Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #76
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
<<The stars are there for the *readers*, not to give the writers an ego-boo.>>

Damn.
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:08 AM   #77
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
We would like to see authors join in our community through not only promotion, but also in discussion and involvement in the various threads.

Promoting and leaving, promoting and leaving - this equates to uncaring and selfish authors who have only one agenda. Our savvy Members are wise to this procedure and are quick to point out to us their dislike for such tactics and (in my opinion), they no longer have any patience for these individuals.

When this kind of behavior (along with the constant bumping and the creation of duplicate threads) goes against our Posting Guidelines, then 'yes', self-promotion can - and does - go too far.

Since I am writing this as a Moderator, I would like to take this opportunity to invite everyone to read our Posting Guidelines and (dare I say it?), HAVE FUN!

Having said all this, I think I can say that the Threads I've created invite thoughtful and considerate discussion, along with a sense of humor when appropriate, as indicated in my Signature.*

Don

* = I'm begging you to read it.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-24-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert