Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-29-2022, 01:29 PM   #76
Gotadimple
Zealot
Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nvidia Shield
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
What is going to happen when "Black Friday Year" isn't long enough?
Then they're going to have to re-name the year to something else, OR, get politically correct and decline to offer Black Friday sales, cause their prices are the best all year round!

- Rita
Gotadimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 03:42 AM   #77
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Target

Weekly Black Friday Deals -- ad scan -- 30 Oct~05 Nov
Quote:
Target Adds More Early Black Friday Deals This Week

Posted on 10/30/22

As we covered earlier, Target is once again featuring early Black Friday Deals in their weekly ads leading up to Black Friday. This week features considerably more deals than the first few weeks of these early deals in more categories. View these new deals here.

This week you'll find Early Black Friday Deals on toys, video games, home items, kitchen products, electronics and much more. Also be sure to check your Target Circle offers as Target has been sending out several targeted (no pun intended) offers for either $ or % off purchases.
Quote:
Next Week's Target Sale Ad Posted with New Black Friday Deals

Posted on 10/28/22

Time for another sneak peek at some of Target's upcoming deals. We've just posted the 34-page Target weekly sale ad for next week. The deals in this ad start on Sunday, October 30th and run through Saturday, November 5th, both in stores and online on Target.com.

The ad features a new set of Target's early Black Friday Deals on pages 1 through 9 of the ad. This week features more Black Friday deals than the previous weeks with deals on tech including Apple products, video games, kitchen gear, vacuums, baby gear, toys and more.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-30-2022 at 10:01 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2022, 10:54 AM   #78
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotadimple View Post
This last part will be hard to find, they don't include a CD Drive in almost all laptops, you might be able to find a desktop that includes it.
Agreed, but you can buy a portable one on Amazon. I had to do this when the one built into my old pc died on me. My new Dell didn't come with one, but I have plenty of USB inputs so I used one of those to plug in the DVD drive. The Dell found it and it works just fine.

Now a days, when I want to add music to play on my home system, I just use a program for YouTube to download songs to it then transfer them over to my music folder. From there they get loaded to a Samsung phone that I use as an mp3 player that is attached to my system.

Computing has come a loooooong way!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 10:09 PM   #79
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Target

Target Military Discount -- exp 12 Nov
Quote:
Get 10% off Two Purchases

Posted on 10/30/22

Target has their annual military discount now through November 12th. Military personnel, veterans and their families can get 10% off two separate purchases via a Target Circle offer when you verify your military status. There are some exclusions, so check out the site for full details.

Target offers free shipping on most orders of $35 or more. You can also choose free in-store pickup or drive-up delivery at a local Target store. Target also offers same-day delivery through Shipt. Target has some great early Black Friday deals to combine with this discount this week.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-30-2022 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-30-2022, 11:53 PM   #80
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Lenovo

Black Friday Ad Posted
Quote:
Lenovo Black Friday Sale Ad Posted

Posted on 10/28/22

Time for another new ad! We've just posted the Black Friday ad for Lenovo for you to check out. View the 16-page ad here and start making out your list.

Lenovo is having multiple Black Friday sales this year. Their initial sneak peak started over a week ago on Lenovo.com. They will have "Black Friday Deal Days" from Monday through the 14th.

They will have a "Black Friday Starts Now" sale from the 14th through the 23rd. Their bigger sales start Wednesday the 23th at 9am EST. New doorbusters drop every hour from 9am to 9pm EST.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-16-2022 at 11:42 AM.
Advert
Old 10-31-2022, 09:53 PM   #81
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
What is going to happen when "Black Friday Year" isn't long enough?
Don't worry, they still have a ways to go until they reach a full Black Friday Decade. After that? Well, there's also centuries and millenniums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
From there they get loaded to a Samsung phone that I use as an mp3 player that is attached to my system.
Getting a Motorola phone for $25 to use as a music player was one of the best purchases I've ever made. I had no idea it'd be as useful as it is.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 10:11 PM   #82
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
Getting a Motorola phone for $25 to use as a music player was one of the best purchases I've ever made. I had no idea it'd be as useful as it is.
Which one is it? I have a Moto E6 I picked up 2 years ago and it's still going strong. So no need to upgrade it this year.
Old 10-31-2022, 11:19 PM   #83
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Which one is it? I have a Moto E6 I picked up 2 years ago and it's still going strong. So no need to upgrade it this year.
I have a Moto E4 and the battery is starting to fade so I would upgrade given a good deal. It has been a real workhorse for me... lots of audiobooks.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 12:57 PM   #84
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Walmart

Walmart+ Subscription -- $49/12 mo -- exp 03 Nov @ 11:59 pm ET
Quote:
6 months FREE of Walmart+

Get half off an annual membership & enjoy early access to online Black Friday deals.

