Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-26-2010, 06:38 PM   #76
Palladin
Connoisseur
Palladin began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700, 350 & Pocketbook IQ
I got an email after requesting the updated firmware but the link did not work. As MmavisO said, by Monday I may have to return to the " road more traveled".
Palladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:38 PM   #77
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
speedtouch, Pocketbook's concept of time is certainly matching the Theory of General Relativity. That is, do take any term they give with a big grain of salt.
LOL! I think you're right.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2010, 12:00 AM   #78
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
LOL! I think you're right.
This new version is an update from the 20.november version and the link to the "old" version has been taken offline to not create a big confusion.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:07 AM   #79
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
This new version is an update from the 20.november version and the link to the "old" version has been taken offline to not create a big confusion.
I understand. Thanks for the new information. We eagerly look forward to Monday!

Just a quick question about this new firmware, let's call it the November 29 firmware, will it erase all our books and installed apps?
Old 11-27-2010, 12:17 AM   #80
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
Just a quick question about this new firmware, let's call it the November 29 firmware, will it erase all our books and installed apps?
It is always safe to backup you apps to make sure they are not wiped. Here is a tutorial that shows you how to do it:

How to backup Apps.

The ones installed by Pocketbook will stay on the IQ for sure. The ones you installed... not so sure.
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2010, 12:41 AM   #81
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post
It is always safe to backup you apps to make sure they are not wiped. Here is a tutorial that shows you how to do it:

How to backup Apps.

The ones installed by Pocketbook will stay on the IQ for sure. The ones you installed... not so sure.
I will let you know about that as soon as we have the new firmware installed. But, as Icewyng has pit it so nicely, "it is always safe to backup you apps"
Old 11-27-2010, 07:01 AM   #82
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
I will let you know about that as soon as we have the new firmware installed. But, as Icewyng has pit it so nicely, "it is always safe to backup you apps"
Indeed... I guess working with Linux does that to you. Ok, guess that piece of wisdom will go in my signature

Android (which, interestingly enough, is based on Linux) turns out to be a very interesting OS after all!
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:21 AM   #83
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
mtravellerh--Thank you for the firmware release update--it explains why I and some others were given a "broken" link to use. However, given

Quote:
The firmware will be available until monday. We're not secretive about it, btw, just waiting fir our tech guys to give us the goods, Their timing is a bit "large" sometimes
how "large" is the Monday date?
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:18 AM   #84
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmavisO View Post
mtravellerh--Thank you for the firmware release update--it explains why I and some others were given a "broken" link to use. However, given

how "large" is the Monday date?
We are checking the software for big errors right now. If it does what it should do, it will be up by monday and that's looking good so far.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:31 PM   #85
syoggy
syoggy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Nook, NookColor, and Pocketbook IQ
Hi all... I bought my IQ right from Pocketbooks website and have been playing with it since it the past few days. I noticed that the Bookland widget on my IQ is showing only Russian Books, which seems odd.

I had a 4gb SD card and it was not recognized when I popped it in, so I reformatted it and it worked... I forgot that you must unmount the card before popping it out and the IQ got confused, I copied the contents of the card to my harddrive and reformatted it, copied the files and folders - works like a charm.

I'm using Dolphin HD - works pretty nicely, had opera at 1st, was ok. But I liked Dolphin on my droid.

I did not get a USB cable as stated on the box, and have yet to get USB to work (hence the popping the SD card in/out).

So far no issues with the kindle app. I have the Droid Comic viewer - works ok. I used the pocketbook reader and seemed nice, I also deleted all the books in other languages.

Aldiko works nicely - but you need to import any epubs from a folder on your sdcard (eBooks/Import).

Read this entire post - great tips and whatnot, glad I joined

Steve
syoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #86
speedtouch
eBook Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by syoggy View Post
Hi all... I bought my IQ right from Pocketbooks website and have been playing with it since it the past few days. I noticed that the Bookland widget on my IQ is showing only Russian Books, which seems odd.

I had a 4gb SD card and it was not recognized when I popped it in, so I reformatted it and it worked... I forgot that you must unmount the card before popping it out and the IQ got confused, I copied the contents of the card to my harddrive and reformatted it, copied the files and folders - works like a charm.

I'm using Dolphin HD - works pretty nicely, had opera at 1st, was ok. But I liked Dolphin on my droid.

I did not get a USB cable as stated on the box, and have yet to get USB to work (hence the popping the SD card in/out).

So far no issues with the kindle app. I have the Droid Comic viewer - works ok. I used the pocketbook reader and seemed nice, I also deleted all the books in other languages.

Aldiko works nicely - but you need to import any epubs from a folder on your sdcard (eBooks/Import).

Read this entire post - great tips and whatnot, glad I joined

Steve
Welcome to MobileRead, Steve! Glad to have another PocketBooker here. Yes, this has turned into quite the thread, hasn't it?

My IQ also shows only Russian books. Maybe the upcoming firmware will remedy that situation. Keep in mind Registration does not work yet. I haven't heard back from Bookland about it nor have any of the PB reps said when it'll be fixed here, either.

Yup, it's important to unmount storage devices. Android is Linux-based, after all, and Linux really doesn't like to suddenly lose a storage device. I'm with you, Opera Mini just wasn't cutting it. Dolphin is my go-to browser now. The only thing I dislike is that it won't fit the webpage to the screen, like the default browser does.

I didn't get a USB cord, either. I emailed my seller about it, we'll see what she says.

Stick around, Steve. We're on the front lines of a brand new product and we can all use more information and help from each other.
Old 11-27-2010, 01:18 PM   #87
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
I don't think it's supposed to come with a USB cable. Mine didn't either, and the box didn't list one. The site also doesn't list a USB cable as in the box: http://www.pocketbook-usa.com/produc...k-iq/#contents although maybe the vendors are including one and PB is not?
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:23 PM   #88
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmavisO View Post
I don't think it's supposed to come with a USB cable. Mine didn't either, and the box didn't list one. The site also doesn't list a USB cable as in the box: http://www.pocketbook-usa.com/produc...k-iq/#contents although maybe the vendors are including one and PB is not?
Mine was just coming with a charger, as well
Old 11-27-2010, 01:29 PM   #89
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Yes, no usb cable, which I don't mind since I have a couple I can use.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:21 PM   #90
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I have a shoebox full of usb cables, so no big loss not to get one with the IQ.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote