Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-13-2021, 06:15 AM   #76
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandPC View Post
On my Kobo Aura 4.28 has removed the list view for annotations, no option but to use what was previously called Notebook (beta).

Hopefully they bring it back in the future, I really dislike notebook view.
Add in Kobo eReader.conf:
Code:
[Reading]
showOldAnnotationsView=true
and the choice will return.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 08:59 AM   #77
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingmongyee View Post
All I can surmise is that for some reason, my ip address is blocked by pgaskin.net. Thankfully, I can access the site through the VPN and I don't have this problem with any other site.
Try it now and see if it works. I think I've figured out why it wasn't working for you.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2021, 09:09 AM   #78
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Try it now and see if it works. I think I've figured out why it wasn't working for you.
Still doesn't work for me (I have not had time to try a VPN). I get the following error: pgaskin.net took too long to respond
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 02:17 PM   #79
Flaviocc
Zealot
Flaviocc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PPW5 / Kobo Aura One
Hi guys ! just to confirm.

No patches yet?

Tks !!!

EDIT: Patrick's site is up here.

Last edited by Flaviocc; 08-13-2021 at 02:22 PM.
Flaviocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 02:44 PM   #80
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaviocc View Post
Hi guys ! just to confirm.

No patches yet?

Tks !!!

EDIT: Patrick's site is up here.
They are not available yet. This is mainly due to Kobo having changed the way font-size is handled in books. Three existing patches are broken and it hasn't yet been confirmed how difficult it might be to repair them.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2021, 04:23 PM   #81
RandPC
RandPC began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Add in Kobo eReader.conf:
Code:
[Reading]
showOldAnnotationsView=true
and the choice will return.
Thank you!
Worked perfectly, much appreciated.
RandPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 05:57 PM   #82
Flaviocc
Zealot
Flaviocc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PPW5 / Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
They are not available yet. This is mainly due to Kobo having changed the way font-size is handled in books. Three existing patches are broken and it hasn't yet been confirmed how difficult it might be to repair them.
Thank you
Flaviocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 09:36 PM   #83
Andrew Ashling
Connoisseur
Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: I divide my time between Ormidon, Ximerion and Antwerp, Belgium
Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra H2O
I bought my Kobo Aura One in 2017. It was never usable. In the beginning the calibration of the touchscreen was off. This became better with each update. However, the touchscreen was unresponsive most of the time. It was so frustrating that I actually stopped using it, though I kept it updated.

With this last update the responsiveness problem is gone altogether and I can finally use the device without aggravation.
Andrew Ashling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 11:35 PM   #84
wingmongyee
Enthusiast
wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
It works for me now. Great. Thanks so much !

Last edited by wingmongyee; 08-14-2021 at 11:42 PM.
wingmongyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 12:28 AM   #85
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaviocc View Post
Thank you
But, if you do want to use them now, you can use the previous version's patches, and take updated values for the version-specific patches which fail to apply ("Remove forgot pin button from lock screen", "Customize ComfortLight settings", "New home screen subtitle custom font") from GitHub: https://github.com/pgaskin/kobopatch...ons/4.28.18220 .
Old 08-15-2021, 12:57 AM   #86
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Libra Colour, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Oasis3, Voyage
Does this mean the 'Custom Font Size' patches (10 and 24) are no longer needed via 4.28.17925 on the Elipsa???

Quote:
The epub font size issue introduced in 4.28.17820 appears to have been fixed in this version, but we're still doing some tests to make sure.

In addition, the font size values appear to have been reworked. The `Custom font sizes` patch
(which decreases the minimum font size) may not be necessary anymore. Furthermore, @sherman noticed that the Glo now goes into two-column mode at the smallest possible font size...

Edit: Just tested on my Aura2v1, Mini, and ClaraHD. It seems to have indeed been fixed (making the two patches which fix the font scale unnecessary) with smaller font sizes added as well (finally eliminating `Custom font sizes`). Thanks Kobo!
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 05:45 AM   #87
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
As the patches are not available if there any way we could use the patches for the previous versio? I only want the ability to bold my own fonts.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 06:11 AM   #88
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
As the patches are not available if there any way we could use the patches for the previous versio? I only want the ability to bold my own fonts.
https://github.com/pgaskin/kobopatch...skin.yaml#L531
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 06:51 AM   #89
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
I don't like the streaky lines the Clara displayed while it was downloading the firmware update. It looked broken. Why not a simple statement, like "Your device is being updated"?
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 07:18 AM   #90
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Does this mean the 'Custom Font Size' patches (10 and 24) are no longer needed via 4.28.17925 on the Elipsa???
From what I saw on my Clara, it looks like it isn't needed. I've heard conflicting observations from users of other devices though.

Tags
firmware, firmware release