Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-14-2022, 06:20 PM   #781
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
also, for future reference: Is it bad practice to edit the images directly in \AppData\calibre\plugins\Generate Cover\?

I did it a few days ago without any problems, though I restarted Calibre afterwards (not sure exactly what point the plugin loads the images in).
It’s fine. The plugin only reloads an image each time you try to edit/generate a cover, it isnt loaded at calibre startup.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 02:08 PM   #782
version365
Enthusiast
version365 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi.. I've been using calibre5 for some time. And I just upgraded to calibre6 & subsequently the plugin got updated as well.
But, something changed!! I had 5 different settings for "Generate Cover". They are there.. but, the image changed to default! My custom image is gone from all settings.
I had the settings exported some time ago, so, I thought I would import them; but, they are showing KeyError:'SchemaVersion'.
What to do? :/
version365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2022, 11:47 PM   #783
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by version365 View Post
Hi.. I've been using calibre5 for some time. And I just upgraded to calibre6 & subsequently the plugin got updated as well.
But, something changed!! I had 5 different settings for "Generate Cover". They are there.. but, the image changed to default! My custom image is gone from all settings.
I had the settings exported some time ago, so, I thought I would import them; but, they are showing KeyError:'SchemaVersion'.
What to do? :/
Hi - it looks like the import/export features got rather broken with the changes to the images folders in Calibre 6 and you are the first to report that...

Please give the attached version of the plugin a whirl and let me know how you get on before I officially release it.

If you still have problems, PM me your Generate Cover.json file and your exported settings.

Last edited by kiwidude; 12-29-2022 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Remove attachment as officially released
Old 12-29-2022, 03:40 PM   #784
version365
Enthusiast
version365 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Hi - it looks like the import/export features got rather broken with the changes to the images folders in Calibre 6 and you are the first to report that...

Please give the attached version of the plugin a whirl and let me know how you get on before I officially release it.

If you still have problems, PM me your Generate Cover.json file and your exported settings.
Yep.. this works great!!

I forgot to mention earlier but it was not just the import but, exporting had errors too cause it can't find the gc_setting.json file.

Well, that is fixed too!! Thanks a lot!!
version365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 07:11 PM   #785
kiwidude

Generate Cover v2.3.2 released

Release notes:
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...e_cover-v2.3.2

Thanks to @version365 for reporting the issue.
Advert
Old 01-11-2023, 09:44 PM   #786
Aleyst
Zealot
Aleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with others

Device: PW (7th Gen), PW (10th Gen)
So random question,
Did a search in the thread and the last time i can see this mentioned was 2016 (Talk about digging up a corpse). Stroke option for fonts, anyway to go around getting that back or any option that could mimic it?

I was looking back through some of my old GC settings and it was in there and i've resurrected some old fics that need some covers but ya know ... consistancy.

Cheers,
~ Aleyst
Aleyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 09:50 AM   #787
Katrid
Katrid has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Katrid has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Katrid has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Katrid has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Katrid has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Katrid has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Katrid has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Katrid has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Katrid has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Katrid has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!Katrid has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

First would like to thank you for this plugin. Gets used every time I open Calibre. Was wondering if it would be way beyond the realm of possibilities for there to be a user preferred font list instead of just the system list? To me this would be the only possible way for this plugin to be improved.
Katrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 10:57 AM   #788
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrid View Post
First would like to thank you for this plugin. Gets used every time I open Calibre. Was wondering if it would be way beyond the realm of possibilities for there to be a user preferred font list instead of just the system list? To me this would be the only possible way for this plugin to be improved.
The system font list (installed fonts) is the only place known to look on most systems. Trying to foolproof alternate location lookup's would be a daunting task (and not worth the headaches to maintain for a small set of users)

Uninstall unused system fonts to gain space (and performance), and install the ones you use. NOTE: Fonts may have licenses that need consideration on how they are used.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 09:49 PM   #789
FandomWitch
FandomWitch began at the beginning.

I am trying to set up my cover to have several custom columns and have them not be there when empty. Those columns are romantic and platonic ships (both Text, shown in tag browser). The other custom text is always filled in but the ships might not exist so the field is empty. When one or both of these are empty the summary column information jumps to the top of the page, over the other listed custom items. I currently have a placeholder tilde in ifempty as the text then stays at the bottom of the cover (where I want it). I have also tried using the prefix/suffix format to no avail. The problem also happens when I change the #summary to comments.

Is there any way to get the ships to be "passed over" if empty or do I just need to live with the tilde? (Sorry for any post issues. This is my first post on mobileread.)

The custom text section looks like this:
{#fandom_cover:|Fandom(s): |}
{#content_rating:|Rated: |}
{#progress:|Status: |}
{#romships_cover:ifempty(~)}
{#platships_cover:ifempty(~)}
{#summary:|Summary:\n|}
FandomWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 12:48 PM   #790
Tenome
Enthusiast
Tenome began at the beginning.

Does adding new styles still work? I tried long-pressing on the arrow and it doesn't bring up the menu to add more. Can I just add a new template in a Calibre folder somewhere?
Edit: Ignore me, I got this plugin and the built-in Generate Cover feature mixed up.

Last edited by Tenome; 02-10-2023 at 12:53 PM.
Tenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 02:50 PM   #791
mabelrxu
mabelrxu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FandomWitch View Post
I am trying to set up my cover to have several custom columns and have them not be there when empty. Those columns are romantic and platonic ships (both Text, shown in tag browser). The other custom text is always filled in but the ships might not exist so the field is empty. When one or both of these are empty the summary column information jumps to the top of the page, over the other listed custom items. I currently have a placeholder tilde in ifempty as the text then stays at the bottom of the cover (where I want it). I have also tried using the prefix/suffix format to no avail. The problem also happens when I change the #summary to comments.

Is there any way to get the ships to be "passed over" if empty or do I just need to live with the tilde? (Sorry for any post issues. This is my first post on mobileread.)

The custom text section looks like this:
{#romships_cover:ifempty(~)}
{#platships_cover:ifempty(~)}
{#summary:|Summary:\n|}
You can try putting the ones you want to be optional lines joined in with the next lines like this:
Code:
{#romships_cover:||\n}{#platships_cover:||\n}{#summary:|Summary:\n|}
(note I purposely put romships, platships, and summary all on one line instead of on individual lines ...)
mabelrxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 09:05 PM   #792
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Is it possible to set the title text to instead use a single-function template?

I'd like to use {title}{#subtitle:|: |}

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-12-2023 at 11:22 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 12:40 PM   #793
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I just moved custom text right under the title. C T is #subtitle)
This works as my title usually fills line1 anyhoo
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 12:58 PM   #794
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I thought of that, but I use the custom text for something else.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 06:13 AM   #795
kiwidude

I took a quick look to see how easy this would be to add - but it is a little messy. Effectively you are asking for another "Custom Text" field - just that in your case you want to use it for a title, but someone else might want to use it for authors or series.

Which impacts multiple screens in the dialogs - adding Font option for the custom #2, big changes to the Contents tab to support it in the Field Order and an input field for it etc.

Will wait and see if others speak up in favour of such a thing, I don't have time to waste on adding features to plugins at the moment but if the demand is from more than just one person then it will be on the rainy day list.