Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-01-2024, 06:26 AM   #751
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
UYK = "Update Your Kindle" option in Kindle's Settings.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 07:12 PM   #752
yardleyse
yardleyse began at the beginning.

Device: BLU Advance 5.0, Lenovo Tab 7, Kindle PW4, BLU Vivo 5 Mini, Kindle PW3
Tried it on PW4 5.15.1.1

It works! Thank you.
yardleyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2024, 10:41 AM   #753
pkujulo
pkujulo began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
UYK = "Update Your Kindle" option in Kindle's Settings.
This should be clarified in the readme. I also didn't realize at first that the contents of the LanguageBreak folder needed to be dumped into the Kindle drive root. Not the folder, but everything in it.
pkujulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 01:41 PM   #754
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
It clearly says to do exactly this:
Copy the contents of the LanguageBreak folder to the Kindle - merging and replacing all files
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 12:27 AM   #755
pkujulo
pkujulo began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
It clearly says to do exactly this:
Narrow-minded opinion discarded. It would be more clearer, especially to those who do are not primarily fluent in English, if it instead said:

Quote:
10. Copy the LanguageBreak folder's contents to the Kindle root directory. You will need to merge and replace files during this step.
pkujulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2024, 05:21 PM   #756
Zero_G
Zero_G began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansaab View Post
Please disregard message above. I got it fixed as per post #706
Please consider on step 2 of POST JAILBREAK insert an advise to try to copy hotfix again, in case MKK folder does not appear.
Thank you, I was also having the problem that I could install KUAL but it wouldn't run any kindlet. Silly me that I didn't check if the 'mkk' folder was created during the jailbreak. I second that it should be mentioned in the install instructions that this can happen.
Zero_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 07:12 PM   #757
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_G View Post
Thank you, I was also having the problem that I could install KUAL but it wouldn't run any kindlet. Silly me that I didn't check if the 'mkk' folder was created during the jailbreak. I second that it should be mentioned in the install instructions that this can happen.
kindlets will not run on firmware > 5.8.x
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 12:15 AM   #758
dawiz
dawiz began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite signature edition(11 generation)version15.16.2.1.1
Question locked in administrator mode and can't get out

thank you for the jb Marek!
The thing is I went through all the steps and when coming out of step 19 (i did see the pop-up message on the side) it went into demo mode where I resold the device booted into administrator mode, and I've been trying to install the hotfix but it's giving me error 2 and telling me update failed.

I've tried reupdating and tried to install the hotfix multiple times but still error and still stuck in administrator mode I've even tried going through all the steps again but seems like once your kindle did step 19 it will only go to step 16 and just reboot regularly (and enter administrator mode) unless i haven't tried enough times I've tried reselling my device it still won't work still stuck in administrator.

please tell me where I went wrong or what to do to fix

my kindle is on 15.16.2.1.1
dawiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 12:26 AM   #759
dawiz

just want to mention I've tried to install the hotfix using the UYK button and also rebooting it still showing error
Old 02-08-2024, 11:54 AM   #760
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkujulo View Post
Narrow-minded opinion discarded. It would be more clearer, especially to those who do are not primarily fluent in English, if it instead said:
By “clearly” I meant it was written there… literally.

English is not my first language neither.

Getting JB is by itself quite intricate process, so have your expectations higher.
No one is going to hand guide you through it, if someone helps you just says thanks and move on.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 08:22 AM   #761
Luafins
Luafins began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 7th Gen
no mkk folder

I have done the whole process, and did the hotfix stuff. However, it did not work to put it back to normal since it became a managed device instead. So, i did the ; demo but when i plug it in there is no mkk folder or anything of the sort.
Is there a new update for this? I was only following a tutorial from youtube and I managed to install koreader and kual but I realized I still am on demo, then everything went to chaos from me trying to fix it.
Luafins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 12:16 PM   #762
Marek
Zealot
Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4 :(, KT5, PB628, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luafins View Post
I have done the whole process, and did the hotfix stuff. However, it did not work to put it back to normal since it became a managed device instead. So, i did the ; demo but when i plug it in there is no mkk folder or anything of the sort.
Is there a new update for this? I was only following a tutorial from youtube and I managed to install koreader and kual but I realized I still am on demo, then everything went to chaos from me trying to fix it.
Just install hotfix again
Marek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 01:13 PM   #763
dawiz

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawiz View Post
just want to mention I've tried to install the hotfix using the UYK button and also rebooting it still showing error
I'm happy to tell you I thank god was able to install the hotfix I realized I held onto the power button for a long time by step 16.

really interesting when booting up after step 19 it entered into the demo mode with me entering the store name and everything and for some reason it wasn't allowing to put any commands into the tool bar I restarted and that helped i was able to ;uzb into the toolbar and was able to load in the hotfix and everything went smooth from there
Old 02-11-2024, 04:58 PM   #764
sirgilmour
sirgilmour began at the beginning.

Can the 11th Generation Kindle Paperwhite be jailbroken?

Got it a few days ago and it automatically updated to 5.16.6.

I read that Koreader is way better with more reading options and better library management than the barebone official firmware.

I saw that there were ways to downgrade to 5.16.2.1.1 and on the official site it says Generation 7.

Is a generation firmware made for an older device? or is it just update related?

My model is M2L3EK
sirgilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 03:52 PM   #765
Frogm4n
Zealot
Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If it's already updated then you are out of luck. The only way to downgrade is with a jailbreak, The only way to jailbreak (right now) is to be running 5.16.2.1.1 or lower. If your firmware is already higher then there's nothing to be done.
Frogm4n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, jailbreak 5.16..2.1.1, languagebreak