*Pay $49 for the first year of an annual membership. Offer ends 11/3/2022 at 11:59PM ET. Not available to current paid members. **Not available to trial members. While supplies last. +Savings based on 2 deliveries per week vs. nonmember $7.95 fee. ++Savings based on 1 & 2 orders under $35 per week vs. nonmember $6.99 fee. Reward quantities are limited. While supplies last. Items subject to change.
Get a Year of Walmart+
Quote:
for Just $49 Through Thursday

Posted on 11/1/22

Through Thursday night, Walmart is offering half off an annual subscription to Walmart+, their membership program. Use this link to sign up and you'll get a year for $49 (regularly $98). Sadly this offer isn't available to current paid or trial members.

Walmart+ offers 7 hours of early access to Black Friday deals this year, along with free delivery from your local store on orders of $35 or more, a free Paramount+ streaming subscription, free shipping with no minimum on most shippable orders, fuel savings and more perks.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-01-2022 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-01-2022, 09:11 PM   #85
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Walmart

Walmart Releases Black Friday Preview Deals
Quote:
& First Sale Pricing

Posted on 11/1/22

Walmart has updated their Black Friday landing page with what appear to be the deals that will make up their first weekly Black Friday sale that starts Monday night. Even better, some of the deals can be ordered right now at the Black Friday sale prices, so check out the sale page here.

There are other deals on the page that show the lower prices that will be available during the sale next week so you can start to plan ahead for that sale. There are some nice deals on electronics including iPads and TVs, toys, home items, clothing and much more.
Old 11-01-2022, 09:41 PM   #86
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Also a Moto E6. I've not had any problems with the phone itself, but Spotify's app has left a lot to be desired. I'm still happy with the combo overall.

Edit: I may give Walmart+ a try at $49. We dropped the Sam's Club membership this year that dad paid for, so he could pay for it and we could see if it's worth keeping or not.

Last edited by Manabi; 11-01-2022 at 09:44 PM.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 09:58 PM   #87
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
Also a Moto E6. I've not had any problems with the phone itself, but Spotify's app has left a lot to be desired. I'm still happy with the combo overall.

Edit: I may give Walmart+ a try at $49. We dropped the Sam's Club membership this year that dad paid for, so he could pay for it and we could see if it's worth keeping or not.
My only complaint with the E6 is its size. Phones are getting too big. I want one with a 4" display so it'll fit in my shirt pocket without weighing it down. Other than that, it's a great media player.

The only benefits I saw worthwhile with Walmart+ were the free shipping and free Paramount+ (normally $5/mo or $50/yr). But Paramount is running a 50% off special, so I got that deal instead. That deal expires 03 Nov.
Old 11-02-2022, 08:20 AM   #88
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon

Celebrate Alexa's Birthday -- limited time
Quote:
with Black Friday-Level Deals

Posted on 10/31/22

Amazon's Alexa voice assistant is turning 8 years old on Sunday. To celebrate, Amazon has Black Friday-level deals on many of their popular smart devices. You'll save up to 50% on Fire TV sticks, Fire TVs, Fire tablets, Echo Show smart displays, Echo smart speakers and more.

You'll also find deals on Ring and Blink home security devices as well as Amazon's Halo View fitness trackers. Based on past years we don't expect these deals to be beat during Amazon's Black Friday sale so if there is something you are looking for, we'd suggest getting it now versus waiting.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-02-2022 at 08:29 AM.
Old 11-02-2022, 09:40 PM   #89
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Best Buy

Early Access Black Friday Deals -- new deals
Quote:
Best Buy Brings New Black Friday Deals Right Now

Posted on 11/2/22

Best Buy continues their Early Access Black Friday Deals this week with several new bargains. Get select Best Buy Black Friday deals on items throughout the site including electronics, home items and much more. New deals are added every few days so keep checking back.

Best Buy currently offers free shipping on orders over $35 or you can save on shipping by choosing free pickup at your local Best Buy store. A reminder that Best Buy is starting their full Black Friday sale on November 18th this year for My Best Buy members (free to sign up).

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-16-2022 at 04:07 AM.
Old 11-02-2022, 10:01 PM   #90
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Sam's Club

November Savings Event -- ad scan -- 05~09 Nov
Quote:
Expanded Sam's Club November Sale Ad Posted

Posted on 11/2/22

Sam's Club has a big November Savings Event starting this Saturday and running until Wednesday. Until today we only had a small preview from Sam's Holiday Guide book but this morning we've updated the ad scan on the site with a much longer 26-page sale ad for this event.

You can now check out the full set of deals that will be available starting on Saturday. There are some 3-day-only doorbusters that will only be available through Monday as well. As always, Plus members get free shipping on most deals and free pickup is also available.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-02-2022 at 10:11 PM.