Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-14-2023, 02:33 PM   #796
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Based on something I actually tried:

Set Generate Cover > Contents > Metadata (Not Saved) fields to either accept literal input or templates, like the custom text field. I can just paste in the subtitle template when needed.

More thoughts, but just for convenience:

Have 'Save' and 'Load' buttons. Save would save the values (presumably templates) to the config (or cover template perhaps). 'Load' would load them in. Continue to auto-fill, but 'load' could be used to override when needed.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-14-2023 at 04:41 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 06:35 PM   #797
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Hmmm, definitely a better suggestion. Not a fan of the load/save buttons idea but supoorting templates in those metadata fields I like. One alternative is to just make an assumption that if the user puts a template into a metadata field (starting with a {) then that becomes data that can be saved with the other cover configuration. They don’t “have” to save it (will just get nagged about unsaved changes like with other config changes) but they could.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2023, 05:36 PM   #798
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Probably add a tooltip describing this behaviour, too, just to avoid surprising people. (Except the people who ignore tooltips... something that I've been known to do...)
Old 05-01-2023, 02:42 AM   #799
Nomad_00
Nomad_00 began at the beginning.

Device: too many to list
AI generated cover art as an option?

dont have to do this of course, but I think it would be pretty neat if there were an option to generate cover art through AI instead of using your own images. Nothing powerful but enough so each is different you know? Would this be possible/easy to implicate?
Nomad_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 04:12 PM   #800
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

please, no
Advert
Old 05-01-2023, 05:48 PM   #801
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
please, no
Agreed
If you want an AI image... fine. Make one externally, then place it (a standard named copy in the proper place.

The plugin uses images stored in the config folder:
C:\Users\theducks\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\ generate_cover

Simply define a cover using a file there (eg AIimage.jpg)

And replace that image-file with the new one, having the same name.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 03:19 AM   #802
FandomWitch
FandomWitch began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is it possible to have the paragraphs, italics, and bold stay when generating? I use the custom content for summaries, which often contain paragraphs/new lines, italics, and bold. I would love to be able to keep that if possible, even just the paragraphs.

Also, is there a way to center the custom content vertically, not just horizontally? So the text is completely centered?

If neither of these are possible that's fine. I will work with what I can on the majority of the covers and customize my top favorites outside of calibre.
FandomWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 03:16 PM   #803
Anyssia
Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.Anyssia has met Morla.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Resizing cover automatically created from metadata

Hi!

I'm having some trouble resizing automated covers from Generate Cover (I haven't used it to create my own setting, just the plugin's original settings, as far as I can remember), please.

When I add an epub file from AO3 to Calibre, it automatically creates a cover using the metadata info, which is great.

However, I find the size of the book details preview too small. I'd like to increase the font size or %. But I've tried poking at the settings and cannot seem to find where to go to resize the covers

I've found the image dimension tweaks, and the specific author/title/series field fonts, but how would I change the font/size before the auto-generated cover image from the metadata is created?

I've had the same trouble with the FanficFare plugin, which I got help with and updated the plugin personal.ini when we went from Calibre 5 to 6 and I added the
Code:
titlepage_start:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
 <head>
 <title>${title} by ${author}</title>
 <link href="stylesheet.css" type="text/css" charset="UTF-8" rel="stylesheet"/>
 <!-- meta name="calibre-html-render-data" content='{"size": "A6", "margins": [5, 0, 5, 0]}'/ -->
 </head>
 <body style="font-size: 2.4vmax; margin: 2vmax;">
 <h3><a href="${storyUrl}">${title}</a> by ${authorHTML}</h3>
 <div>
info, which got me the view readable in the book details panel.

I'd like to do something similar straight into Generate Cover, but I can't find where I could input info so the auto-created cover from the metadata would be tweaked.

Thank you!

Last edited by Anyssia; 07-11-2023 at 03:22 PM.
Anyssia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 01:05 PM   #804
chicleeblair
Connoisseur
chicleeblair began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
This is sort of an overall calibre thing, but I’m facing it here. In custom text, if I want to pull one value from a list, eg if I’m trying to get custom text: crossover: fandom 2 or only the first ship…. How?

My fandom look-up is #fandom2 because of I messed up years ago and didn’t fix that.

I tried {#fandom2:subitems( )} with several variations but only got both fandoms or errors. Help?
chicleeblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 11:04 PM   #805
ProbablyNot
ProbablyNot began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Here's an unexpected issue, I'm unhappily using a Dell laptop with a rather extreme landscape shaped screen. and your wonderful plugin's bottom edge is completely hidden-- I can see the faintest edge of the row of buttons. I set the display to portrait to use the 'double arrow' on the bottom edge, but it will not resize vertically. (And this touch pad hates being used sideways, it took me about a century to make the attempt!)
So... one more request, can you make the container vertically resizable? Possibly, letting the buttons move to a column on one side or the other.. but I don't know if that's feasible at all.

I gotta say, it works fantastically well even in the primitive mode I am forced into here, kudos!
ProbablyNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 12:28 AM   #806
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProbablyNot View Post
Here's an unexpected issue, I'm unhappily using a Dell laptop with a rather extreme landscape shaped screen. and your wonderful plugin's bottom edge is completely hidden-- I can see the faintest edge of the row of buttons. I set the display to portrait to use the 'double arrow' on the bottom edge, but it will not resize vertically. (And this touch pad hates being used sideways, it took me about a century to make the attempt!)
So... one more request, can you make the container vertically resizable? Possibly, letting the buttons move to a column on one side or the other.. but I don't know if that's feasible at all.

I gotta say, it works fantastically well even in the primitive mode I am forced into here, kudos!
I find it amusingly surprising when a long-time forum member posts for the first time, lol. Second time I see this, recently!

Just out of curiosity, I've tried to resize vertically the plugin window, and i found it has a 662 pixels minimal height. If I had a 1280 x 720 screen, this would be an issue for me as well, as I have a two-level taskbar with the quick launch toolbar always on: that makes for 60px screen real estate, so... 720 - 60 = 660, and the remaining 2px wouldn't be displayed! (fortunately, i'm on 1920 x 1080)

Last edited by Comfy.n; 08-22-2023 at 03:52 AM.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 06:03 PM   #807
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProbablyNot View Post

Interesting problem, that is a very limiting resolution.

I can't easily relocate the buttons without writing some sort of custom dialog and that isn't going to happen! Ideally we just want Qt to pick a smaller minimum size for controls on whichever tab is currently stopping the height from reducing further currently - if we can find an extra 40 pixels or whatever then that should be enuogh for you to at least have the buttons visible.

I took a superficial quick look but couldn't see any obvious code forcing that restriction for a quick win so will have to take a more detailed look when I get a chance to...
Old 09-01-2023, 04:37 AM   #808
kiwidude

Generate Cover v2.3.3 released

Release Notes
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...e_cover-v2.3.3

This is all about trying to reduce the minimum height of the dialog as mentioned by @ProbablyNot

I shaved about 100px if you resize it on your small screen laptop so hopefully that should be sufficient. Not much more I can do without drastic changes...
Old 09-03-2023, 05:50 AM   #809
skil-phil
Connoisseur
skil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: kindle pw10
Insert blank lines

Sorry if have done not enough searching.
How to insert blank lines between 'author' 'title' etc
skil-phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 10:54 AM   #810
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by skil-phil View Post
Sorry if have done not enough searching.
How to insert blank lines between 'author' 'title' etc
Text Padding on the dimensions tab.
There is no specific setting for Title <> Author. It just adjusts the spacing
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote