Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #76
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Have you looked at the suggestions in the other thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171786 especially regarding the USB chipset on your PC?
Thank you for replying and trying to help me, I really appreciate it!

Yes, I read it, and posted in it to *try* and help the other fellow because the 2 upgrades I did to Calibre and the new KT 1.9.7 upgrade so far have not given me the 'get free diskspace error'.[I was getting that error last week] So no, I didn't really do anything regarding the USB chipset suggestions beacuse that error [so far] for me had been resolved, and also because I've had 3 different Kobos in the past year all used with this computer and had never encountered that error before the KT firmware upgrade. So I assumed it was some software conflict either with Kobo, Calibre, or both.

Instead I am now getting the 'unable to open database file' error when I make more than 1 change at a time to my KT through Calibre [today].

And there's my predicament, do I try the new KT 1.9.7 upgrade, again? Can I do it without using wifi? And either way, can I just load my library all at once like I used to be able to do without errors, or am I still restricted to doing a few books at a time to avoid any errors like I was a few days ago?

EDIT: I'm impatient, so went ahead and loaded my library of 203 books all in one go using Calibre, and I didn't upgrade any firmware. No errors, no problems. I guess I'm stuck with no clock [which I liked as a busy Mom], and double page turns occasionally. I'm to the point I just want to read, my time is so limited already I don't have the time for errors!

Last edited by Blue2u; 03-18-2012 at 04:48 PM. Reason: I'm impatient
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #77
mshappy89
mshappy89 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
updated mine
mshappy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #78
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
You can easily do the upgrade without WiFi..... Just launch Kobo Desktop; let it upgrade to the newest version, and then, when you attach the Kobo, Desktop will prompt you do an upgrade on the Touch.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:36 PM   #79
NightStar76
Enthusiast
NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.NightStar76 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nook
Still no shelf-support. Oh well! Updated. Seems okay.
NightStar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:04 AM   #80
JohnMorris
Enthusiast
JohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned offJohnMorris can read ebooks with the screen turned off

Device: PRS650, Kobo touch, PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post

Oh, and I honestly, really could not care LESS about being able to tell people on Facebook what I'm reading, let alone use my Kobo to do it. What a waste of development time and effort when other features are still pending.
Well said.

Completely agree. I want to read books on it. For everything else I have other devices.
JohnMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2012, 01:14 AM   #81
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Updated, too.

Looks quite nice and at least now there are breaks in paragraphs in my epubs - so less empty spaces and page turns. Still don't care for the Facebook thingy, though.

Unfortunately fonts support hasn't been fixed, so some fonts (like Linux Libertine) still don't work with epubs (with kepubs they do).

I don't seem to have any epubs with that "no margin on top problem" either.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:36 AM   #82
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Well I updated, and seems like no difference at all to page turning. It still refuses to respond at times until you do something else - like bring up the options menu on the bottom.

Also, I have seen the margins problem too.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:29 AM   #83
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I don't seem to have any epubs with that "no margin on top problem" either.
Heh heh heh.. You haven't tried enough epubs yet.. It happens to a few of my sideloaded epubs, not all.
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #84
alexul
Connoisseur
alexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura about

Device: PB 360, Kobo Touch
Update through wi-fi yesterday in a couple of minutes. I noticed on my sideloaded epub the top margin is indeed smaller and the bottom one is larger; I can't say it bothers me a lot but I have to get used to the screen again. It does seem a little bit faster, but it could be just an illusions.
alexul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:11 AM   #85
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Did a factory reset and reinstalled the update, but still having the same problem
connecting to wifi.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #86
Sound
Sound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
Did a factory reset and reinstalled the update, but still having the same problem
connecting to wifi.
Everything is fine here. Whats your wifi setup and what router do you have?
Sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #87
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennex1170 View Post
Heh heh heh.. You haven't tried enough epubs yet.. It happens to a few of my sideloaded epubs, not all.
Yes, could be.

But most of my epubs have been converted by me, even if they have been epubs from the start (I like to remove fonts, colors, margins and the like). So maybe that's why I haven't had that problem (yet)?

I could use a little less margin on the bottom, though (and a little more on the top - there is some, but the text could be centered better).

Would be really nice to be able to set top and bottom margins on the Kobo and center the text manually.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #88
JedV
Kobo Toucher
JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

LOL, just updated and my first page turn was a double tap. So much for the improved responsiveness
JedV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #89
Jaden
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedV View Post
LOL, just updated and my first page turn was a double tap. So much for the improved responsiveness
Why, but that is improved responsiveness. You only tapped once and the Kobo responded that well, you got two page turns. Even more than you asked for.

Hopefully it will be better and that was just a small glitch.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #90
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound View Post
Everything is fine here. Whats your wifi setup and what router do you have?
I have a Linksys wrt54g router using WEP security.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote