:58 AM   #946
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
One funny part abut the new Slideshow feature of the reader app is that it goes endlessly. The slides show goes page by page till the end, then continue again from beginning until the total page turns reach the set limit. It is very different from PowerPoint slide show and while you can set the page turn limit there is nowhere any indication how many pages is till the end of the doc on the UI. I would like to have there a simple check box "run till the end of the doc". This is just nuisance, of course. I guess that the feature was added more for a display window presentation than for end user usage. Sill I like it very much as I have converted many ppt files to pdf to slide show through them as a rehearsal
This version is not final release and just leaked pre-release. This endless loop in Neo2's slideshow has been made on purpose to test the power. Ignore it
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 12:48 PM   #947
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
I am still wondering what will be the difference between an Onyx Boox Max Carta and an Onyx Boox Max 2?

As far as I know there are no known specifications for the Onyx 2? Will it also be a 13.3 inch device? And if yes is it certain that they will release it in the fall?

Sounds not like a good business idea to me after releasing the Max Carta half a year earlier.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2017, 01:30 PM   #948
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Max Carta has no touch. Pen only. Android 4.0.4

Max 2 with have a touch. Booxtor also mentioned newer processor i.MX7 which could also mean newer Android.

At the moment many modern apps are not compatible with Android 4.0.4
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:19 AM   #949
robjuffermans
robjuffermans began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
Max Carta has no touch. Pen only. Android 4.0.4

Max 2 with have a touch. Booxtor also mentioned newer processor i.MX7 which could also mean newer Android.

At the moment many modern apps are not compatible with Android 4.0.4
Looks like Max Carta will have Android 4.4
robjuffermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 02:44 PM   #950
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by robjuffermans View Post
Looks like Max Carta will have Android 4.4
Max 2 could have 6.0.1
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2017, 03:04 PM   #951
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The security restrictions in Android 5 and later make it a real PITA to use with SD cards, IMHO. The apps you're likely to want to use on an eInk device work fine with older versions of Android, generally speaking.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 03:48 PM   #952
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The security restrictions in Android 5 and later make it a real PITA to use with SD cards, IMHO. The apps you're likely to want to use on an eInk device work fine with older versions of Android, generally speaking.
I have no Android device, sorry if the wish is silly. I hope that with ONYX Max 2, the SD card could be used with a Linux filesystem.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 04:08 PM   #953
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
I have no Android device, sorry if the wish is silly. I hope that with ONYX Max 2, the SD card could be used with a Linux filesystem.
Not silly - I was just warning that "later" is not necessarily "better" with Android.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:57 AM   #954
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hello Booxtor,

I a have some wishes for the MAX 2 :
- I would like to use only a Linux distribution to use it - I prefer Debian;
- I would want use only the USB port if don't want use the Wifi.

If a driver is necessary to use the HDMI, I wish that the driver exist in a Linux version.
Your tool to erase the file-system is available for Windows, not for Linux.
I would like to use the SDcard under Linux.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:33 PM   #955
Bookchin
Connoisseur
Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is the MAX 2 supposed to be out this year?
Bookchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:46 PM   #956
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookchin View Post
If memory serves correct, they are hoping to have them ready for production this autumn. I've already started putting coins in the piggy bank in anticipation of such a happy outcome...
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:51 AM   #957
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookchin View Post
In October : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
With HDMI port will be equipped the upcoming Max 2, which we expect be ready for mass production in October of this year.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:56 AM   #958
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
I've already started putting coins in the piggy bank in anticipation of such a happy outcome...
I've already started.

October ? Maybe. Later for Christmas ? It will be a beautiful gift under the pine tree and it will be more easier to justify !
Old 04-12-2017, 06:54 PM   #959
Bookchin
Connoisseur
Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookchin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. If the screen size is 13.3", what is the overall all dimensions?

I can't find anything on the Onyx website. Why is their FAQ only in Russian?
Bookchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:38 PM   #960
iacchi
Zealot
iacchi is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-500; Boox C67ML; Boox Max
from the Onyx website: 325x237x7.5mm http://www.onyx-international.com/
iacchi is offline   Reply With Quote