Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-16-2015, 12:12 PM   #76
myki
Zealot
myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myki can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kinde PW v1, Kobo H2O, Onyx Boox T68
oh I see, I was convinced that you were the author of the on demand version...
Sorry...
I think I should install the original...
Thanks for your help
myki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 07:14 PM   #77
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Hi,

I have a kobo aura H2O and a new kobo GloHD. The AutoShelf works well in the aura H20, but does not work in GloHD. Neither the current version, neither the previous version.

When the ereader is connected, I tap on the screen, but the autoshelf icon does not appear.
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2015, 08:29 PM   #78
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Can you with certainty rule out the possibility that it wasn't installed correctly?

The only thing that comes to mind is that the udev rule for some reason won't trigger on a Glo HD, if it uses different usb driver... Unfortunately I don't have a Glo HD to test with.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 03:55 AM   #79
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
I performed the installation simultaneously on both readers with the same steps. In aura h2o works fine and in gloHD not works.

Nor works me the uninstall methods.
Maybe I do something wrong?

Another subject...

You know the scripts to create collections of http://soranoji.air-nifty.com/blog/kobo/index.html blog? Once installed, they work very easily, but I like more the result of your application.

You may want to for new ideas.

http://soranoji.air-nifty.com/blog/2...kobo-faaf.html
http://soranoji.air-nifty.com/blog/2...-cfw-ba31.html
http://soranoji.air-nifty.com/blog/2...fw-calibr.html
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboLauncher_for_db_scripts_v0.2.zip (11.52 MB, 292 views)
File Type: zip KoboLauncher_for_db_scripts.zip (11.51 MB, 293 views)
File Type: zip KoboLauncher_cfw_script_plus.zip (6.7 KB, 277 views)
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 05:17 AM   #80
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you tried installing it a second time? (If you have an autoshelf config file that still says uninstall=1 get rid of that first). I didn't know about that other mod, but I don't use Kobo Launcher either.

Last edited by frostschutz; 11-17-2015 at 05:21 AM.
Advert
Old 08-28-2016, 09:32 AM   #81
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
Does it works fine with the latest firmware? As I understand it, files will stay in folders as they have been put on the internal storage, and won't be deplaced / renamed as Kobo firmware usually does, is that right?

Thank you very much
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:49 AM   #82
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by datanoise View Post
Does it works fine with the latest firmware?
Yes, it should.
Quote:
As I understand it, files will stay in folders as they have been put on the internal storage, and won't be deplaced / renamed as Kobo firmware usually does, is that right?
Wow, that is so wrong. The Kobo firmware doesn't change sideloaded book files on the device in any way unless you choose to delete a book. When you sideload a book, you decide on it's location. When the device is disconnected, the firmware processes any changes it sees into the internal database. Books no longer there are removed from the database. New books are are added to the database. Books that have changed are removed from the database and then processed as new. The database contains metadata from the books, not the actual books.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 02:14 PM   #83
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Wow, that is so wrong.
Thank you very much. I'm a new user and thought that nickel was actually moving the files while the way they are on the root file system comes from the way calibre did upload files when I tried calibre!
Old 08-28-2016, 02:32 PM   #84
frostschutz
Linux User

It works fine for me, if it doesn't for you please report back.

You have to be a bit careful with the configuration file, it might not like Microsoft notepad edits; use a programmers editor like notepad++, ultraedit or whatever.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:05 PM   #85
datanoise
Groupie

Thanks for your answer. No problems for config files, I'm a linux guy myself.

AutoShelf works great, thank you very much for this great addon!

My only problem is with the skip option in the config file.

if I keep the original line (skip=/mnt/onboard/.kobo) it works, but if I add another path (skip=/mnt/onboard/.kobo:/mnt/onboard/kbmenupngs) for example, it doesn't work.

What I had to do to get desired behavior was to use the "path=" method to specify folders where I had my ebooks rather than indexing everything minus skipped directories.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:46 PM   #86
frostschutz
Linux User

Quote:
Originally Posted by datanoise View Post
My only problem is with the skip option in the config file.
Oh, there is a typo in the script I will fix this.

Edit: Updated. If you could test if the skip feature works now for you, that would be great.

Last edited by frostschutz; 08-28-2016 at 04:54 PM.
Old 08-29-2016, 03:12 AM   #87
datanoise
Groupie

Doesn't appears to work right: if I add /mnt/onboard as "path=" and what I want skipped as "skip=" it doesn't index anything, while it should as folders with my ebooks aren't in the "skip=" line.

I have no time today to experiment with that and see what's wrong, it could be my config file. I'll check later on and will get back to you.

Just curious, where do come the sqlite3 & pngshow binary in your package? Doesn't nickel include such utilities already? (New to kobo world, sorry if my question seems dumb).
Old 08-29-2016, 03:33 AM   #88
frostschutz
Linux User

Odd, it seems to work for me now... do you have any special characters in your paths? There could be filename encoding problems with FAT32, your PC might see characters differently than the Kobo itself does.

There is no sqlite3 executable in the Kobo firmware, only the library which is linked to nickel but that's not useful in a shell script.

As for the pngshow, you can find it in my github.

While it's possible to display [raw] images using pickel, this program also rotates the screen which subsequently breaks nickel.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:25 PM   #89
datanoise
Groupie

Finaly been able to do some testing and it worked well, so seems like it's OK.

Thanks for clarification on other points!
Old 09-02-2016, 07:06 AM   #90
frostschutz
Linux User

This mod also does not work anymore for 4.x firmware, I'm still investigating as to why.