Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-12-2008, 01:13 AM   #76
rowjimmy
rowjimmy is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505
From a Lassie episode: As the cast runs out of a little farm house to save the day, we see a shiny, sleek sedan and a beat up pickup truck standing outside, and the farmer says:

"Let's take my truck! It's pointed in the right direction."
rowjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:46 AM   #77
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
"Uh-oh! Jongo!"

(Anybody remember Danger Island?)
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2008, 11:48 AM   #78
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"Book 'im, Dano."

-Hawaii 5-O
Old 06-12-2008, 10:56 PM   #79
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

The Honeymooners: Ralph Cramden teaching Ed Norton to play golf-

"Okay, Norton, the first thing you do is address the ball."

Norton: "Hello, ball!"
Old 06-13-2008, 12:35 AM   #80
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Helmet off, CAPTAIN VIDEO!

Remember seeing that address from Norton to a fictional character. Was nice to see that I wasn't the only one thinking that fictional characters were listening to me. Thankfully, I got over it. Some still haven't.

One line that sticks with me, and am almost ashamed to type this,
But I have been able to subvert the silly, cheesy line
"Now my *Shirt's* chafing me"
into a very successful line when I'm 'tender' with my wife.

"Don't you wanna burn pants?"
Makes frequent appearances as well.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2008, 10:40 AM   #81
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
"Oh, intercourse the penguin!!"

(Monty Python, of course)
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:42 AM   #82
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
"Oh, intercourse the penguin!!"

(Monty Python, of course)
There! I rang rings around you, logically!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:58 PM   #83
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
There! I rang rings around you, logically!
I actually use that line in real life all the time. Of course, no one around here gets the joke, but the voices in my head do, and that's all the really matters, right??
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, silly, very silly