Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-29-2011, 05:22 PM   #76
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I am getting one! I may have to sell my K3 first. I can't wait till my birthday. I want a non touch because I need something to take with me places. The K3 never leaves the house, has it's own shelf and is in it's cover when not use. A NT Kindle I could take with me to the Doctors or a trip.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:22 PM   #77
replica145
Bake 'Em Away Toys
replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW (Books) & iPad 3 (Comics)
So it's running the old firmware? I guess that's why the Touch has a different progress bar and home screen
replica145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2011, 05:22 PM   #78
jswinden
Nameless Being

Crap, I was going to take some screenshots for y'all, but I forgot I don't have a physical keyboard! So no shortcuts like screenshot, screen refresh, etc. I will definitely miss that Alt key!
Old 09-29-2011, 05:22 PM   #79
timelysarcasm
Warrior Princess
timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Thank you TS!

I like the new screen savers...the letters in particular. I can see how they might get boring after a while though.
You're welcome.

It's not that they're terrible, just incredibly boring because they all look kind of similar. I don't know, I preferred seeing Emily Bronte and company. I think this will prompt me to finally do a screensaver hack whenever one is available. I'll put Batgirl on mine.

And just to clarify again, I have a non-KSO Kindle 4, obviously.
timelysarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:24 PM   #80
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelysarcasm View Post
There aren't any authors this time around (at least not after turning mine on and off about 20 times to see).

Here are some pics of the new ones, they're mostly inanimate objects/pictures of letters/etc.

Sorry I can't imbed them, I think I'm too new of a member (and for the record, female).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ous/kindle.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...us/kindle2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...us/kindle3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...us/kindle5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...us/kindle4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...us/kindle6.jpg
No more creepy looking lady to scare me late at night?
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2011, 05:25 PM   #81
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Crap, I was going to take some screenshots for y'all, but I forgot I don't have a physical keyboard! So no shortcuts like screenshot, screen refresh, etc. I will definitely miss that Alt key!

Oh yeah I guess there's no more alt-g to refresh. Oh well.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:26 PM   #82
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by replica145 View Post
So it's running the old firmware? I guess that's why the Touch has a different progress bar and home screen
Slightly modified FW from what is on the K3. I think they had to make a few changes since it doesn't have a physical keyboard. But FW 4.0.1 is essentially FW 3.2.1 with a few modifications.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:26 PM   #83
replica145
Bake 'Em Away Toys
replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.replica145 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'll put Batgirl on mine.
Cassandra or Stephanie...?
Old 09-29-2011, 05:28 PM   #84
timelysarcasm
Warrior Princess
timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by replica145 View Post
Cassandra or Stephanie...?
Actually, I mistyped that, I meant Batwoman aka Kate Kane.
timelysarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:31 PM   #85
replica145
Bake 'Em Away Toys

Quote:
Actually, I mistyped that, I meant Batwoman aka Kate Kane.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:32 PM   #86
Zeebra
Evangelist

IT JUST ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!1
Old 09-29-2011, 05:33 PM   #87
Papi
Addict
Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle NT, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
If they had improved on the Pearl screen, why would they not be trumpeting that from the rooftops?
I agree. I thought maybe the eInk layer is still the same but they have a different glass layer on top of it that is less reflective / more transparent, but even if it's "only" that I think they surely would have advertised it...Well it's not the first time we hear of 2 supposedly same (Pearl) screen that look different. Or like some suggested, maybe eInk screens do slowly fade with time.
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:38 PM   #88
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebra View Post
IT JUST ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!1
Enjoy!

Would love to know about page numbers and locations,please!?!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:41 PM   #89
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
I'm convinced the e-ink screen fades with time, and that's what's causing it to look inferior on the Kindle 3.

I'm fairly certain the new K4 screen is what my K3 looked like when it was brand new.
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:41 PM   #90
jswinden
Nameless Being

Here are the menu items from various screens in case you would like to compare them with your K3:

Home Screen Menu
  • Turn Wireless Off
  • Shop in Kindle Store
  • Change Font Size
  • View Archived Items
  • Search
  • Create New Collection
  • Sync & Check for Items
  • View Downloading Items
  • Settings
  • View Special Offers
  • Experimental
  • Screen Rotation

Settings Screen Menu
  • Turn Wireless Off
  • Shop in Kindle Store
  • Change Font Size
  • Update Your Kindle
  • Restart
  • Reset to Factory Defaults
  • Legal
  • Sync & Check for Items
  • Screen Rotation

Collections Screen Menu
  • Turn Wireless Off
  • Shop in Kindle Store
  • Change Font Size
  • Add/Remove Items
  • Rename collection
  • Delete Collection
  • Screen Rotation

Book Screen Menu
  • Turn Wireless Off
  • Shop in Kindle Store
  • Change Font Size
  • Go to...
  • Sync to farthest Page Read
  • Book description
  • Search this Book
  • Add Bookmark
  • View Notes & Marks
  • View Popular Highlights

Last edited by jswinden; 09-29-2011 at 06:15 PM.