Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 12:32 PM   #76
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
(what's with the all caps titles for all her books?)
Pet peeve of mine, right up there with over-used covers.

Weekly report:

I did really well again this week.

Spent $7:
Opposition – Jennifer L. Armentrout
Lay it Down – Cara McKenna
Temptation – Robin Covington
My Hunger – Lisa Renee Jones
Precarious – Bella Jewel

Read:
Bastian’s Storm – Shay Savage = 4
Playing in the Rain - Jane Harvey-Berrick = 4
Opposition – Jennifer L. Armentrout = 4.5
Lay it Down – Cara McKenna = 4
Beautiful Disaster - Jamie McGuire = currently re-reading it because others told me I'd love it if I gave it another chance.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:50 PM   #77
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
I thought I did really well until I looked... I guess I did until today. The last 7 are all from this morning. sigh. At least the average is less than 1.50...

Purchased - Average 1.47
Click image for larger version

Name:	08.10.14.JPG
Views:	278
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	126651

Read
Click image for larger version

Name:	read_08.10.14.JPG
Views:	284
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	126650
Advert
Old 08-10-2014, 03:05 PM   #78
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I didn't buy any books this week. I am still reading Book 5 of Bones and Cat series about 60% in but I spent most of my time reading up on Sims 2 which is alot of reading and downloading. I haven't been feeling well this week and hubby is on crutches with a severe gout attack so it's been stressful.

I will say my laptop I got for my birthday last year is finally getting used instead of collecting dust. I just wished the view angle was better on it.

Oh and just a little mention if you changed any payment info with Amazon in the last month. You might want to check it again. I changed over my music subscription to my new card last month but it still came out on the old card this week which nearly cost me a $75 bounce fee at the bank. I think when they switch over to the new site look they reverted because when I checked the old card was set as payment. I've deleted it from the account this time so hopefully that can't happen again.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:18 PM   #79
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amazon Daily Deal is Sherrilyn Kenyon The Dark Hunter Series, $2.99 Each
Old 08-10-2014, 05:59 PM   #80
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Oh and just a little mention if you changed any payment info with Amazon in the last month. You might want to check it again. I changed over my music subscription to my new card last month but it still came out on the old card this week which nearly cost me a $75 bounce fee at the bank. I think when they switch over to the new site look they reverted because when I checked the old card was set as payment. I've deleted it from the account this time so hopefully that can't happen again.
Is that what happened? I knew I had deleted my expired card and added the new one but yesterday I got a "can not complete transaction, update payment info" message. Then it charged my credit card instead of taking from my gift card balance. Only 89¢ and 99¢ but I'm glad I looked at the invoice. Using the MP3 cart I still can't figure out how to get it to charge my gift balance. Oh well.
Advert
Old 08-10-2014, 06:31 PM   #81
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I have a question about Lisa Renee Jones. I am reading "If I were you" right now based on Blossoms rec, but for some reason it is listed as author Paul Walgren on Scribd. So I google the names together and the book seems to be listed on many book sites as Paul Walgren. Listed as his first novel.

Is Lisa Renee Jones a man with a pen name? Or did something get messed up somewhere along the line with listing the book. But I find that name connected to the book all over, not just Scribd. . Interesting. I like the book so far, so it wouldn't change my opinion or not make me wanna read it. I was just curious.

I also have been trying to update payment in my cloud storage subscription on Amazon and it keeps coming back as payment method not valid. I been using that CC just today to buy a regular product on Amazon and I think its because my CC expires in November this year and the renewal for the Cloud is in 2015. Can't think of anything else. Not sure if its the cloud of the music that is causing the issue as I subscribe to both, but one is due in 10 days. I guess I'll find out soon.

Last edited by Atunah; 08-10-2014 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:16 PM   #82
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
I have a question about Lisa Renee Jones. I am reading "If I were you" right now based on Blossoms rec, but for some reason it is listed as author Paul Walgren on Scribd. So I google the names together and the book seems to be listed on many book sites as Paul Walgren. Listed as his first novel.

Is Lisa Renee Jones a man with a pen name? Or did something get messed up somewhere along the line with listing the book. But I find that name connected to the book all over, not just Scribd. . Interesting. I like the book so far, so it wouldn't change my opinion or not make me wanna read it. I was just curious.

