Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-07-2009, 01:24 PM   #76
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red
A one hour show in the US is usually 41-43 minutes actual show time. Now I feel like I am getting ripped off by them not taking my money. This is getting confusing
mklynds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:29 PM   #77
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
We do of course have a wide selection of commercial TV channels (both free and subscription-based) in addition to the BBC channels. I wouldn't want anyone to think that our world is "commercial-free" .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2009, 03:17 PM   #78
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
We do of course have a wide selection of commercial TV channels (both free and subscription-based) in addition to the BBC channels. I wouldn't want anyone to think that our world is "commercial-free" .
Yes, and I hardly ever watch them--I generally only watch BBC channels, and try to record anything on the commercial channels that I am interested in so I can fast forward over the ads.

Also, the license fee funds national radio channels, as well as local radio. I normally listen to BBC Radio 4 every day; this is mainly talk radio (new, current affairs, drama, documentary, comedy) and is another gem.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #79
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
Yes, and I hardly ever watch them--I generally only watch BBC channels, and try to record anything on the commercial channels that I am interested in so I can fast forward over the ads.

Also, the license fee funds national radio channels, as well as local radio. I normally listen to BBC Radio 4 every day; this is mainly talk radio (new, current affairs, drama, documentary, comedy) and is another gem.
OK now I feel guilty because I do listen to Radio 4 in the car and it is a gem
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:17 PM   #80
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
OK now I feel guilty because I do listen to Radio 4 in the car and it is a gem
Except for The Archers, and the Sunday morning schedule.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #81
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Except for The Archers, and the Sunday morning schedule.
I quite like the Archers lol

*wanders off singing dum de dum de dum de dum dum de dum de dum dum
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:24 PM   #82
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Ah, I see. I might have hated it too, if I'd read the books first. I'm going to have to FORCE myself to watch "Secret of Moonacre" (the movie based on Elizabeth Goudge's Little White Horse). I started it,and within ten minutes I was literally screaming at the screen about how wrong they were. (Good thing I was home alone....*grin*). However, if I had come into it without reading the book, I probably would have enjoyed it. It's not a bad movie...it just isn't anything like the book!
I really do have to watch the movie/tv show first before reading the book. I can only think of a few exceptions where I enjoyed the movie and the book about equally and that was The Last Unicorn, the Lord of the Rings, and Silver Bullet,which was based on a short story by Stephen King. I love True Blood and Dexter but I haven't read the books so I have no clue how much they've changed.

I have my own vision for who Richard and Khalan and the TV show isn't even close to matching it.

When I watch Harry Potter I still feel like the actors they picked don't really fit the characters I see in my head.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:45 PM   #83
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Well, I did see the first episode of the new Doctor Who season and it has potential. Well see how the new Doctor is now that he's settled into being himself.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote