Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 09-12-2019, 02:47 AM   #76
Rubensosa
Rubensosa began at the beginning.

Device: Onix Boox m96 - Boyue Likebook Alita
When for the new alita firmware android 8 purchased from ereader.de?
Can I automatically update online? Or manually?
Thank you
Rubensosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 03:47 PM   #77
Huey
Huey began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Likebook Alita
Mine has a battery ;o)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azw409 View Post
Firstly I discovered that either it doesn't contain a battery or it's not working. It's stuck on 66% when charging and if I unplug it, it goes off immediately.
I had an issue trying to charge, by using my Samsung S10+ (UK) wall charger. The Alita's red charge light initially came on, then alternated between on and off and looking at the battery indicator, the charge symbol also went on and off. Initially I thought Boyue had included a dodgy USB type-C cable, but in fact I concluded it was incompatibility of the Alita with a charger which can negotiate different charge rates, as is common these days.

Charging with a battery pack gave no issues and a quick charge time (a couple of hours or so).

This is my first eReader and I'm so far pretty impressed. The promised Android 8 update, should it arrive, would be icing on the cake.

Still trialling PDF readers with draw-on notetaking ability...

H.
Huey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2019, 10:04 AM   #78
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Install Fonts

How can I install Fonts on Alita?
I want to use them in AlReader.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 09-19-2019 at 10:09 AM.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 02:49 PM   #79
jandersunstar
jandersunstar began at the beginning.

Device: likebook alita
hello, the translation feature does not work on alita. is this a general problem or does it belong to my device? Is there someone with similar problems?
jandersunstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 06:46 PM   #80
Merithyn
Nameless Being

You can install (link bellow) any dictionary you want. The same with the fonts. Or you should be able to. I didn't try it with mine. As far as I can see out of the box you only get system dictionary which is Chinese. Anything else you need to install yourself.

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1B482b...aq6AREXXae.jpg

Btw, yeah ONLINE translation feature doesn't seem to work (says no connection despite being connected to wifi but that could be just because of Chinese servers? Like I needed to connect to my mobile hotspot to get the latest software updates because when connected to my wifi they just fail to download).
Advert
Old 09-20-2019, 07:45 PM   #81
philomanga
philomanga began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue Alita
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandersunstar View Post
hello, the translation feature does not work on alita. is this a general problem or does it belong to my device? Is there someone with similar problems?
I have the same problem.
philomanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 12:48 AM   #82
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For some applications (office) i want rotation to reverse landscape.
I didnt succeed with Rotation Control Pro. Which App can handle this?
And another question: what are the functions of the stylus buttons and how can i use it?
Best regards.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 09-22-2019 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-25-2019, 03:46 PM   #83
Merithyn
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
And another question: what are the functions of the stylus buttons and how can i use it?
Best regards.
From product page:
Quote:
【Middle Button Design】–Press the middle button, you can note on the pdf file opened by Neo reader format right away without extra operations
You can only use it for stress relieve in Boyue reader. I didn't find any other way to use it.
--

I'm not using much of the note taking features. It's just to much of a hassle and PDF-s are really slow on any app I tried even KOreader.

Interestingly it's perfect for big CBZ files (~500MB file). Reading manga with apps like Tachiyomi or KOreader with autocrop feature is fantastic. No need to always convert my manga archives for e-reader anymore. Page turns are also a breeze.

Here you go my crappy phone video but it's the Alita manga on the Alita reader so it should be made.
Old 09-27-2019, 02:41 AM   #84
Reduce_
Member Retired
Reduce_ began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
For some applications (office) i want rotation to reverse landscape.
I didnt succeed with Rotation Control Pro. Which App can handle this?
I'm currently using the Likebook Mimas, Rotation Control (v1.0) works perfectly fine for me. I use it for the same purpose- office/word, which works fairly well in A2 mode with a bluetooth keyboard.
For settings you have to go into the notifications tray and enable the "shield" icon and also the "R phone" icon. (This is the first button and the second to last button). Then, the screen will flip to the correct side.
Reduce_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 03:15 AM   #85
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reduce_ View Post
I'm currently using the Likebook Mimas, Rotation Control (v1.0) works perfectly fine for me. I use it for the same purpose- office/word, which works fairly well in A2 mode with a bluetooth keyboard.
For settings you have to go into the notifications tray and enable the "shield" icon and also the "R phone" icon. (This is the first button and the second to last button). Then, the screen will flip to the correct side.
This doesnt work with Calibre Companion (for me?). Everytime it flips to Portrait and cancels Rotation Control.
So it would be nice to setup Rotation in Android - perhaps in Apps Information window.
Does anyone know the mailing address of Likebook, where I could send this proposal?
Old 10-11-2019, 02:21 PM   #86
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by likebookstore View Post
normally speaking, yes, but i heard not easy is because the system update need use the tool to flash, can not update by OTA. this is boyue told me before. now they are working for it because i saw the demo in mars

but waiting for boyue final information in Sep or Oct.
Do you know, when Android 8.1 will be released for Likebooks?
Old 10-17-2019, 11:43 AM   #87
Hyperduel
Mr. Dork
Hyperduel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis Gen 1 + Gen 3, Fire 10 (2019), Likebook Alita + P78
How's comics on the Alita? Was aiming it more for a ten inch e-reader than using the pen. How's the build quality?
Hyperduel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:40 AM   #88
Merithyn
Nameless Being

Did anyone else notice the problem with Boyue default reader app and epub files? Some words that should be separate are rendered together which is super annoying. I changed the font and layout but nothing helps. The same epubs render fine in KOreader...
Old 10-26-2019, 05:06 PM   #89
claralmx
claralmx began at the beginning.

Device: Kob Aura One
Is there any way to get Plato to function on the Alita?
claralmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 04:49 AM   #90
Ricdelanoche
Ricdelanoche began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello evryone, I'm looking for an android 10,3 " eareder, in order to connect a bluetooth keyboard and use OneNote.

So I have found the Likebook Mimas , and the Likebook Alita, but I saw there are a lot of software problems so what do you think ?

Should I buy a Boyue earear in order to use OneNote, word ...

And which one ?

Thank you
Ricdelanoche is offline   Reply With Quote