Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-08-2011, 03:18 PM   #76
supermighty
Groupie
supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2
I just started reading a large paperback book and it makes me miss my kindle.

I've noticed two things.
  • The paperback book keeps wanting to close on itself. It much easier to hold my kindle with one hand.
  • I find it easier to keep my place with my kindle.
supermighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:53 PM   #77
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I still read both. Almost all of my new books are purchased as ebooks but I reread a lot of books so the paperback copies of my favourite books still get read.

I find that while I love ebooks for fiction, I really still prefer a paper book for reference. The ability to leave a web copywriting book open on two pages while I work on the computer to write copy for my new web sites just seems to work better than looking at it on my 7" tablet.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2011, 12:50 AM   #78
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
If there is an EMP, my physical collection is still there. If peak oil forces energy to be at such a premium that electronic readers are too much of a luxury...
If you're worried about an EMP, just keep your ereader in a Faraday cage when not in use. A tin foil cover will do. There are several solar power and hand crank powered chargers available, so you don't need to rely on the grid if you don't want to.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote