Sony 38 17.35%
Kobo tablet 2 0.91%
Kobo e-ink 66 30.14%
iPad 13 5.94%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2014, 10:11 AM   #76
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I have the DX and PW2, I would choose the PW2 any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I love how light it is and how easy it is to read with the lights off. It is far more portable and much, much easier to use.

If I have a larger document that I want to read on a larger screen, I can read it on my iPad. The weight difference is not all that great.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:25 AM   #77
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Nook HD+ tablet with Moon+ for cbr/cbr/anything in colour. Nook Glow for b&w epub. Sony PRS-505 for misc epubs.
I have a PRS- 505 too. It is good for misc epubs.

My first ereader was a Palm. Still have not found ereader software to match that. Too bad HP had to buy them out a d spoil it.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2014, 12:06 PM   #78
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
I couldn't vote. I read on my Nexus 7.2. Right now I'm using the Mantano app. I use to use a Sony PRS-350 but I can't see going back to an e-ink device. The screen resolution on the Nexus tablet is much better than any e-ink device on the market. It can get washed out in sunlight but since I almost never read outdoors anymore, this isn't a real concern for me.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:09 PM   #79
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
...I hope they always make a basic non lighted version of the e-ink kindle or I can't read anymore. Or at least not as comfortably as I do now....
The good news for folks who don't care for the lit screens is that the light intensity of the Paperwhites can be set so low that, except in a completely darkened room, it's not noticeable.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:30 PM   #80
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
The good news for folks who don't care for the lit screens is that the light intensity of the Paperwhites can be set so low that, except in a completely darkened room, it's not noticeable.
The problem with that is it feels like your reading through a window if the light is too down.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert