Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-03-2016, 03:08 PM   #826
McGonigle
Connoisseur
McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad 2018,
New update for T68 2016-12-02
McGonigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 04:18 AM   #827
Brandobras
Zealot
Brandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it is

Device: Onyx T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGonigle View Post
New update for T68 2016-12-02
installing..
Brandobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2016, 08:47 PM   #828
Rosa_WM
Enthusiast
Rosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle PW2, Onyx Boox M96
So I tried the 2016-12-02 1.8.0 update (from ereader-store.de) on my M96.

From what I see, there are actually 2 Neoreaders now.

NeoReader 2.0 is really fast with pdfs. It opens bulky scans much faster than any previous version of the app. It doesn't open epubs anymore, and doesn't see any old annotations, bookmarks, highlights :/

It's still possible to open your pdfs in the old Neoreader and all the notes and bookmarks are still there!

The dictionary app is new as well. Works fine most of the time, but sadly it doesn't support IPA symbols for pronunciation. The previous dict apps had no problems with them, so I hope this gets updated soon.

There's also a new button for clearing app memory (RAM). Seems useful.
Rosa_WM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 02:39 AM   #829
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosa_WM View Post
So I tried the 2016-12-02 1.8.0 update (from ereader-store.de) on my M96.

From what I see, there are actually 2 Neoreaders now.

NeoReader 2.0 is really fast with pdfs. It opens bulky scans much faster than any previous version of the app. It doesn't open epubs anymore, and doesn't see any old annotations, bookmarks, highlights :/

It's still possible to open your pdfs in the old Neoreader and all the notes and bookmarks are still there!

The dictionary app is new as well. Works fine most of the time, but sadly it doesn't support IPA symbols for pronunciation. The previous dict apps had no problems with them, so I hope this gets updated soon.

There's also a new button for clearing app memory (RAM). Seems useful.

I installed the firmware update from the chinese site. I have an neoreader (22533) and an Oreader. The Neoreader can open the epub. I have not the old neoreader and I have not the old Onyx reader. There is a new note application that seems better that the old one, but it do not export notes anymore...
There is an option to disable the "contrast enhance", but it does not work...

I wonder if the ereader-store.de firmware could be different form the chinese one...

f.
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 07:04 AM   #830
notger
Enthusiast
notger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavensnotger is a rising star in the heavens

Device: onyx m96
Does the new Version still just offer 512 MB internal memory ?

cause thats what really left me using the experimental buggy 4.4 Version wich does not seem to get further realeased or developed.

greets

Notger
notger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2016, 12:35 PM   #831
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrzvnrnd View Post
I wonder if the ereader-store.de firmware could be different form the chinese one...

f.
I wish to know that also.
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 01:40 PM   #832
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
I wish to know that also.
I installed the .de one. The serial number is different, but all the problems are still there... sigh.

Fabrizio
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 05:58 PM   #833
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
I used to root my T68+ with towelroot v1, but that doesn't seem to work anymore on the new firmware. Has anyone been able to root with another method?
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 03:23 PM   #834
roustabout
roustabout began at the beginning.

Device: nook ST, onyx t68
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzli View Post
I used to root my T68+ with towelroot v1, but that doesn't seem to work anymore on the new firmware. Has anyone been able to root with another method?
Cydia Impactor works. You need a computer and functional ADB to use it, but the no computer needed tools I've tried which I trust (towelroot, framaroot) did not work.

I no longer go near Kingo Root. If you root with KR, you're forced to use their superuser application to manage su access. I bricked a firetv trying to get kingo root off of it once I saw that KR was causing issues.

That was a fairly expensive lesson learned.
roustabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:26 PM   #835
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
Thanks a lot, will have a look at it (hope it works on Linux)
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 04:05 AM   #836
kimush
kimush began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrzvnrnd View Post
I installed the firmware update from the chinese site. I have an neoreader (22533) and an Oreader. The Neoreader can open the epub. I have not the old neoreader and I have not the old Onyx reader. There is a new note application that seems better that the old one, but it do not export notes anymore...
There is an option to disable the "contrast enhance", but it does not work...

f.
1.8.0 update from chinese site, just hold your pen on the document
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161210_095255.jpg
Views:	438
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	153478  
kimush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 04:53 AM   #837
Alf77
Enthusiast
Alf77 began at the beginning.

Device: M92 & M96
Dear franzli, cydia works on linux. Used some times ago to root M96.

Alf
Alf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 04:54 AM   #838
Rosa_WM
Enthusiast
Rosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle PW2, Onyx Boox M96
Exactly. Neo Reader v2.0 is the faster one, Onyx Neo Reader is the old one which opens epubs. The oldest Onyx Reader was already deleted in some older firmware update.
Rosa_WM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 07:59 AM   #839
gumalcan
Enthusiast
gumalcan began at the beginning.

Device: M92, T68ML
do i understand correctly? With the new update is no longer to export notes??? Is not possible to keep the old neoreader?
gumalcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 07:16 AM   #840
kimush
kimush began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumalcan View Post
do i understand correctly? With the new update is no longer to export notes??? Is not possible to keep the old neoreader?
yes there are both of them the new and the old one
kimush is offline   Reply With Quote