Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-26-2022, 05:25 PM   #901
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO.PocketBook.ONYX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I'm new to PocketBook, and am a little confused: All of the updates shown above are '6.5.x'. My new Era shows software version of 'U700.6.7.584', which I would think should have all of the features of a '6.5' version plus something new, since it is '6.7'. (but release date is '20220530_170753')

Is this a normal thing with PocketBook software updates and new devices?
Your Pocketbook ERA has initial Firmware and has not yet received any new Updates as it is a very new device that was released a few days ago.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 08:48 PM   #902
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
Your Pocketbook ERA has initial Firmware and has not yet received any new Updates as it is a very new device that was released a few days ago.
It did get an OTA update shortly after I set it up.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2022, 09:42 AM   #903
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Pocketbook ERA - NEW UPDATE

• Firmware U700_6.7.775
https://download.pocketbook-int.com/...7.775_user.zip

Quote:
Date Relase 27/07/2022
U700.6.7.775
Fixed several minor bugs.

This update hasn't been released yet, I found it while searching for 'file checking' on the Pocketbook servers.

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 07-27-2022 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-27-2022, 11:22 AM   #904
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
Pocketbook ERA - NEW UPDATE

• Firmware U700_6.7.775
https://download.pocketbook-int.com/...7.775_user.zip

This update hasn't been released yet, I found it while searching for 'file checking' on the Pocketbook servers.
Does this firmware add KF8 support?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 12:10 PM   #905
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Does this firmware add KF8 support?
It was officially released a minute ago !!!.

• IMHO, the Update from 6.7.584 to 6.7.775 is too small for big changes
• Unfortunately, for now without official support for the KF8 format (AZW/AZW3)

SOURCE: https://pocketbook.ch/en-ch/support

Pocketbook ERA Relase 6.7.775 : https://support.pocketbook-int.com/f..._PB_Era_EN.pdf

Quote:
Core changes
1. Better sound of built-in audio speaker as well as connected audio devices. Update of
audio codecs used in firmware (AptX, LDAC, AAC, SBC). Support of the most up-to-date
audio files.
2. A newly downloaded and installed TTS packet will now be chosen automatically.
3. A separate section for reading gesture settings with voice text playback (TTS) enabled
has been added.
Reading program
1. Fixed the problem of the incorrect display of the font size in some books in PDF format
in reflow mode.
2. Added the ability to the reading settings to enable the display of the page boundary
(dotted line) that was displayed on the previous screen for books in PDF and DjVu format.
3. Added tips for user interface elements when reading in the dictionary mode.
4. Added the ability to change the speed of text synthesis by voice (TTS) with a gesture
while reading.
5. More correct parsing of author, publisher, series and annotation metadata of comic
books in CBZ format.
6. Improvement of the user interface for lists of content and notes. Now it is more
convenient to collapse or expand the list of notes. In order to open the book page with
the note, the user only needs to tap on the arrow next to the page number.
Release Notes
PocketBook Era
FW Version: 6.7.775
- P. 3 -
Other improvements
1. Some wording improvements for German language
.. Basically fixing those first flies

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 07-27-2022 at 12:12 PM.
Advert
Old 07-27-2022, 12:48 PM   #906
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
The previous firmware version of the PocketBook Era already had support for AZW3 (to use PocketBook's name for this file type).
cellaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 12:52 PM   #907
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellaris View Post
The previous firmware version of the PocketBook Era already had support for AZW3 (to use PocketBook's name for this file type).
This has not been my experience. Indeed, after installing the latest update, it still says "Unable to open book. This book is possibly damaged or under copyright protection."

Question: how do I do a screen capture on PocketBook?

Last edited by tomsem; 07-27-2022 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-27-2022, 01:46 PM   #908
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post

Question: how do I do a screen capture on PocketBook?
Assigning that function to one of the keys. I think it defaults to double-clicking on the power button.
Old 07-27-2022, 03:32 PM   #909
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Can you please show us a screen shot of a KF8 eBook in action on the Era? Thanks.
Old 07-27-2022, 04:03 PM   #910
cellaris
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can you please show us a screen shot of a KF8 eBook in action on the Era? Thanks.
I no longer have the PocketBook Era. The new owner kindly sent me some screenshots this afternoon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scr0003.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	195369   Click image for larger version

Name:	scr0002.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	639.7 KB
ID:	195370  
Old 07-27-2022, 05:18 PM   #911
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Assigning that function to one of the keys. I think it defaults to double-clicking on the power button.
Thanks for the clue. Default of Home (Hold) is to bring up Task Manager, which has Screenshot option. And of course you can change the defaults to do something else.

Coming from Kindle I'm not used to customization options.

Last edited by tomsem; 07-27-2022 at 07:11 PM.
Old 07-28-2022, 05:21 AM   #912
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
New firmware received in OTA for Pocketbook Color: U633.6.5.2915. I am Waiting it for Inkpad Color.
I didn't explore it well but the first impression is good because the device seems a little faster.
There is AZW3 support but with no Annotation in Book Info. There is ligatures and hyphenation support just like with Epub. I did not check if with AZW3 there are some issues in rendering (like correct spacing when are used margin-top or margin-bottom).

There are 3 things that I miss with Pocketbook:
  1. custom sharpness of font (very good in Kobo, good enough in Kindle) because the possibility of "Bold" or "Italic" (!) is too rude;
  2. pop up notes;
  3. enlarged touch area for notes because often I am not able to find it and I accidentally change page.

Last edited by ps67; 07-28-2022 at 05:31 AM.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 08:17 AM   #913
cellaris
Addict

Now also available for InkPad X.
Old 07-28-2022, 08:25 AM   #914
cellaris
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
[*]enlarged touch area for notes because often I am not able to find it and I accidentally change page.
This feature was introduced as an enhancement in the development of firmware 5.x. (I still have it on my Touch HD 2, with firmware 5.20). Mysteriously it disappeared with the new 6.x firmware.
Old 07-28-2022, 08:33 AM   #915
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I no longer have the PocketBook Era. The new owner kindly sent me some screenshots this afternoon.
Thank you. That's a lot better then what we get from a Kindle with the same eBook.