Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-02-2024, 02:38 PM   #8026
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
New Humble Bundle with Cory Doctorow books.
Note that all of his earlier ones are available for free under a Creative Commons license.
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/c...or-books-books
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 03:36 PM   #8027
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Under the Whispering Door by TJ Klune is $2 at Amazon, B&N and Kobo US.

I've not yet read the book myself, but know it has been wildly popular.
Even better. At eBooks.com Under the Whispering Door is $1.99. I've read it and it's an excellent read.

https://www.ebooks.com/en-us/book/21...-door/tj-klune

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-02-2024 at 03:38 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2024, 06:51 AM   #8028
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The Grey King (Dark is Rising #4) by Susan Cooper is 85p
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Grey-King-D...dp/B0045JKE5S/

Greenwitch (Dark is Rising #3) is still 85p
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 08:57 AM   #8029
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
The Grey King (Dark is Rising #4) by Susan Cooper is 85p
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Grey-King-D...dp/B0045JKE5S/
85p? When I click through, it's 99p...
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 12:49 PM   #8030
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
85p? When I click through, it's 99p...
Prices for Irish and UK customers are not the same. I also see prices change depending on if logged in or not.

Though 99p is also a big reduction.
Advert
Old 03-03-2024, 02:43 PM   #8031
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Prices for Irish and UK customers are not the same. I also see prices change depending on if logged in or not.

Though 99p is also a big reduction.
Oh yes, I got it from Kobo in the end.

Buying from Amazon these days is a faff - I have to download on an old computer, copy the file to iCloud before loading into Calibre and converting. Far simpler to purchase from Kobo.

Amazon is a last resort if I cannot find it anywhere else (certain small publishers only sell on Amazon as they don't want to manage epub as well as Kindle and the epub sales aren't worth the effort). This is an issue for new releases as I can't download.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 03:01 PM   #8032
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty-horse View Post
New Humble Bundle with Cory Doctorow books.
Note that all of his earlier ones are available for free under a Creative Commons license.
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/c...or-books-books
Thanks for this. Although it brings my 'read minus bought' total for the year back to zero!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 04:31 AM   #8033
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
Amazon is a last resort if I cannot find it anywhere else (certain small publishers only sell on Amazon as they don't want to manage epub as well as Kindle and the epub sales aren't worth the effort). This is an issue for new releases as I can't download.
Also there is KU / KDP Select, which is terrible for limiting retail to one company. The KU exclusive "contract" "mysteriously" doesn't apply to large publishers.
Old 03-04-2024, 04:38 AM   #8034
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you don't want to buy from Amazon and/or you want eBooks in ePub, some Susan Cooper eBooks are available for £0.99 at eBooks.com UK. You can travel to the UK and use PayPal to get these.

The Grey King
Greenwitch
Ghost Hawk
Dawn of Fear

https://www.ebooks.com/en-gb/author/susan-cooper/10331
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 07:14 AM   #8035
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
The KU exclusive "contract" "mysteriously" doesn't apply to large publishers.
There's no "mystery" about it. It's a come-on. I agree that it's a wee bit duplicitous as HP is hardly typical of KU fare, but ultimately it works in favor of the self-pubbed. The carp alone wouldn't be enough to get many people to sign on, without the occasional carrot.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 08:01 AM   #8036
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
And Put Away Childish Things by Adrian Tchaikovsky $1 on the publisher's web store.
Regional restrictions may apply.

Novella. Was on my wishlist. Narnia what-if.
Quote:
All roads lead to Underhill, where it’s always winter, and never nice.

Harry Bodie has a famous grandmother, who wrote beloved children’s books set in the delightful world of Underhill. Harry himself is a failing kids’ TV presenter whose every attempt to advance his career ends in self-sabotage. His family history seems to be nothing but an impediment.

An impediment… or worse. What if Underhill is real? What if it has been waiting decades for a promised child to visit? What if it isn’t delightful at all? And what if its denizens have run out of patience and are taking matters into their own hands?

Last edited by salty-horse; 03-04-2024 at 08:26 AM.
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 08:48 AM   #8037
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you don't want to buy from Amazon and/or you want eBooks in ePub, some Susan Cooper eBooks are available for £0.99 at eBooks.com UK. You can travel to the UK and use PayPal to get these.

The Grey King
Greenwitch
Ghost Hawk
Dawn of Fear

https://www.ebooks.com/en-gb/author/susan-cooper/10331
Similar price on Kobo Ireland.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:10 AM   #8038
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
And Put Away Childish Things by Adrian Tchaikovsky $1 on the publisher's web store.

Interesting. I read one of his books and liked it, though I can't remember the title, nor see it in the (paper) library
For a moment I confused that with a Mike Jeferries series, Loremasters of Elundium, but the 1st in that is "The Road to Underfall", not Underhill.

There is a reverse Narnia, i.e. four fairy kids end up in Belfast. Not generally available.

Not bought off Rebellion Publishing before, but it worked to Ireland with download in final page as mobi or epub. The epub looks OK on Calibre viewer. Used a virtual Revolut card (I'm a cheapskate so never bought the plastic).

Last edited by Quoth; 03-04-2024 at 09:13 AM.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:47 PM   #8039
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:

For some reason this made me think of the idea of writing a story where a greedy and unethical (is there any other kind?) real estate developer discovers Narnia and proceeds to exploit it. Fortunately for everyone's fond memories of reading the Chronicles of Narnia I'll probably forget all about it....

Wait, what the hell am I doing here? Did I write this? Ah fuck it, I'll just submit the reply and pretend I know what I'm doing.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 10:16 PM   #8040
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Even better. At eBooks.com Under the Whispering Door is $1.99. I've read it and it's an excellent read.
That's good to know. I've purchased it and his other popular book, Cerulean something-or-another, but haven't read either yet.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote