Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-02-2011, 03:56 PM   #76
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But where is the cover for your Kindle? Without a cover, you risk damage. That sleeve won't fit with a cover on it. So if you are unable to return that sleeve, consider the money spent a lesson learned.
what on earth are you on about? that sleeve protects the Kindle perfectly well. most of us read naked when at home anyway
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:57 PM   #77
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
what on earth are you on about? that sleeve protects the Kindle perfectly well. most of us read naked when at home anyway
I'm on about the fact that when you are using your reader, there is a chance it could be dropped or something put on top of it. It's more of a risk without a cover. A sleeve only is a waste of money as it does nothing to protect the reader while the reader is out of the sleeve. eink devices can have a nice broken screen more so when dropped naked then in a cover. I'm not saying you can't break the screen when in a cover, but you have less of a risk in a cover.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2011, 04:07 PM   #78
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
that sleeve is obviously exactly what that person wanted. my Kindle is never in a cover at home. whatever floats your boat, and as we have seen, your boat tends to be rather different
Old 01-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #79
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
whatever floats your boat, and as we have seen, your boat tends to be rather different
Totally agree, that dude is attacking my on my wall trying to tell me what books count and what books don't for the "Read 100 in 2011" challenge. Something is definitely off with him.
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:20 PM   #80
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
A cover does not provide much more protection during actual reading than without, unless you read while jogging, are prone to seizures, or you're a robot with one of those buzzsaw hands. In which case you could probably read ebooks without an ereader.

So if you prefer reading uncovered, a sleeve is fine.

Last edited by OtterBooks; 01-02-2011 at 06:24 PM.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2011, 11:00 PM   #81
medievalpacman
medievalpacman began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
any students here? Is the kindle safe inside a backpack with any covers? I want guardian m-edge waterproof for k3 xP
medievalpacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:14 AM   #82
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by medievalpacman View Post
any students here? Is the kindle safe inside a backpack with any covers? I want guardian m-edge waterproof for k3 xP
I've skied and traveled extensively with my Kindle in an Oberon cover
Old 01-03-2011, 04:20 AM   #83
ahmadnz
ahmadnz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
DX Covers

Anyone with thoughts on a good Kindle DX Cover? I'm looking at the original "mark I" DX cover from Amazon, or the new "mark II" one that has the closure strap.

Or would you suggest something else?

I need some sort of "hard" protection rather than just a sleeve - the DX and cover will be placed into a backpack. I live in New Zealand so returns and exchanges are out of the question. I would appreciate any thoughts from DX owners about my options

The only other DX cover that has caught my eye has been the M-Edge one. Any thoughts?
ahmadnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #84
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadnz View Post
Anyone with thoughts on a good Kindle DX Cover? I'm looking at the original "mark I" DX cover from Amazon, or the new "mark II" one that has the closure strap.

Or would you suggest something else?

I need some sort of "hard" protection rather than just a sleeve - the DX and cover will be placed into a backpack. I live in New Zealand so returns and exchanges are out of the question. I would appreciate any thoughts from DX owners about my options

The only other DX cover that has caught my eye has been the M-Edge one. Any thoughts?
they are a bit spendy, but Oberon covers are quite exquisite welcome to the forums!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:19 PM   #85
NoWorthWhile
Connoisseur
NoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3
Hi, new to forums and waiting for my K3 to arrive in Belgium. That gives me time to look for a cover, but I can't seem to settle for any...

My wishes are that the cover would "conceil" the Kindle (don't want anyone from a distance knowing that I have an electronical device in hand) but at the same time, that it is a leather cover and is spectacular.

Any info? (I looked at those Oberon, but I'm more of a minimalist rather than a gothic kind of guy )
NoWorthWhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:08 PM   #86
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWorthWhile View Post
Hi, new to forums and waiting for my K3 to arrive in Belgium. That gives me time to look for a cover, but I can't seem to settle for any...

My wishes are that the cover would "conceil" the Kindle (don't want anyone from a distance knowing that I have an electronical device in hand) but at the same time, that it is a leather cover and is spectacular.

Any info? (I looked at those Oberon, but I'm more of a minimalist rather than a gothic kind of guy )
did you go through all of them? some are fairly minimalist. if they still aren't making your socks go up and down, look at the medge covers
Old 01-03-2011, 07:11 PM   #87
NoWorthWhile
Connoisseur
NoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheeseNoWorthWhile can extract oil from cheese

Yes, I did go through all of the Oberon, and I can't seem to find what you call minimalist. It all seems heavy to me

What are these "medge" covers you're talking about?
Old 01-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #88
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

here's the medge

I think this is fairly minimalist from Oberon
Old 01-03-2011, 10:59 PM   #89
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWorthWhile View Post
Yes, I did go through all of the Oberon, and I can't seem to find what you call minimalist. It all seems heavy to me
When it comes to the fancy covers, I really like the Octovo, which you may find less ornamental. However they haven't yet released their K3 series (allegedly soon), and they're even pricier than Oberon.

I'm kinda waiting, hoping for this one to get updated.
Octovo Brown/Black Weave

this is their most popular:
Octovo Vintage

Last edited by OtterBooks; 01-03-2011 at 11:06 PM.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:39 AM   #90
NoWorthWhile
Connoisseur

Thanks to both of you. I'll take a look.