Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-21-2008, 08:19 AM   #76
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
huh. did you hear that ? it sounded like screaming and hair-tearing-out, coming from really far away.
Nah, he just loves it when we come up with surprise plot-twists.

Right pshrynk? Right? Why are you looking at me like that pshrynk? What are you going to use the baseball bat for? We can talk about this, can't we? Ok, skip the atlanteans, but aliens and trilobites is ok isnt it? No, not in the FACEEEEEE.... *whack whack whack*
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:31 AM   #77
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
Maybe trilobites were a form of organic armour on the hulls of the alien Atlantean ships?

-MJ
that must be it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Nah, he just loves it when we come up with surprise plot-twists.

Right pshrynk? Right? Why are you looking at me like that pshrynk? What are you going to use the baseball bat for? We can talk about this, can't we? Ok, skip the atlanteans, but aliens and trilobites is ok isnt it? No, not in the FACEEEEEE.... *whack whack whack*
huh. maybe you shouldn't have sprung it on him so soon after the whole squid / electric eel debacle.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2008, 09:23 AM   #78
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Oh wow, now pshrynk just HAVE to get aliens, atlanteans and trilobites into his harv and vera story.... You hear that pshrynk, go fix!
Harv and Vivaldi were cruising at 20,000 feet, on a run to Managua to pick up a crate of sponges.

"Hey, Harv?"

"Yeah, Viv?"

"You remember last week when that Japanese spy guy tried to blow up the Canal?"

"I'm trying to forget it, actually. That bit at the end with the elephants and llamas was just... disturbing."

"Yeah. But you know, I'm wondering why there weren't any aliens, Atlanteans, or trilobites there."

"That would just be weird. What's on the radio?"

"Just Salsa."
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:25 AM   #79
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

nicely done. but you should probably have used a spoiler tag.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:06 AM   #80
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
It is a very good question, Jon. I can only counter with "How can you prove you were not previously dealing with one of the clones?".

Cheers,
Marc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Simple: He had a belly button.
Apologies for backtracking a little, but a) I can't help myself and b) it seems mostly appropriate

Who doesn't have a belly button?
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2008, 10:23 AM   #81
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Of course you do .....

Ummm .... who on EARTH would want to EAT coprolite??? It's that dinosaur poop???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
People who are looking for a little roughage? It doesn;t come any rougher than rocks....
LOL! I was wondering who would get the coprolite reference first! I'm going on a fossil dig tomorrow. Will try to pooper-scooper you something nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
"That would just be weird. What's on the radio?"

"Just Salsa."
"What, are we already out of guacamole? Who ate the guac?", questioned Viv.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:34 AM   #82
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
DixieGal ; An ex-g/f of mine was a rockhound. She got me interested in it. I haven't gone on any digs yet, though I really should when I have the spare dosh. I'm maybe 2 hours from Franklin, NJ.

I like the unusual minerals, and the ones that are all gemmy and shiny

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:37 AM   #83
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
DixieGal ; An ex-g/f of mine was a rockhound. She got me interested in it. I haven't gone on any digs yet, though I really should when I have the spare dosh. I'm maybe 2 hours from Franklin, NJ.

I like the unusual minerals, and the ones that are all gemmy and shiny

-MJ
mjh215 has a long attention spa...oh, look, a shiny!
Old 11-21-2008, 10:38 AM   #84
zelda_pinwheel

i like trilobites.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:39 AM   #85
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
i like trilobites.
Especially the alien, atlantean variety, right?
Old 11-21-2008, 10:40 AM   #86
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Tune in next week when Harv and Viv set traps for the squirrels and catch Marc by mistake.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:41 AM   #87
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Especially the alien, atlantean variety, right?
especially those ones, yes. naturally.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:43 AM   #88
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
i love fossils. some of my favorites are trilobites. they're so steam-punky (which is ironic since they were extinct long before anyone was making any sort of metal alloy or learning how to combine combustion and propulsion in a productively controlled way). i'm intensely frustrated by the fact that i didn't grow up in some place littered with fossiles, so i could have found them while playing in the garden.

Would Upper Creataceous marine fossils do....( I know several good roadcut beds in Central Texas, but they are best searched for in Jan/Feb....)

S-RSE (who is ocassionally referred to as a fossil)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:46 AM   #89
zelda_pinwheel

would they do what ? and what are upper creataceous marine fossils ?
Old 11-21-2008, 10:47 AM   #90
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
LOL! I was wondering who would get the coprolite reference first! I'm going on a fossil dig tomorrow. Will try to pooper-scooper you something nice!

"What, are we already out of guacamole? Who ate the guac?", questioned Viv.

What are you going after? Maybe do some swaps?
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
screaming mad adrian, unutterable silliness