Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 01-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #781
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
I have an online series of Christian info entitled Mr. D's Notes on .......... It started with a systematic theology I put online when email was just getting started - back when you had to code everything yourself.

I've noticed of recent that errors (spacing additions/subtractions) have crept into the files so I am in the process of editing them again. My last English grammar was in the ninth grade and I did not do well in that so there are usually lots of grammar errors to correct as well (Even with Word and Word Perfect and stand alone grammar checkers I still find some problems).

My present new creative effort is a commentary on I Corinthians - not that I am getting very far - Just started chapter two - chapter one turned into 130+ pages - maybe a series would be more appropriate :-)

Anyway, I've been kind of in neutral (read that - haven't done anything in a year or two) with the editing and after reading parts of this thread I was encouraged to get busy - just ran through about forty pages :-)

Back to the editing ........
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:00 AM   #782
Brendan Carroll
Assassin Chronicles
Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
I'm about to get busy on the second book in the Apprentice Diaries series. I have already written the preface and part of the first chapter. I have to get with my co-author and start working on it for real. We have research to do and that is the fun part. I've got the general idea of how it is going to go, but haven't really worked up a detailed outline yet.
Brendan Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #783
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
I've started writing a skinhead romance, I'm thinking of sending it to Mills and Boon for a laugh. 9,000 words in so far, and no violence whatsoever. I don't think I'll be able to keep it up though.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:55 AM   #784
wraylewis
Enthusiast
wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad and Kindle
I have two projects going:

I'm working on a sequel to a heavily illustrated short story I did about the adventures of three young elf siblings. I have the plot line down, and am simultaneously writing and creating the illustrations.

Second, I'm putting together notes for the plot line for a sequel to a novelette I wrote that's a fantasy send-up of pulp detective fiction.
wraylewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #785
swhibs123
Pigmy Hippo Trainer
swhibs123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.swhibs123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.swhibs123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.swhibs123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.swhibs123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.swhibs123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.swhibs123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.swhibs123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.swhibs123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.swhibs123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.swhibs123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have a couple books on the go. I should be done by next month, but I've been giving a lot of thought to trying to write one of those "choose your own adventure" books. I used to love them as a kid, and the idea that I can have the reader choose a path that will kill my characters is incredibly appealing! That said, I think I have a lot of research to do on how they're actually put together.
swhibs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #786
Brendan Carroll
Assassin Chronicles
Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
I'm not actually writing anything at the moment. I am working on editing the latest Assassin Chronicles novel and waiting impatiently on my co-author to start working with me on the next Apprentice Diaries novel. Very frustrating. I have all these ideas and I keep making notes, but she keeps putting it off.
Brendan Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #787
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Working on a blind collaboration with Gareth Jones and about seven other authors. Each author creates a character and a situation in a common setting. Gareth pulls all the strings together into a complete short story which he has masterminded, but has not disclosed to the other authors.

My character is an undercover cop who earns her living flirting with and exposing interstellar smugglers. I've only known her for about 600 words, but I've developed quite an attachment. I'm very curious to see how her story turns out.

Last edited by Nancy Fulda; 01-30-2012 at 08:36 AM. Reason: typo
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:51 PM   #788
Mike Cooley
Mike
Mike Cooley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Cooley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Cooley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Cooley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Cooley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Cooley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Cooley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Cooley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Cooley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Cooley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Cooley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm working on the second book in my epic fantasy series. It's called Crystal Origin. I just finished part II of III, and I'm at about 43,000 words. Book one
came out last year and is doing well, so I'm trying to finish this one in the next couple of months.

I'm also working on a horror novelette called Fade Away, and a few other things. I'm rather bad at single-tasking, so I work on several things at once.
Mike Cooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:13 PM   #789
sbroome
Youngsta
sbroome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sbroome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sbroome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sbroome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sbroome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sbroome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sbroome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sbroome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sbroome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sbroome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sbroome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Second issue of my graphic novel 'The Call'. It's a lot of fun to write this issue since the actual threat in the story is being revealed, and I enjoy demonstrating the passage of time without explicitly saying it over and over again. I'm also figuring out the wording and layout for some advertisements for the Kindle version of it.
sbroome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #790
Scott J Robinson
Scott J Robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott J Robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott J Robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott J Robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott J Robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott J Robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott J Robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott J Robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott J Robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott J Robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott J Robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm working on Book 4 of The Tribes of the Hakahei. I put the first one up on Amazon the other day. I've got the first 5 and the last 3 chapters done-- now for the 20 or so in the middle.

