Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 11:36 PM   #76
xxyzz
Evangelist
xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I tested 5.99.11 on Arch Linux, here are the problems I found:
  • Placeholder texts are black on Gnome dark theme, example: Preferences->Searching->Grouped searches->Names and Values
  • `QAbstractScrollArea` is not included in `pyqt6_compat.py`, it has `SizeAdjustPolicy` enum.
  • Checkbox(`Qt.ItemDataRole.CheckStateRole`) in `QTableView` can be unchecked from checked state but can't be changed to checked state. It works on PyQt5, maybe it's a Qt6 bug?. Code:

Code:
    class LemmasTableModle(QAbstractTableModel):
        def __init__(self):
            super().__init__()

def data(self, index, role=Qt.ItemDataRole.DisplayRole):
            if not index.isValid():
                return None
            column = index.column()
            value = self.lemmas[index.row()][column]
            if role == Qt.ItemDataRole.CheckStateRole and column == 0:
                return Qt.CheckState.Checked if value else Qt.CheckState.Unchecked
            elif role == Qt.ItemDataRole.DisplayRole and column == 3:
                return self.pos_types[value]
            elif role == Qt.ItemDataRole.DisplayRole or role == Qt.ItemDataRole.EditRole:
                return value
            elif role == Qt.ItemDataRole.ToolTipRole and column == 4:
                return value

def flags(self, index):
            if not index.isValid():
                return Qt.ItemFlag.ItemIsEnabled
            flag = QAbstractTableModel.flags(self, index)
            column = index.column()
            if column == 0:
                flag |= Qt.ItemFlag.ItemIsUserCheckable
            elif column == 5:
                flag |= Qt.ItemFlag.ItemIsEditable
            return flag

def setData(self, index, value, role):
            if not index.isValid():
                return False
            column = index.column()
            if role == Qt.ItemDataRole.CheckStateRole and column == 0:
                self.lemmas[index.row()][0] = value == Qt.CheckState.Checked
                self.dataChanged.emit(index, index, [role])
                return True
            elif role == Qt.ItemDataRole.EditRole and column == 5:
                self.lemmas[index.row()][5] = int(value)
                self.dataChanged.emit(index, index, [role])
                return True
            return False
    Full code: https://github.com/xxyzz/WordDumb/bl...stom_lemmas.py

Last edited by xxyzz; 06-29-2022 at 11:40 PM.
Old 06-29-2022, 11:55 PM   #77
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@xxyzz: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...f36ebd823111c1

and yes its a bug in PyQt, see https://riverbankcomputing.com/piper...ne/044730.html

And note that not all enums are ported in pyqt6_compat.py just commonly used ones. QAbstractScrollArea::SizeAdjustPOlicy is not that common.
Advert
Old 06-30-2022, 01:10 AM   #78
xxyzz
Evangelist
xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the fix and the link. I use the int value and it works, hope they'll fix the bug in the future release.
Old 06-30-2022, 03:26 PM   #79
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Kovid re-added the CALIBRE_USE_DARK_PALETTE. Apparently a look & feel toggle won't work for some operating systems (e.g. MacOS). But I'm happy to have dark mode back
Old 06-30-2022, 03:27 PM   #80
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Gotcha - it's the same for me if I select a book or some books.

How can you unselect the current book… other than a library switch of some sort?

BR
I don't think there is another way.
Advert
Old 06-30-2022, 05:29 PM   #81
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
How can you unselect the current book… other than a library switch of some sort?
I know of two ways:
  • Search for something that finds no books (e.g., qqqqqqqq), then remove the search with ESC or the backspace icon in the search bar.
  • Click on authors 3 times in the tag browser. This cycles through Search For, Search Not For, Don't Search. I think this will work with any category where "not category" finds no books, but as I don't have such a thing I can't test it.
These are almost certainly accidental but they work.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:38 PM   #82
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I think this will work with any category where "not category" finds no books, but as I don't have such a thing I can't test it.
It works for me, using my Titles (#firstletter) column.
Old 06-30-2022, 07:15 PM   #83
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Ctrl-left click the currently selected book is what I use.

Or apply a View from View Manager if you want something you can assign to a hot key?
Old 06-30-2022, 07:36 PM   #84
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I know of two ways:
  • Click 3 times in the tag browser.
it takes me two hands to click once; you might recall making the tag browser keyboard navigable at my request

However, free text searching within selected books wasn't supposed to be an option, which Kovid has fixed, so the need in this context has vanished. Nevertheless, maybe there should be a keyboard shortcut to clear (unselect) selected books.

A minor tangential issue:

The default shortcut for 'Clear the Virtual Library' is Ctrl+Esc, on my Windows 10 that sequence pops the Start Menu. FWIW: I set it to Ctrl+Alt+↑.

Added: Not only does Ctrl+Left button work - so does Ctrl+space. Thanks JX.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-30-2022 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-04-2022, 09:48 AM   #85
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Released 5.99.12 with the following fixes:

1) Fix an issue where plugin icons wer not being displayed when using an icon theme for both light and dark mode

2) Get rid of the CALIBRE_USE_DARK_PALETTE environmnet variable in favor if a setting in Preferences->Look & feel, since I was finally able to figure out how to get Qt to follow my instructions about color themes on macOS
Old 07-04-2022, 02:22 PM   #86
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Installed the beta and ran the indexer. Got this error immediately:
Code:
calibre, version 5.99.10
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ZeroDivisionError</b>:float division by zero

calibre 5.99.10  embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19044 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19044')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19044', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeACSM (0, 0, 15) && DeDRM (7, 0, 0) && Amazon.com Multiple Countries (1, 0, 0) && Author Book Count (2, 2, 2) && Comments Cleaner (1, 6, 3) && Count Pages (1, 11, 2) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 4) && EpubMerge (2, 12, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 2, 0) && FanFicFare (4, 9, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 1, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 9, 4) && Generate Cover (2, 1, 0) && Job Spy (1, 0, 190) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (1, 58, 0) && KFX Output (1, 58, 0) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && Kobo Books (1, 9, 0) && Kobo Utilities (2, 15, 1) && Modify ePub (1, 7, 0) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 87) && Quality Check (1, 12, 0) && Search The Internet (1, 8, 1) && View Manager (1, 8, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre\gui2\fts\scan.py", line 141, in update
  File "calibre\gui2\fts\scan.py", line 63, in time_left
ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero
You can uninstall DeDRM (7, 0, 0) as it will not work with Calibre 6.
Old 07-04-2022, 03:38 PM   #87
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You can uninstall DeDRM (7, 0, 0) as it will not work with Calibre 6.
That's good to know. I'll probably just switch back to a portable copy of an older version for DeDRMing.
Old 07-04-2022, 03:46 PM   #88
thiago.eec
Wizard
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
That's good to know. I'll probably just switch back to a portable copy of an older version for DeDRMing.
Version 10.0.2 works fine for me.
Old 07-04-2022, 03:47 PM   #89
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

That's even better to know! I think I was using 10.0.2 but haven't gotten a DRM'd book since I downloaded the beta.
Old 07-05-2022, 04:29 AM   #90
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
What you could try is downloading DeDRM 10.0.2 and then updating the code from the repository and see if it works.
Closed Thread