I also have been trying to update payment in my cloud storage subscription on Amazon and it keeps coming back as payment method not valid. I been using that CC just today to buy a regular product on Amazon and I think its because my CC expires in November this year and the renewal for the Cloud is in 2015. Can't think of anything else. Not sure if its the cloud of the music that is causing the issue as I subscribe to both, but one is due in 10 days. I guess I'll find out soon.
Perhaps he is her editor or cover artist? I don't know but I have talk to Lisa a few times on Facebook and watch her couple videos on You tube with her and her new husband and I can tell you she is a pretty woman with long black hair and a wicked sense of humor.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AuthorLisaReneeJones
If you want to watch some cute interaction between the newlyweds these are great! Her and Deigo are a hoot!
Old 08-10-2014, 07:31 PM   #83
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Perhaps he is her editor or cover artist? I don't know but I have talk to Lisa a few times on Facebook and watch her couple videos on You tube with her and her new husband and I can tell you she is a pretty woman with long black hair and a wicked sense of humor.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AuthorLisaReneeJones
If you want to watch some cute interaction between the newlyweds these are great! Her and Deigo are a hoot!
Ah thanks. I guess something went wierd at some point listing the book then. I almost didn't find it on Scribd.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:33 PM   #84
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
It seems to be just that one book, I think? Mainly on Scribd, Half.com, and some other places. I'm not sure if he's a co-author on that particular book, or an editor. (Sometimes the editors get listed as co-authors, even on Amazon.) Or maybe it's a glitch in the listing. On Amazon, he's not listed at all.

Or maybe, like you say, that's her real name.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:37 PM   #85
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Is that what happened? I knew I had deleted my expired card and added the new one but yesterday I got a "can not complete transaction, update payment info" message. Then it charged my credit card instead of taking from my gift card balance. Only 89¢ and 99¢ but I'm glad I looked at the invoice. Using the MP3 cart I still can't figure out how to get it to charge my gift balance. Oh well.
It's the only thing I can think of. Hubby was ticked at me for most of the day because of it. *sigh* Amazon needs to get it together!
Old 08-11-2014, 08:48 AM   #86
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Bought

Wife number seven......Melissa Brown....it really sounds different. I hope I don't hate it.

Read

Rising assets........Rebecca Zanetti......3.5
Sweet filthy boy.....Christina Lauren.....first half 4, second half 3

Free as of last night

http://www.amazon.com/Playing-With-H...dp/B00EMMMG86/
Old 08-11-2014, 10:05 AM   #87
hannahi
Addict
hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3, Google Nexus phone, Sony PRS-300
I didn't buy much at all last week:
My Beautiful Enemy by Sherry Thomas
Mystic Cowboy by Sarah Anderson

I didn't finish anything but I got about 40% through An Echo in the Bone.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:58 AM   #88
JNCalif
Enthusiast
JNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Gah, I need to move the Inside Out trilogy up in my TBR mountain!

Question, has anyone here read After I Do – Taylor Jenkins Reid? Debating whether to put it in my 'buy' pile for the next KC .
I haven't read After I Do, but Taylor's book Forever, Interrupted is WONDERFUL. It's a tearjerker, but amazingly done.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:56 AM   #89
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNCalif View Post
I haven't read After I Do, but Taylor's book Forever, Interrupted is WONDERFUL. It's a tearjerker, but amazingly done.
Thank you for replying. Now I'll have to look at both the books!

Freebie for those who are looking for something a little different. I don't usually read romantic/suspense/time travel but this one just sounded so good had to grab it.

A Twist in Time - E.G. Glover

blurb: Mystery Hill, an ancient stone circle in New Hampshire, is a place of legend and its true purpose has all but been lost with the passage of time.

Roger Grayson is less than a week away from marrying Lisa Barnet when the unthinkable happens, and she is torn away from him in a fatal car accident.

A year later, when Roger reluctantly gives in to pressure from his best friend to get out of the house, he is surprised to find an interest in what Richard Adahy, the enigmatic Indian caretaker of Mystery Hill, has to say about the folklore surrounding the circle…and the behavior of the Indian’s peculiar pet crow, Percy. Richard’s antiquated stories turn Roger’s despair for his lost love into a fraught hope.

With the autumn equinox fast approaching, Roger decides to push away his friend’s warnings to stay clear of Richard and his mystical hill, and travel back in time to seize the only chance he has of saving Lisa’s life.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:45 AM   #90
Blue2u
Wizard

Free;

Enjoying the Chase - Kirsty Moseley
Also free at Kobo.
blurb: Enjoying the Chase is a STAND ALONE companion novel of Nothing Left to Lose.

*** due to some heavy language and sexual content, this book is intended for persons aged 18+ ***

After more than 20 million reads online, Nate and his pick-up lines are now coming to an E-reader near you!

Nate Peters is living the playboy life. He has great friends, a great job, no responsibilities, no girlfriend, and he loves it. Nate, being incredibly skilled with a pick-up line, has never failed to get a girl in his life… until one day he meets Rosie York. Rosie is completely uninterested in him. Being unable to stand a dented ego, Nate makes it his mission to win her over. Not used to putting in much effort, Nate is surprisingly enjoying the chase of this off-limits little brunette. Maybe he has finally met his match… But Rosie has a few surprises of her own which will make it remarkably more difficult for him to get close to her.

A Romance / Humour that will make you laugh, cry and scream in frustration.
Closed Thread