Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-25-2022, 04:48 AM   #8641
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
The sad part at least for me is the odds are that I will not be "around" for the conclusion of the series. ����

(wondering if we are allowed to read books in the afterlife)
zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 11:31 AM   #8642
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKFFW View Post
I guess if he was a paid employee of his readers, they could demand he "go to work" whether he is in the mood or not. Alas, he is just a person who chooses to write books and offer them for sale and if he doesn't want to, he doesn't have to.
Just a person who chooses to write books? He sat out to make writing a career as main and singular means of financial support. The odds were truly against him, as they are for the majority of writers. He ended up beating the odds a little bit too well, as he could comfortably retire and not write anymore. Oh, sorry guys, I didn't expect to be this successful, no more books, go home, I don't need your money anymore. That is what it feels like.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2022, 11:10 PM   #8643
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Just a person who chooses to write books? He sat out to make writing a career as main and singular means of financial support. The odds were truly against him, as they are for the majority of writers. He ended up beating the odds a little bit too well, as he could comfortably retire and not write anymore. Oh, sorry guys, I didn't expect to be this successful, no more books, go home, I don't need your money anymore. That is what it feels like.
I don't deny he's very successful or that his readership feel he now owes them for making him a success. I'm just pointing out he is more like a self employed business person than a paid employee. He can close his business any time he wants.

And if the reason really is personal issues such a divorce, then I say good on him for taking care of himself and his situation rather than chasing the almighty dollar by spewing out another book.
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 02:40 PM   #8644
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Book Giveaway For Heroic Hearts (The Dresden Files) by Jim Butcher

Book Giveaway For Heroic Hearts

https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/s...-heroic-hearts
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 03:59 PM   #8645
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Some people have that creative urge even if they have all the money in the world and keep cranking out books (see Stephen King). Others just don't. It just depends on their personality and situations (mental/health/personal). Everyone has a different situation. I mean, if you had enough money that you didn't have work ever again, would you really go to the office or punch back in at the widget factory again? I sure as hell wouldn't. I just move on to the next author/series and wait patiently.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2022, 04:28 PM   #8646
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Ace is an ass because they are making the eBook release of Heroic Hearts later then the paperback.

Paperback: April 22, 2022
eBook: May 03, 2022

That said, the price right now at Amazon UK is £9.99 and the price at Kobo UK is £7.69. Kobo, eBooks.com. and Amazon US are all $12.99.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 08:39 AM   #8647
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrilson View Post
Some people have that creative urge even if they have all the money in the world and keep cranking out books (see Stephen King). Others just don't. It just depends on their personality and situations (mental/health/personal). Everyone has a different situation. I mean, if you had enough money that you didn't have work ever again, would you really go to the office or punch back in at the widget factory again? I sure as hell wouldn't. I just move on to the next author/series and wait patiently.
I have been a bench jeweler for 43 years now. I love what I do and would do it even if I was wealthy. I plan on doing for as long as I live and my eyes keep working.
Apache
Apache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 09:22 AM   #8648
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I have been a bench jeweler for 43 years now. I love what I do and would do it even if I was wealthy. I plan on doing for as long as I live and my eyes keep working.
Apache
That does sound like an amazing job, at least to me.
Old 06-13-2022, 07:59 PM   #8649
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Heroic Hearts

Anyone read any of the short stories in Heroic Hearts? I've read the first story, (it's by Jim Butcher) so far (it's about Toot Toot).
Old 06-15-2022, 08:20 PM   #8650
kyrilson
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Anyone read any of the short stories in Heroic Hearts? I've read the first story, (it's by Jim Butcher) so far (it's about Toot Toot).

Yes, I’ve read the first couple. I liked them both. I haven’t gotten around to the others yet, I tend to read short story collections slowly, picking up a story here and there in between novels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2022, 09:48 AM   #8651
RandyR
RandyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RandyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RandyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RandyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RandyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RandyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RandyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RandyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RandyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RandyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RandyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
The last one by Patricia Briggs is my favorite and now I'm on book 2 of her Mercy Thompson series.
RandyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 01:51 PM   #8652
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What is Butcher working on now?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 06:44 PM   #8653
kyrilson
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyR View Post
The last one by Patricia Briggs is my favorite and now I'm on book 2 of her Mercy Thompson series.

The Mercy Thompson series is excellent.
Old 06-18-2022, 09:02 PM   #8654
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What is Butcher working on now?
The last thing I heard was supposedly a sequel to Cinder Spires.
Apache
Apache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 05:15 PM   #8655
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cover art for The Law by Chris McGrath

The Law will be out on Audible July 5th! The story will also be released in ebook format. More announcements to come later this week!

The post Cover art for The Law revealed! first appeared on Jim-Butcher.com

https://www.jim-butcher.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The-Law-Dresden-Files.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	306.1 KB
ID:	194456  

Last edited by alansplace; 06-20-2022 at 07:23 PM.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy