Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-22-2015, 08:24 PM   #751
timofonic
Zealot
timofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox M96+
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreti View Post
Puedes volver de la 4.4 a la 4.0 con los enlaces que puedes encontrar para tu modelo en esta página (http://ereader-store.de/en/content/8-downloads), y después actualizar a esta versión.
"You can go back from 4.4 with the links you can find for your model in this page, so you can update to this version"
(I'm tired, sorry for my bad translation)

Thanks a lot for replying in Spanish, but I respect the International nature of this community

Really? I thought the logical step was to do incremental updates. That's why I updated from 4.4 using Mfgtool2, then trying to update the firmware again.

Did you update from 4.0 to this last update from December 2015?
timofonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 05:46 AM   #752
dummybear
dummybear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dummybear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dummybear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: M96
After installing some different firmware versions, I got to the following results: In 1.7.3 some change was introduced, that makes some android apps displaying css-formatted pages, to lose formats such as bold or underline, but still retain others like italic.

Those apps display text properly with firmware 1.7.2, but in 1.7.3 and 1.7.4, when the page is displayed, it shows properly, but immediately it changes losing bold and underline, as I said above.

A good app to test this bug is the following: https://goo.gl/csa5Si
dummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2015, 03:19 AM   #753
timofonic
Zealot
timofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic something

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummybear View Post
After installing some different firmware versions, I got to the following results: In 1.7.3 some change was introduced, that makes some android apps displaying css-formatted pages, to lose formats such as bold or underline, but still retain others like italic.

Those apps display text properly with firmware 1.7.2, but in 1.7.3 and 1.7.4, when the page is displayed, it shows properly, but immediately it changes losing bold and underline, as I said above.

A good app to test this bug is the following: https://goo.gl/csa5Si
I have the same issue! It's really annoying
Old 12-31-2015, 05:39 AM   #754
dummybear
dummybear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dummybear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dummybear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Yeah. Devs are doing a great job in improving video playing quality on the M96... But don't forget it is an ereader, and we bought it mainly for reading text!

No bad feelings. Have a Happy New Year, guys!
Old 12-31-2015, 11:44 AM   #755
timofonic
Zealot

Quote:
Yeah. Devs are doing a great job in improving video playing quality on the M96... But don't forget it is an ereader, and we bought it mainly for reading text!

No bad feelings. Have a Happy New Year, guys!

Of course it's an eReader, but one using Android. The idea is to have more flexibility than a common one.

I couldn't care less about video playing quality, that's nonsense. I just care about usability, software compatibility and be able to see apps properly, without having to use advanced lab grade equipment to read the text on certain apps.

Why should we sacrifice readability over video playback? That's totally absurd to me. But now they made the effort, so they "just" need to fix it or find a proper good workaround for this new unreadability feature

I plan to try MyScript software, that stuff seems amazing for taking notes. Unfortunately most processing is done in the cloud, but there's no better software: Text, Math formulas, shapes and even music noting!

Last edited by timofonic; 12-31-2015 at 11:48 AM.
Advert
Old 01-11-2016, 08:08 AM   #756
programador
programador began at the beginning.

Device: Not yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi guys,

How to install:

Copy update.zip to your root folder in M96 or T68.
Afterwards go to Settings -> About ->System Update -> Check Update from local Storage

M96
Update date 2015-01-20
http://ereader-store.de/DATA/M96/update.zip

Most important new features in this update are:
  • support of big pen eraser in Neo Reader (please activate it in settings (pen settings).
  • contrast tool in main menu to improve contrast in general view A2 menu, it is not final release of this feature yet, though) .
  • Improved and accelerated graphic. It has much cleaner zoom and pan animation (especially in Neo Reader)

T68

Update date 2015-01-19
http://ereader-store.de/DATA/T68/update.zip

Best Regards,
Waldemar
Customer service
Does this firmware update also works for M96C PLUS and M96 PLUS (Finger Touch)? Or only for M96?
programador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 11:08 AM   #757
timofonic
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by programador View Post
Does this firmware update also works for M96C PLUS and M96 PLUS (Finger Touch)? Or only for M96?
No idea, but it's shameful they offer a so old firmware!

