Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 03:22 PM   #886
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I grabbed that one.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:02 PM   #887
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
murg, I've found a cookbook just for you!

My Story of Survival - free
http://www.amazon.com/My-Story-Survival-ingredients-ultimate-ebook/dp/B018QDEKXK/
Thanks, but it's just another weird diet book...

I guess my favourites are the Paleo Pressure Cooker books, because when I think of cavepersons, the first thing that comes to mind are pressure cookers...
Advert
Old 12-17-2015, 04:36 PM   #888
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post

I guess my favourites are the Paleo Pressure Cooker books, because when I think of cavepersons, the first thing that comes to mind are pressure cookers...
Electric Pressure Cookers of course
Old 12-17-2015, 05:10 PM   #889
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post

So far it isn't even a diet book. It is a ME book and a why EVERYTHING is bad book.
Since I went to the trouble of looking at it, here are the 10 foods.
Carrot, sweet potato, green beans, coconut oil and a little salt, kosher fish, plain yogurt, apple, dried fig and 2 digestives (one dairy)(can someone please tell me what digestive are.

Oh wait she added more foods for lunch so we are now over 10.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:48 PM   #890
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
So far it isn't even a diet book. It is a ME book and a why EVERYTHING is bad book.
Since I went to the trouble of looking at it, here are the 10 foods.
Carrot, sweet potato, green beans, coconut oil and a little salt, kosher fish, plain yogurt, apple, dried fig and 2 digestives (one dairy)(can someone please tell me what digestive are.

Oh wait she added more foods for lunch so we are now over 10.
The Brits will think of
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digestive_biscuit
Said to be similar to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_cracker

There is also
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digestif

Might as well go back to Electric Pressure Cookers
Advert
Old 12-17-2015, 10:20 PM   #891
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Now $3.99 and Marked Down 79%--This Very Highly Rated Indian Cookbook.

I love ethnic food, and Indian food has to be my favorite of all.

My Indian Kitchen: Preparing Delicious Indian Meals without Fear or Fuss. By Hari Nayak. Rated 4.8 stars, from 44 reviews at the present moment, at Amazon. Print list price $27.95; digital list price $18.99; Kindle price now $3.99. Tuttle Publishing, publisher. 160 pages. http://www.amazon.com/My-Indian-Kitc...indian+kitchen.

Book Description
In My Indian Kitchen, author and chef Hari Nayak shares the secrets of his family's style of southern Indian cooking as well as favorite dishes from other parts of the huge Indian subcontinent—secrets that he learned from his mother and aunts, neighbors, local street vendors and countless friends. It is full of hunger-inducing recipes and simple tips that will allow even the novice cook to succeed at unlocking the "hidden magic" of Indian cooking.

With the recipes in this Indian cookbook, consistently delicious Indian food at home becomes a reality. From a perfect Mint Chutney with Samosa to a melt-in-the-mouth Chicken Tikka Masala, to Pork Vindaloo, Tandoori Chicken and Sweet Mango Yogurt Lassi, traditional Indian meals without hours and hours of work can be achieved.

Having lived in the West for many years, Hari understands the time for meal preparation is limited. To accommodate our busy lifestyle, the recipes in this book have been simplified, without sacrificing any of their authenticity. With Hari's guidance and timesaving tips, the home cook can create Indian meals appealing to their own individual tastes.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:29 PM   #892
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh My! Another Very Highly Rated Indian Cookbook for $3.99 and 79% Markdown!

Entice With Spice: Easy Indian Recipes for Busy People. By Shubhra Ramineni. Rated 4.9 stars from 105 reviews at Amazon, at the present moment. Print list price $27.95; digital list price $18.99; Kindle price now $3.99. Tuttle Publishing, publisher. 160 pages. http://www.amazon.com/Entice-Spice-I...ice+with+spice.

Book Description
Entice with Spice shows Indian food enthusiasts how to prepare delicious meals at home without spending hours in the kitchen. A first generation Indian-American, author Shubhra Ramineni has developed a no-fuss cooking style that re-creates authentic Indian flavors using easy techniques and fresh and readily available ingredients.

The Indian food lover will find nearly 100 recipes—from samosa to naan bread and mouthwatering curries—for easy-to-make versions of popular dishes from both the North and South of India. Throughout this practical book Shubhra shares tricks and shortcuts she has learned from her mother, who is from Northern India; her mother-in-law, who is from Southern India; family members in India, and professional chefs in the U.S. With a friendly, reassuring voice, Shubhra shows busy home cooks how simple it is to quickly prepare a homemade Indian meal that tastes wonderful, looks elegant and is also very healthy.

