Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-20-2020, 08:03 PM   #886
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I have a date column, #fanficupdated. Is it possible for a template rule to compare that to the date of a matched book currently on the device and return a bool?

I'd like to display a column icon if the version of a fanfic in my library is newer than the one on the device (to remind me to re-upload it). Making a hidden composite column to tie the icon to seems best idea.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 09-23-2020 at 08:05 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 07:15 PM   #887
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For a format_date, how would I make it return the first three numbers of the year?

Code:
{pubdate:'test($,
strcat(format_date($,'yyyy')),
'Unknown')'}
I'm trying to get this to return, for instance, 1970.1973 if the pubdate year is 1973.
Advert
Old 10-13-2020, 07:39 PM   #888
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
For a format_date, how would I make it return the first three numbers of the year?

Code:
{pubdate:'test($,
strcat(format_date($,'yyyy')),
'Unknown')'}
I'm trying to get this to return, for instance, 1970.1973 if the pubdate year is 1973.
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...29#post4046729.

It seems that adding substr to the template functions might be a good idea.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 07:54 PM   #889
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Is there a template function that can test for "does this book have an annotation/bookmark"?
Old 10-30-2020, 03:33 AM   #890
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Is there a template function that can test for "does this book have an annotation/bookmark"?
No, and I don't know whether such a thing is possible. I will look once I am able to do development again.
Advert
Old 10-30-2020, 04:14 AM   #891
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Thank you. For context, I was hoping to make a psuedobool composite column.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-30-2020 at 04:19 AM.
Old 10-30-2020, 05:14 PM   #892
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
No, and I don't know whether such a thing is possible. I will look once I am able to do development again.
It is possible but it would be very slow requiring fetching all annotations from the database. I am not going to add it until/if/when that changes.
Old 10-30-2020, 05:16 PM   #893
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Understandable. I might make an enhancement request for some option to mark all the books with annotations.
Old 10-31-2020, 10:44 AM   #894
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
It is possible but it would be very slow requiring fetching all annotations from the database. I am not going to add it until/if/when that changes.
Quote:
Understandable. I might make an enhancement request for some option to mark all the books with annotations.
After discussions with Kovid I will add a new database method to calibre that returns the number of annotations of all kinds and on all formats attached to the book. This method runs without needing to read the database tables so it is as fast as we can make it, one hopes fast enough.

I also added a template function annotation_count() that returns the count if it is > 0 else the empty string. This will work with template functions like "isempty()", "test()", "first_non_empty", etc. It will also work with numeric relationals such as "if annotation_count() ># 0 then 'foo' else 'bar' fi"
Old 10-31-2020, 02:20 PM   #895
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Thank you
Old 11-05-2020, 01:04 PM   #896
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Code:
program:
	p = identifier_in_field(id:isbn)
	g = identifier_in_field(id:goodreads)

if p then strcat(p)
  else 
  if g then strcat(g)
 fi
I was trying to make it show Goodreads only if the ISBN didn't exist. It didn't quite work as expected.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Oops.png
Views:	406
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	183232

I'm still trying to figure these out.
Old 11-05-2020, 02:12 PM   #897
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Code:
program:

if p then strcat(p)
  else 
  if g then strcat(g)
 fi
I was trying to make it show Goodreads only if the ISBN didn't exist. It didn't quite work as expected.

Attachment 183232

Code:
program:

if p then strcat(p)
        else 
           if g then strcat(g)
           fi
        fi
At least a fi is missing
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 02:16 PM   #898
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Code:
program:

if p then strcat(p)
  else 
  if g then strcat(g)
 fi

Attachment 183232

There are several errors in this template.
  • You need semicolons between the statements.
  • There is no function identifier_in_field. I think you mean identifier_in_list, but regardless you don't want to use it. Instead use 'select'.
  • You are missing a second fi (as Terisa de morgan said
That said, if I understand what you want to do then this template is does the job.
Code:
program:
	i = field('identifiers');
	ifempty(select(i, 'isbn'), select(i, 'goodreads'))
If you really want to use an if statement then this works.
Code:
program:
	p = select(i, 'isbn');
	if p then p else select(i, 'goodreads') fi
Old 11-05-2020, 07:18 PM   #899
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

That works. I was just starting out with the two identifiers as a a test case. Eventually I want to encompass more identifiers in descending priority (e.g. if isbn or goodreads doesn't exist, check asin, then google, then url, etc...).
Old 11-06-2020, 06:14 AM   #900
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
That works. I was just starting out with the two identifiers as a a test case. Eventually I want to encompass more identifiers in descending priority (e.g. if isbn or goodreads doesn't exist, check asin, then google, then url, etc...).
Then you want to use first_non_empty, in which you can list the order by priority. Example:
Code:
program:
	first_non_empty(
		select(i, 'isbn'),
		select(i, 'goodreads')
# more as desired
	)

Tags
custom column, tag, tags