dobbyone
dobbyone began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, HTC Tytn II, DR1000S
I received mine today (ordered 23rd).
dobbyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:49 PM   #77
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Mine should be here tomorrow morning after I leave for a weekend trip! Oh well, it will be waiting for me on Sunday.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2008, 11:03 AM   #78
smp_iliad
Connoisseur
smp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-books

Device: KindleDX, iPhone3Gs
Anyone hear anything from ereaderoutfitters? I've placed my order Oct 9th, and still heard nothing from them (I do know the notice on their web page). IRex is indeed a surprising company...this level of frustration and unfaithfulness, I've never seen yet..I hate to see notice like "please be patient".
smp_iliad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:09 AM   #79
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Jeff (at ereaderoutfitters) has been pretty good at posting updates on his site. Whatever is there is probably up to date.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:21 AM   #80
flyingtablet
flyingtablet began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Jeff (at ereaderoutfitters) has been pretty good at posting updates on his site.WHatever is there is probably up to date.
The funny thing is Jeff does not give a rough estimate when the next
batch will arrive.

He could have asked Irex for a more definite answer.
Based on daily production and current order status, Irex should
be able to give this answer, unless their PM totally messed up.

All I can say is Irex is beyond imaginable.
flyingtablet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2008, 11:26 AM   #81
smp_iliad
Connoisseur
smp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-books

Device: KindleDX, iPhone3Gs
I just got an email from Jeff saying that rought estimate is late next week or later. He says IRex would announce something next week, but no specific details about what it is. I'm desperately waiting for PlasticLogic into this market.
smp_iliad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:21 AM   #82
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
Backorder

My order on ereaderoutfitters, that I ordered on the 9th of October, went from payment complete to backordered!

davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 07:50 AM   #83
Krishirex
Krishirex began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR1000S
Hi, I ordered from Libresco on 6 October, no sign of delivery yet. They said in their emailed receipt that delivery can take up to 2 weeks but "usually we do better than that !". Looks like they are out of stock & depending upon Irex to replenish it. Unlikely that it will arrive any time soon which is a shame. Not sure whether to wait longer or to cancel the order. I requested an update from Libresco to help me to make a decision but haven't had any reply. Problem with forums is that usually people with unhappy experiences tend to post which is understandable (I would too if there was significant mismatch between manufacturer's claims & device performance) so there is no way to tell if there are many happy users out there with good battery & other performance from DR1000. I would appreciate advice from experienced users here. Much obliged.
Krishirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:46 AM   #84
Krishirex

Regretfully I have decided to cancel. Not Libresco's fault at all, their comms previously was excellent but they are obviously hamstrung by lack of stock. Probably also not Irex's fault entirely (maybe demand more than expected like iPhone 3G but afaik Apple didn't charge a priori, people just had to wait for stock & paid only when iPhone was in stores to buy) being a small company. I intended to buy 3 after trying the first but unfortunately I can't wait any more. Plus the issues reported here & poor response time from Irex in their forum. The clincher was that if I performed like this in my line of business, I would lose customers in droves (sole trader, innovative work, few other providers but I would still lose work) so I am not prepared to put up with anything less from others. I wish them well but I don't agree with some members who make out that people complaining here are wrong to do so. It is a matter of professional service and attitude, nothing less should be acceptable and while mistakes (omission/commission) do happen, the best way to establish a loyal customer base is to say a few words to explain the delay, the bugs, the issues. I am sure that would serve to calm many aggrieved customers. In my line of work I would get sued if customers were dissatisfied. I intend now to go for a tablet pc or umpc (Fujitsu 2010 is reported to have 9-11 hours battery life !), although they may be a lot more expensive & heavy (1.5-1.6kg), at least they are ready to buy, I can live with LED backlit screen, I will just buy the one instead of 3 DRs. Pity about Irex, it does look like a great product, perhaps e-ink technology is just beginning to fly & Plastic Logic may or may not come out with a great product. For now, I will stick with a good tablet pc. Wish you all well and hope that Irex's DR line gets better & makes big waves in the future. It is not for ME yet !
Old 10-18-2008, 12:15 PM   #85
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishirex View Post
I intended to buy 3 after trying the first but unfortunately I can't wait any more.
I'm curious... what's your alternative? You must have a need for the 4 devices? Generally when people say they can't wait anymore they go elsewhere. In this case there is no elsewhere to go. The only other possible options, Hanlin V9 or Plastic Logic reader are not projected to be out until Summer 09 so you will be "waiting more" for either of those.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:17 PM   #86
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
He is going with a laptop/tablet convertible, BOb.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:19 PM   #87
sarikan
Zealot
sarikan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hmm, does anyone have an idea of current stock of DR1000S at the moment? The first set of users who placed their orders are still receiving, or waiting to receive theirs, so this does not look near future customers like me.
Do you have an idea about the expected waiting time for the orders placed in the next two weeks?

Kind regards
Seref Arikan
sarikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:19 PM   #88
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
He is going with a laptop/tablet convertible, BOb.
I don't know how I missed that... sorry. But, going from 4 devices to 1 is quite a big change.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:43 PM   #89
Krishirex

Hi fellow members, Another update ! Just heard from Libresco (their local MD is excellent) that they have just received stock in UK ! I agree with Pilotbob that going from 4 devices to 1 is a big change. Actually it was 3 (for now), one for me & one each for son (law student) & daughter (medical student) based upon the fact that I spent many years as a student & then trainee being bound to desks or lugging heavy textbooks around. I went from 3 potential DRs to 1 tablet because my sprogs don't wish to lug a heavier tablet pc around but can see the advantages of DR with its much lower weight. If Irex can pull its socks up & fix bugs & sort out battery life, this looks like a great device. The screen size & light weight attracted me to it first but the other goings on put me off. However, I did have qualms about the weight of tablet pcs (I have a Motion tablet 1.7kg which is a bit knackered & I prefer to use it on desk rather than hold it as it does pull my arm off after a while !) but at least they are readily available & battery life is fast catching up (looks like most tablets or umpcs can beat DR's battery life as it stands). I have emailed Libresco that if they can deliver asap I will still stick with DR. Only caveat is if Irex (in its infinite wisdom) decided to use a single 1300mah battery in the DR, will firmware upgrades be enough to increase battery life substantially, when the battery itself is a bit of a wimp from the start !!? In any case, if Libresco can deliver quickly, I will not cancel because its MD's technical knowledge & response time is very good & quick (outstanding in fact). I will probably bite the bullet & get 1 first, try it out & buy the others later. At least it is good news from Libresco that DRs are in stock in UK. As you all have taken the trouble of reading my long winded postings, I will reciprocate by posting a review of the device if it does arrive & I don't cancel. Thanks to you all. Raj
Old 10-20-2008, 02:26 PM   #90
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
New update from Jeff at EreaderOutfitters

Hi David,
I have some encouraging news. There will be an announcement from iRex tomorrow indicating why they are late and when they will deliver.

Regards,
Jeff

I hope it's good news
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote