Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #796
John Barlow
John Barlow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Barlow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Barlow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Barlow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Barlow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Barlow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Barlow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Barlow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Barlow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Barlow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Barlow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony
At the moment I'm working on a thriller. It's a ghost writing project, and is about secret societies and tax havens. The best thing? I got to go to Nassau a while back for research. The only research trip I did for my own writing recently was a trip to Leeds!
JohnB
John Barlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #797
sphinxkarado
sphinxkarado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sphinxkarado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sphinxkarado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sphinxkarado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sphinxkarado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sphinxkarado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sphinxkarado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sphinxkarado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sphinxkarado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sphinxkarado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sphinxkarado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I just finished a short-film autobiographical story. Now in the painful process of raising funds, producing and directing. In between, after reading the Twilight series, I'm going back to a half written, second novel, and working it in from the first person view. I was startled how approaching it from first person illuminated all the characters. Helps to take a break and read other authors.
sphinxkarado is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2012, 05:07 PM   #798
sbroome
Youngsta
sbroome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sbroome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sbroome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sbroome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sbroome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sbroome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sbroome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sbroome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sbroome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sbroome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sbroome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Writing ads and copy for pitches to publishers. Man this part is exhausting/boring.
sbroome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:03 AM   #799
AuthorGuy
AuthorGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuthorGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuthorGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuthorGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuthorGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuthorGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuthorGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuthorGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuthorGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuthorGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AuthorGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY EReader PRS300
I just finished a couple of short fanfictions about the TV show Chuck. Currently in the middle of my fourth novel, about a man who kills ghosts for a living, but I have to work on a short story that's due next month for an anthology.
AuthorGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:00 PM   #800
tonymcfadden
Writer guy
tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Thriller - Daly Battles

I'm in the final plotting stages of a follow up to one of my earlier books. It's an international thriller, one of those Harrison Ford type stories where an everyman finds himself in the middle of a mess he didn't make, but the world is relying on him to sort things out.

(The main character's name is Matt Daly, by the way, so "Daly Battles" isn't a typo.)

The hardest part about writing these (I've written a few) is getting the main character in a situation without making it seem forced. There's no way in real life these characters would get in this mess, so an organic, somewhat plausible scenario is required so the reader isn't pulled out of the story saying 'Seriously? Nah.'

And that's the reason I write. It's a giant puzzle, which if executed well, transports the reader to a world they'd never see in real life.
tonymcfadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2012, 01:54 AM   #801
garam81
garam81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garam81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garam81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garam81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garam81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garam81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garam81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garam81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garam81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garam81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garam81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for PC
Hi folks,

Not been on here in quite a while. Been busy writing.

Currently, I'm working on a series of of short stories about a woman who goes adventuring in a shrinkable, time-travelling spaceship along with a teenage science fiction fan who she tries to get rid of at every opportunity. It's for people who like their science fiction light and with a dash of humour.

I'd post a link to where you can get Part One but I'm not sure it's allowed on this thread.
garam81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:10 AM   #802
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Yes, this would be the wrong thread for self-promotion, but you could always create a signature with links to your books. Many authors here do.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #803
sherryk_us
writer/reader
sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs 950, Sony prs 505 and REB 1200
I've started a podcast on itunes--an audiobook of me reading my latest novel "Unethical Magic." I'm not a professional reader, but I certainly understand my material (since I wrote it). My aim is to provide an enjoyable story in audible format. It's fun and free.
sherryk_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:14 AM   #804
Jim Chaseley
Enthusiast
Jim Chaseley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chaseley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chaseley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chaseley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chaseley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chaseley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chaseley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chaseley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chaseley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chaseley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chaseley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android
I'm halfway through a humorous, historical fiction novel with a loose setting during the 100 years war between England and France.

There is absolutely zero market for such a thing, but I'm having fun writing it!

I don't have extensive knowledge of the period though, so it's probably going to morph into "light" fantasy, instead. (Still no target market, though, hah!)
Jim Chaseley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:33 AM   #805
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX
I am writing a sequel to a YA fantasy for which I never intended to write more than one book and now I'm realizing there will need to be a third book. World-building is such a trap!
ASparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #806
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Am writing a submission for a charity anthology with the theme of "Three Billy Goats Gruff".

I hope the editors are favorably inclined toward Gruff space opera involving xenoarchaeologists and traversible wormholes.
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:36 PM   #807
BrentKnowles
Author
BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BrentKnowles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I'm rewriting a novel, doing rough draft for a couple short stories and moving to a new house.
BrentKnowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:47 PM   #808
altworld
Evangelist
altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android G1
The last draft for the second part of A Teddy Bear Tale, hurting my head because the style of story there is no dialog and what I would give for some exposition dialog right now...
altworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:07 AM   #809
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
I just finished the first draft of Senta and the Steel Dragon Book 4: The Young Sorceress. It needs quite a bit of revision, but it feels sooooo good to finish the draft.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #810
Herbie Jackson
Herbie Jackson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Herbie Jackson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Herbie Jackson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Herbie Jackson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Herbie Jackson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Herbie Jackson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Herbie Jackson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Herbie Jackson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Herbie Jackson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Herbie Jackson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Herbie Jackson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle PC
I am writing a fictional story about a hapless hero covering 22 years of this persons life. I have only done a few pages that have been interrupted by my own life's mishaps but hope to resume in the next month.
I also have a serious poetry book in mind, all the poems are ready to be put together but I may do some rearranging and create a poetry book aimed at a specific audience.
Hope to have both out by the end of the year.
Herbie Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote