Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-22-2020, 02:15 PM   #781
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by magarto View Post
Yes, I read it but another user told me above:
Note, strictly speaking, we don't know of a way to do this (at least not without serial access, and even then only on older Kindles with non-Androidized layout):
Quote:
Originally Posted by magarto View Post
I cannot find how to inject an already jailbroken firmware.
However, it's possible to install factory firmware on certain Kindle models with specific firmware versions. This can then be jailbroken using the methods from the Open Sesame thread.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 02:18 PM   #782
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Spoiler:
Reposting since the original post has gotten a bit buried.

I'm helping with PW4 JB > 5.10.1.3 but via PM only given how anti-JB the firmware updates have been of late.

PSA

I might be able to help with jailbreak for the waterproof PW4/Paperwhite 4/Paperwhite (2018)/Paperwhite (10th generation) only.

Those interested, please PM me with the following details about your device:
  1. First 12 characters of serial number (gives us the HW model, revision and manufacture date)
  2. Country
  3. Retailer/Store
  4. Color
  5. Storage
  6. with or without Special Offers
  7. Wi-Fi or Cellular
  8. FW version and stock or updated?
Thanks!

Notes:
  1. All PMs missing the information requested above will be ignored.
  2. All PMs requesting assistance with non-PW4 will be ignored.
  3. Don't expect immediate replies to your PM. I don't spend my entire time waiting for PMs from MobileRead. Even when I'm browsing the site, I'm often browsing via mobile device where sending instructions is a major pain so I typically wait to reply until I'm in front of keyboard and mouse. I usually respond within 4 days so be patient and wait a week or so. If there's no reply by then, feel free to follow up.
  4. If you're unable to send PMs, you can use the thread in the feedback forum below to request PM privileges.
    https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819
  5. Mac users: There's an issue with the method I have with Macs (PW4 won't reconnect to Mac via USB after one of the steps). Please make sure you have access to a Windows or Linux PC before sending me a PM.

Public instructions have now been posted for PW4 running 5.10.2-5.13.3 firmware. Sadly, 5.13.4 and higher cannot be jailbroken using this method.

FW 5.10.2-5.13.3 Software Jailbreak for PW4

Last edited by ilovejedd; 12-13-2020 at 09:08 AM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2020, 01:26 AM   #783
magarto
magarto began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Thanks again ))))
I will do it right now.
magarto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 08:44 PM   #784
uels
uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle PW4
Hey @ilovejedd, sent you a PM just in case you didn't see. :P
uels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 04:50 AM   #785
elvvis
elvvis began at the beginning.

Device: PW4, tolino epos 2
Finally my PW4 is jailbroken. Many thanks to @ilovejedd and @NiJuLe for their fantastic work. KUAL is running, screensaver hack is running and of course the best reading software KOReader.
elvvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-29-2020, 05:09 AM   #786
RandomGiraffe
Connoisseur
RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.RandomGiraffe once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvvis View Post
Finally my PW4 is jailbroken. Many thanks to @ilovejedd and @NiJuLe for their fantastic work. KUAL is running, screensaver hack is running and of course the best reading software KOReader.
That’s great news, well done team!
RandomGiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 12:20 AM   #787
uels
uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvvis View Post
Congrats, I jailbreaked my PW4 today as well, KOReader and custom screensavers already running. It was a surprisingly easy process.

Thanks ilovejedd for the help.
uels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 04:28 AM   #788
Jigen90
Jigen90 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by uels View Post
Congrats, I jailbreaked my PW4 today as well, KOReader and custom screensavers already running. It was a surprisingly easy process.

Thanks ilovejedd for the help.
I want to thank ilovejedd for her help, my PW4 is now Jailbroken!
Jigen90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:03 PM   #789
CarlosMC
CarlosMC began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW4
Hi Guys!

Just confirming that ilovejedd's method worked on PW4 G000 PP12 9297 that came with FW 5.10.3 and it was updated to 5.12.3.

Thank you ilovejedd!
CarlosMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:18 PM   #790
marinai
marinai began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 4/KPW-3/Kindle3/Pocketbook-Touch Lux3/Kobo-Elipsa
New 5.12.4 update has been published
marinai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 08:08 PM   #791
supertommy
supertommy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw 2018
hello everyone from itay... im going to buy a kindle paperwhite 2018, i have any hope to get a jailbreak compatible unit?

want to be sure before buying otherwise will get a kobo
supertommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 08:55 PM   #792
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertommy View Post
hello everyone from itay... im going to buy a kindle paperwhite 2018, i have any hope to get a jailbreak compatible unit?

See the following:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=782
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 01:18 PM   #793
Jigen90
Jigen90 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertommy View Post

I recently bought one on the Italian store too.

I did not connect it to the wifi after starting it for the first time(open the wifi configuration, go back and postpone).
The firmware it came with wasn't out-of-the-box compatible with the factory JB, so I pinged ilovejedd user who was able to provide me a guidance.

You can successfully jailbreak it.
Jigen90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 01:24 PM   #794
supertommy
supertommy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigen90 View Post
I recently bought one on the Italian store too.

I did not connect it to the wifi after starting it for the first time(open the wifi configuration, go back and postpone).
The firmware it came with wasn't out-of-the-box compatible with the factory JB, so I pinged ilovejedd user who was able to provide me a guidance.

You can successfully jailbreak it.
ok i will buy it...
thanks everyone
supertommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 11:40 AM   #795
merlinolillo
merlinolillo began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinai View Post
New 5.12.4 update has been published
Just updated and jailbreak survived