The series is a space opera with a fantasy twist that is obviously going to make me rich.

Scott
Scott J Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:15 AM   #791
heySkippy
Groupie
heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Two years ago I spent a week walking the last 100 miles of the Overseas Highway in the Florida Keys. I started at mile marker 100 in Key Largo and ended at mile marker 0 in Key West.

I had a good Nikon and a nice assortment of lenses and I took many hundreds of pictures, concentrating on the thing things you would miss if you were driving instead of walking. I blogged about it during the walk and it was a very memorable experience.

When Apple released Author a few weeks ago, I downloaded it and just as something to play with I started formatting those blog posts into the book. I was hooked almost instantly and now I have what I think is a pretty damned good coffee table book with a couple hundred pictures, a 9 minute movie, interactive maps, mile marker charts, and of course my own pithy observations of all the events of that week.

I've never written before, but I have a lot of experience with photography and websites and stuff, so it's felt pretty natural. One of the business analysts where I work was an English professor in a prior life and has offered to do some editing for me. I'm thinking it'll be ready for the world in another couple weeks.

In short, I'm loving it. I love new toys. Stay tuned for "Walking The Keys" in an iBookstore near you!

[promotional links deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-12-2012 at 10:30 AM.
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #792
southernsontn
southernsontn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.southernsontn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.southernsontn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.southernsontn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.southernsontn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.southernsontn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.southernsontn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.southernsontn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.southernsontn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.southernsontn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.southernsontn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Android Tablet
I'm actually writing my first novel. The project would probably be described best as being a political thriller involving terrorists, big brother government, and a shadowy conspiracy which will (hopefully) draw the reader into this universe in a way that will render him unable to set the book down until the end.

My problem is, as a new writer, I'm having problems finding a source for advice that will allow me to put the vision in my head down onto paper... or pixels as the case may be.
southernsontn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:40 AM   #793
phloxy
Always reading
phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phloxy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kindle 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernsontn View Post
I'm actually writing my first novel. The project would probably be described best as being a political thriller involving terrorists, big brother government, and a shadowy conspiracy which will (hopefully) draw the reader into this universe in a way that will render him unable to set the book down until the end.
This sounds excellent and just my style. I'm also currently working on my first novel, which delves into "eco-terrorism," Big Pharma, and government overreach.

Good stuff and an interesting time to be writing about such things.

Quote:
My problem is, as a new writer, I'm having problems finding a source for advice that will allow me to put the vision in my head down onto paper... or pixels as the case may be.
Are you talking about research here? I'm having a little trouble with that myself, partly because looking up many of the things I need to read probably puts me on some government watch list or the no-fly registry.

Do keep us posted on your progress! I would love to read what you're writing.
phloxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #794
southernsontn
southernsontn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.southernsontn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.southernsontn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.southernsontn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.southernsontn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.southernsontn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.southernsontn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.southernsontn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.southernsontn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.southernsontn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.southernsontn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by phloxy View Post

Good stuff and an interesting time to be writing about such things.
yes, it is. I've had the plot line fermenting in what I hope to be the creative portion of the brain for some time allowing the story to mature. hoepfully it comes out how I want it.

Quote:
Are you talking about research here? I'm having a little trouble with that myself, partly because looking up many of the things I need to read probably puts me on some government watch list or the no-fly registry.
actually, the research isn't a problem at all. I've been interested (academically) in the subject matter for quite some time and have done tons of research. What I'm having trouble with is the writing process itself. I have an exciting story and a beautiful plot line in my head; the problem I'm having is translating that story seamlessly onto the page. I'm particularly having trouble in finding an appropriate way to segue between scenes.

Quote:
Do keep us posted on your progress! I would love to read what you're writing.
I will. I'm slightly ADHD in my writing, so I have about three projects going at once. I work on one for awhile, and then switch to another so that I don't get too burned out. I've got between one and three chapters done on each, but when I get slightly farther, I'll post excerpts; If that sort of thing is allowed or recommended.
southernsontn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:21 AM   #795
Annie Seixas
Annie Seixas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Annie Seixas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Annie Seixas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Annie Seixas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Annie Seixas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Annie Seixas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Annie Seixas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Annie Seixas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Annie Seixas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Annie Seixas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Annie Seixas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Crazy short stories! Lots of 'em!
Annie Seixas is offline   Reply With Quote