Favorite Indian recipes include:
- Chicken Kebabs
- Pepper Shrimp on a Stick
- Coconut Chutney
- Whole Wheat Flatbread
- Chicken Vindaloo Curry
- Easy Lamb Curry
- Fish with Tamarind Curry
- Sweet Rice Pudding
And many more…
Old 12-18-2015, 07:18 PM   #893
GA Russell
Elks finally win!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Kombucha Brewing - free
http://www.amazon.com/Kombucha-Brewi...dp/B0150A6DLO/

30 Minute Meals - free
http://www.amazon.com/Quick-Easy-Rec...dp/B011HIOR5W/
Old 12-20-2015, 04:00 PM   #894
GA Russell
Elks finally win!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Coffee Roasting at Home - 99 cents
http://www.amazon.com/Coffee-Roastin...dp/B00I3SQXAW/
Old 12-22-2015, 01:38 AM   #895
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

From the Winner of MasterChef--Southern Recipes with a Modern Twist. Only $1.99!

That's a huge 85% off of the digital list (or possibly regular digital) price of $12.99.

Have you noticed how many Southern cookbooks that there are? I wonder why that is. Could it be because Southern food is the best? ha

Whitney Miller's New Southern Table: My Favorite Family Recipes with a Modern Twist. By Whitney Miller. Rated 4.4 stars, from 21 reviews at Amazon at the present moment. Print list price $26.99; digital list(?) price $12.99; Kindle price now $1.99. Thomas Nelson, publisher. 320 pages. http://www.amazon.com/Whitney-Miller...dp/B00XPV62WQ/.

Book Description
Following her great-grandmothers’ examples of creatively stretching meals during the Great Depression, Whitney Miller transforms recipes from her Southern roots, preserving flavors of traditional family dishes while offering the excitement of her own special touches. She offers a taste of her family table with dishes like Southern Horchata, PB&J Chicken Satay, Dehydrated Okra Chips, Sweet Corn Grit Tamales, Peach Bread Pudding with Sweet Tea Rum Sauce, and much more. Using new techniques and cooking methods, Miller reimagines classic recipes and experiments with flavors from around the world, inspired by her travels since winning MasterChef.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 12-22-2015 at 01:41 AM.
Old 12-24-2015, 08:34 PM   #896
GA Russell
Elks finally win!

Twice as Nice (chicken) - free
http://www.amazon.com/Twice-As-Nice-...dp/B00AQCJLB6/
Old 12-25-2015, 01:49 AM   #897
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I'm just back from Christmas Dinner.

How can you even think of food at a time like this?
Old 12-25-2015, 07:25 PM   #898
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Will it Waffle by Daniel Shumsky is Workman Publishing's "Blue Plate Special" at $2.99. If you buy it from eBooks.com, you get both the PDF and epub. It's couponable at Kobo.
eBooks.com
Kobo
B&N
Amazon

Workman has a number of books on sale right now. Here's a list ordered by price at B&N. I also picked up The 12 Bottle Bar (again at ebooks.com so I could get both formats).

Last edited by Difflugia; 12-25-2015 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Added link to other sale books.
Old 12-25-2015, 07:59 PM   #899
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
Will it Waffle by Daniel Shumsky is Workman Publishing's "Blue Plate Special" at $2.99. If you buy it from eBooks.com, you get both the PDF and epub. It's couponable at Kobo.
eBooks.com
Kobo
B&N
Amazon
Good post. Thanks.

The book's very highly rated, I see, at Amazon.

It says that you can make 53 different items with a waffle maker. That's about 52 more than I can think of. ha

This might be a good book to give to a college student who can have only a couple of small cooking appliances in his/her dorm room.

I'm intrigued, I'm going to get it. The ebooks.com route looks like a good one. Thanks for suggesting it. I prefer Kindle mobi to ePub, but it's not all that big a deal.
Old 12-25-2015, 09:51 PM   #900
GA Russell
Elks finally win!

I hope everyone has enjoyed his Christmas!

Canning and Preserving for Beginners - 99 cents
http://www.amazon.com/Canning-Preser...dp/B00DG90R00/

Grain Free Paleo Snacks - free
http://www.amazon.com/Grain-Free-Pal...dp/B00WEJE042/
Closed Thread