Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-19-2016, 02:29 PM   #811
Rosa_WM
Enthusiast
Rosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle PW2, Onyx Boox M96
Ok, I found an annoying bug in 1.7.5. The in-built dictionary app stopped working properly. As long as I look up words by underlying them in Neoreader the definitions pop-up fine, but whenever I try to open the app outside neoreader, the dictionary app crashes. Apart from that some of the star-dict dictionaries I've been using earlier don't work anymore. I have no idea what's going on
Rosa_WM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 02:41 AM   #812
JNT
Connoisseur
JNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic something

Device: KT / K4NT / T62D / T68
T68 or T68ML (on ereader-store.de)

My T68 is on 175rc1 and I have experienced the odd sudden battery discharge, so I'd like to update and see if it is fixed. I saw that 175 was released on 2016-10-17 (http://ereader-store.de/en/content/8-downloads).

Unfortunately my T68 does not recognize this as a valid update file. I opened it in 7zip and in "android-info.txt" it says "board=T68ML"
Previous updates from this site said "board=T68"

So, the question is: what really is the difference between the T68 and T68ML?

(I bought mine in 2015 while visiting China and on the box it says T68ML, but on the device it says T68, so I've always been puzzled about this...)
JNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2016, 02:58 PM   #813
Rosa_WM
Enthusiast
Rosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enough

The onyx international site seems to have updates for both versions of the T68:
http://www.onyx-international.com/in...pport/firmware

To tell the truth, I don't know what's the difference.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:42 AM   #814
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
The last M96 firmware (September) removes Onyx Reader (the application). Ouch.
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 12:24 PM   #815
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Wow, the most recent firmware for the T68 actually managed to make the software worse, which I didn't think was possible. They completely overhauled the look of the software but didn't manage to fix the fact that you have to select the regular/bold/italic versions of a font separately, which means that the device effective has no font selection.

But, to make matters even worse, there's now no "default" selection, so that once you try to select a font, you now can't go back to the one option that actually works, and you're stuck.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2016, 09:55 AM   #816
gumalcan
Enthusiast
gumalcan began at the beginning.

Device: M92, T68ML
why Waldemar doesn't put the recent update at the beginning of the thread, like always?
gumalcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 07:12 AM   #817
kimush
kimush began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Question

i got my hands on a device icarus excel (e1051bk, which is a rebranded M96) ,but it has old firmware 4.0.4 or 1.65

Can someone tell(help) me if i can update with M96 firmware
kimush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 05:11 PM   #818
kra28
kra28 began at the beginning.

Device: M96
Hi,
there is a new update 1.8 for M96 and M96 Plus here:
http://bbs.onyx-international.com.cn...24283-1-1.html

The list of changes is long. You can download it using JDownloader.

I have no troubles with it now, but I have installed it before one hour.

Regards,

Michal
kra28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 07:20 AM   #819
Rosa_WM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info! Let's see...

1. Add a new version of Neo Reader 2.0.

1.1 support pdf \ djvu \ cbr \ cbz \ png \ jpg format, such documents by default neo reader2.0 open; other formats (Epub \ txt \ mobi, etc.) to open the default Oreader;
1.2 Optimization PDF (including double-layer PDF) Open, flip speed, ordinary PDF open within 2 seconds, large-scale scanning or double PDF (50M or less) 3-5 seconds (speed and document content size);
1.3 increase fast page preview, you can jump page or drag the page number, a quick preview page thumbnail;
1.4 increase handwritten annotated index, in the directory - handwritten comment list page view, export (png format);
1.5 optimized scan reordering speed and pre-rendering speed, simplify the rearrangement options, 3 seconds to complete the rearrangement (speed and document content size related);
1.6 optimize the browsing mode custom trimming and sub-set settings;
1.7 to increase the PDF merge export, you can choose to merge highlight, annotations, handwriting and other merged with the source document as a new PDF document export;
1.8 increase the hidden annotation function, you can switch to hide or show comments \ handwriting;
1.9 does not support PDF electronic version of the text re-sorting, you need this feature, please press the document cover select the open method for the old Neo Reader;
1.10 Neo Reader2.0 is not included in the stack to support the reading record;
1.11 do not synchronize the reading data of the old Neo Reader. If you want to continue reading the progress, notes and other personal data, you can manually open the Neo Reader.

@kra28 can you please verify these points? Does it mean that Neoreader doesn't open epubs anymore? Did the update delete your old annotations? Are there now two versions of Neoreader?

I'd download it but I'm a little afraid about my notes and bookmarks...
Old 11-23-2016, 10:56 AM   #820
kra28

M96, Update 1.8

I am posting a quick, and I hope, precise answer:

- I am sending a screenshot of the apps update application with the list of applications.
- It seems that the old version of Neoreader is not included and I do not know if it is possible to install it.
- It seems that old annotations have been deleted or they are not supported in Neoreader2.
- It seems that OReader supports epubs, but I did not try it.

M
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m96_18apps.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	153187  
Old 11-23-2016, 02:19 PM   #821
johh
johh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverjohh exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: I86HD ML Plus , T68
Is it still Android 4.0 with 512 mb for system?

Wysłane z mojego LG-H736 przy użyciu Tapatalka
johh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 05:33 PM   #822
kra28

Quote:
Originally Posted by johh View Post
Is it still Android 4.0 with 512 mb for system?

Wysłane z mojego LG-H736 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Android 4.0.4
Old 11-23-2016, 06:29 PM   #823
Rosa_WM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kra28 View Post
I am posting a quick, and I hope, precise answer:

- I am sending a screenshot of the apps update application with the list of applications.
- It seems that the old version of Neoreader is not included and I do not know if it is possible to install it.
- It seems that old annotations have been deleted or they are not supported in Neoreader2.
- It seems that OReader supports epubs, but I did not try it.

M
Thanks! It's a shame about the annotations. I'll have a lot of exporting to do...
Old 11-24-2016, 04:12 PM   #824
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
I installed: the "notes" app has more option but... it is not more allowed to export notes.
There is a new option to disable the "contraste enhance" in android apps... but it does not work.
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 06:29 PM   #825
ali_almubairik
ali_almubairik began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox M96
Hi

I'm using M96 and I want yo update it, I never update it since I bought it 2 years ago.

The current version is 1.6.2
Model number M96Universe

What is the best firmware ? What is the steps to do the update ?

Thanks,
Ali
ali_almubairik is offline   Reply With Quote