Seriously, M96 needs some firmware love. I'm really tired about this, I regret buying it, it needs bugfixes and promote a developer community behind it.

I'm going to contact Onyx about it and send an ellaborated email. I want other Onyx Eboox users to do the same, they MUST hear us!
Old 01-12-2016, 10:02 PM   #758
bsnick
Zealot
bsnick began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96+, T68+, Max2, YP2, HiSense A2 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by timofonic View Post

Seriously, M96 needs some firmware love. I'm really tired about this, I regret buying it, it needs bugfixes and promote a developer community behind it.

I'm going to contact Onyx about it and send an ellaborated email. I want other Onyx Eboox users to do the same, they MUST hear us!
http://ereader-store.de/en/content/8-downloads

The kitkat link says all versions. If you don't want to try kitkat you can always use the mfgtool on that page to flash the latest version of ICS. There's a version of mfgtool for all three versions of M96. That'd give you the newest version of ICS at any rate.
bsnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:16 AM   #759
dummybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by timofonic View Post

As a matter of fact, the latest firmware for M96 is from 2015/12/29, just a couple weeks old. They release a new version very often. Last stable version is 1.7.4, which you can download in this link: http://ereader-store.de/en/content/8-downloads.

The Kitkat update, that you can see at the top of the page, is a testing firmware. But you can scroll down a little bit, and there you will find the latest ICS version from December 2015, as I mention above.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:10 PM   #760
Yassair
Yassair began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox T68
Installed Android 4.4 on the T68

Ï have installed the 19/12 version (android 4.4) and I have found some bugs. I have the cover. With previous roms the reader went to saving mode when I closed the book cover, but now it keeps running.
How can I change that.
Thanks.
Yassair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:50 PM   #761
dummybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yassair View Post
Ï have installed the 19/12 version (android 4.4) and I have found some bugs. I have the cover. With previous roms the reader went to saving mode when I closed the book cover, but now it keeps running.
How can I change that.
Thanks.
Well, the Kitkat version is not intended for regular use, just for testing. It has many bugs. For everyday use, just scroll down until the link that says "Update 2015-12-29". That is the stable version.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:15 AM   #762
bsnick
Zealot
bsnick began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96+, T68+, Max2, YP2, HiSense A2 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yassair View Post
How can I change that.
Thanks.
I have kind of the reverse. When I go into power-saving mode my T68 almosts always need to be rebooted. It does this with and without the cover.
bsnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 04:36 PM   #763
timofonic
Zealot

Quote:
As a matter of fact, the latest firmware for M96 is from 2015/12/29, just a couple weeks old. They release a new version very often. Last stable version is 1.7.4, which you can download in this link: http://ereader-store.de/en/content/8-downloads.

The Kitkat update, that you can see at the top of the page, is a testing firmware. But you can scroll down a little bit, and there you will find the latest ICS version from December 2015, as I mention above.

Yes, both versions have important bugs. That's nice, recent releases that become useless
Old 01-29-2016, 01:41 AM   #764
JHarry
Connoisseur
JHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCookie View Post
Similar error I've got on non-standard formatted sd card. I changed sd card to one with smaller capacity and problem gone.
hello, i met the same problem.
i would be grateful if you can tell me more details such as which brand you choose , the campacity and the formatting way(32k?)? thank you
JHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 05:26 PM   #765
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Hello to everyone. This is my first post in this forum.

I recently moved my M96 to Booxtor's firmware, and installed the last update, 1.7.4 RC1 (update of 11/12/15). It looks great, and I love all the new features in Neo Reader and scribble, but I have seen some problems with text rendering, namely:

- In Android apps, any text mixing regular and bold fonts, is displayed either everything as bold, or regular. Strange enough, the text is actually displayed correctly when the app shows it (with, for example, the title in bold and the rest in regular font weight), but then it changes in a fraction of second, and format is lost. You can see it, for example, with this app: https://goo.gl/csa5Si

- Text is displayed in black, even when the background is black also, for example in notifications. So you are unable to read any android notification, because it is just a black rectangle.

Is anybody experiencing the same issues? Does anybody know where can I file a bug report for them?

Thanks!
Same problem here... I was using Gitden Reader for EPUB3 reading, but after the last Boox update is a big problem...
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote