Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-12-2008, 08:05 PM   #76
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
that my friend, depends on what you are wearing ..................
Are you flirting with me, Geoff? Well, for starters, I'm not wearing any underpants.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:13 PM   #77
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I'd take you up, and start flirting with you .... except THAT AVATAR totally grosses me out. So, nothing doing.

The spa still sounds inviting, but I'm not gonna flirt to get there. Nuh-uh.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2008, 08:18 PM   #78
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I'd take you up, and start flirting with you .... except THAT AVATAR totally grosses me out. So, nothing doing.
Just picture the actor under all that makeup. That's what I do (though they have a different name for "flirting" when you do it with yourself).

Quote:
The spa still sounds inviting, but I'm not gonna flirt to get there. Nuh-uh.
...we can sing and dance though, yeah? I bought the floating rainbow spa disco light and all.

Cheers,
Marc ("DANCING QUEEEEEN....")
Old 08-12-2008, 08:32 PM   #79
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh yeah -- we can dance the night away!

How about "Killer Queen" ..... Freddy Mercury was cuuuuuute too.
I just now read (on the web, of course) that his birth name was Farrokh Bulsara . Wow! Never knew that.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:54 PM   #80
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
i am mortified that you two upstanding persons could even think so low....
Limbo champ in high school. How low can you go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Maybe it was a bonsai. BONSAI!

Cheers,
Marc
I remember that film, Buckaroo Bonsi
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2008, 09:54 PM   #81
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

I just now read (on the web, of course) that his birth name was Farrokh Bulsara . Wow! Never knew that.
There's an excellent documentary on the man (Freddie Mercury - The Untold Story). He's even more fascinating than you'd expect, and it makes you realise what a great loss his death was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Limbo champ in high school. How low can you go?

I remember that film, Buckaroo Bonsi
See, when everyone else is scratching their heads, I can always count on the Good Professor Wood - he "gets" me. Scared yet, Good Professor Wood?

Cheers,
Marc ("...DYNAMITE WITH A LASER BEAM...")
Old 08-12-2008, 10:04 PM   #82
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:

Lord, please don't let me offend anyone like I did with Abba, but I think Queen was one of the most outstanding performing bands of the last 40 yrs. Freddie was unbelievably sexy. We have two of his DVD's.....God, he was so into his moves and songs. Is there any more exciting song than "Bohemian Rhapsody?" I"m 60 yrs old and STILL bang my head to that one movement.......... And "Fat Bottom Girls" And the "Bicycle Song" He strutted like cock'o the walk, (its a phrase, people) and yet, according to all reports, was rather shy in real life.
His death was a real loss. 'sigh. rest well, Freddy.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:21 PM   #83
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Lord, please don't let me offend anyone like I did with Abba, but I think Queen was one of the most outstanding performing bands of the last 40 yrs. Freddie was unbelievably sexy. We have two of his DVD's.....God, he was so into his moves and songs. Is there any more exciting song than "Bohemian Rhapsody?"
That depends on whether you like a little rock with your bombast.

Personally, I liked earlier Queen, back when it was a power trio backing Freddie, and the album notes said "Nobody played synthesizer". Given Brian May's guitar pyrotechnics, nobody had to. (And note that Brian May is now Dr. Brian May, having finally completed his PhD thesis in Astrophysics and had it accepted. He took a little haitus from his studies to play guitar in this glam band...)

"Bohemian Rhapsody" was a bit too over the top for me. But then, I felt the same way about much of Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, and much preferred Keith Emerson's previous band, The Nice.

Quote:
I"m 60 yrs old and STILL bang my head to that one movement.......... And "Fat Bottom Girls" And the "Bicycle Song" He strutted like cock'o the walk, (its a phrase, people) and yet, according to all reports, was rather shy in real life.
He was also a practicing Zoroastrian.

Quote:
His death was a real loss. 'sigh. rest well, Freddy.
I know people much younger than 60 who mourn Freddie's passing.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:25 AM   #84
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post

I know people much younger than 60 who mourn Freddie's passing.
______
Dennis
hand raises from the back of the sofa

Geoff
(though i prefer the moody blues)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:15 PM   #85
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
hand raises from the back of the sofa

Geoff
(though i prefer the moody blues)
Depends on the album. Me personal favorite of theirs is "To Our Children's Children's Children", an SF based concept album.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:37 PM   #86
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Some people just never get enough of anything. This is from our friends at TEXsign.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	squirelx.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	15435  
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:38 AM   #87
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Yeah, I've been workin' out, liftin' a few weights lately. Why do you ask?

Full story

Dreamer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Squirrel_coconut.png
Views:	295
Size:	290.7 KB
ID:	15496  
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:05 AM   #88
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
Yeah, I've been workin' out, liftin' a few weights lately. Why do you ask?

Full story

Dreamer
look !! look !! he can GRIP IT BY THE HUSK !!!!

(do you think he's in league with the swallows ????)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:19 PM   #89
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Since I'm not a baseball fan, I think this squirrel is more entertaining than the game.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:06 PM   #90
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
Since I'm not a baseball fan, I think this squirrel is more entertaining than the game.

Dreamer
Awwwww! Thanks for the pointer. That's one cute squirrel

Tags
unutterable silliness