Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-25-2010, 11:02 AM   #76
mikemc2
Zealot
mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-505,Kindle 3,Nook HD+,iPod Touch,Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterBooks View Post
For me, an iPad is a device that would allow me to do more of a leisure activity I really do not need to do more of, like a portable device that injects cupcakes directly into my mouth.

If I'm away from the computer, I'm away from the computer. I don't even use the internet features on my phone.

It's a cool toy and from what I've seen it's really nicely designed and built. I'd take one if given to me and use it so I could websurf and email without getting off the couch, or out of bed, hence my original point.
I too would take one if give but I already have a Touch and a laptop so I wouldn't buy one, for me the iPad is a solution looking for a problem.
mikemc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 11:06 AM   #77
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
You wouldn't know where I could buy one of those cupcake injecting devices, would you? That sounds cool as all get-out!

With one of those and a box of Depends®, I wouldn't have to get off the sofa for a week!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2010, 12:42 PM   #78
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtterBooks View Post
For me, an iPad is a device that would allow me to do more of a leisure activity I really do not need to do more of, like a portable device that injects cupcakes directly into my mouth.

If I'm away from the computer, I'm away from the computer. I don't even use the internet features on my phone.

It's a cool toy and from what I've seen it's really nicely designed and built. I'd take one if given to me and use it so I could websurf and email without getting off the couch, or out of bed, hence my original point.
Yum, cupcakes!

I'm snuggled under the covers with my iPad, reading this forum and reading online news as I hear my husband's nephews enjoying their Christmas toys in the living room. I've also checked for e-book deals this morning and found deals that I can read on various iPad apps. Oh, checked e-mail, too.

Later, I'll enjoy my iPad as my husband drives us to a family Christmas dinner.

At Christmas Eve partying last night, a disc jockey relative told me about an app from her San Francisco radio station. I loaded it and found that it lets you instantly buy songs while you listen, so I'll be doing that on the car ride as well.

I love digital cupcakes, lol.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:54 PM   #79
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Leung View Post

I love digital cupcakes, lol.
And calorie-free too!
Old 12-25-2010, 02:11 PM   #80
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Cupcakes

Merry Christmas everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cupcakes.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	63521  
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2010, 02:14 PM   #81
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Old 12-25-2010, 11:17 PM   #82
RW2112
Connoisseur
RW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
YUMMMM!!!!
RW2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 11:55 PM   #83
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hmm... lots of reasons not to buy an iPad.

Good thing I won one! Ha!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:36 AM   #84
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figwit View Post
the battery runs flat too fast for serious book reading;
Having read over 30 books on my iPad since I got it in April, I would hope I count as someone using it for "serious book reading". I used my iPad for all of my 7 weeks of training for my new job, that too counts as "serious reading".

My battery lasts "all day". I cannot imagine reading for 10-12 hours straight, and THEN needing to read even more such that my iPad would fail me as a reader due to the battery.

I simply plug it in at night when I go to bed.

Or perhaps "serious reading" is when you go off into the wilderness where there is no electricity.

Nonny
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:46 AM   #85
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
Quote:
Apple's tablet computer is this year's hottest adult toy.
I bet there's an app for that too.
thrawn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:00 AM   #86
RW2112
Connoisseur
RW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beauty

Old 12-26-2010, 06:55 AM   #87
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
Having read over 30 books on my iPad since I got it in April, I would hope I count as someone using it for "serious book reading". I used my iPad for all of my 7 weeks of training for my new job, that too counts as "serious reading".

My battery lasts "all day". I cannot imagine reading for 10-12 hours straight, and THEN needing to read even more such that my iPad would fail me as a reader due to the battery.

Or perhaps "serious reading" is when you go off into the wilderness where there is no electricity.

Nonny
Gotta agree with that. It appears to last longer between charges than my DroidX.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:48 AM   #88
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post

Nonny
I'm a "serious" reader and have gotten used to charging my iPad daily. Works fine.

I edit for a living. I've spent months prepping for work daily by reading online for about an hour each morning on iPad; I get up to speed, take notes and go straight into a daily meeting. iPad also lets me catch up my e-mail on the go before work.

Reading also is my main hobby. I haven't watched TV in years. It takes me two to four hours to read a book, depending on content. I can easily read a book a day and still have a good amount of time to goof around on my iPad.

I was taking a long break from work when I got my iPad, and I did run outta battery power then, but I was using it for easily 10 hours a day.

Last edited by Maggie Leung; 12-27-2010 at 04:51 AM.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:02 AM   #89
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
Hmm... lots of reasons not to buy an iPad.

Good thing I won one! Ha!
Hah.

I got a free iPad, too...and sold it a week later (not from MR -- my grad school was giving them out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW2112 View Post
Nah, we're just anti-Steve Jobs.....
At one strange corporate job, I had to take a personality test, and I was almost an exact match for Steve Jobs. Never knew what to make of that.

Last edited by doreenjoy; 12-27-2010 at 05:05 AM.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:15 AM   #90
RW2112
Connoisseur

Things that make you go hhhmmmmmmmmmm...