Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 04-25-2012, 03:29 PM   #61
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
I've never had writer's block... just writer's disinterest ("I just don't feel like writing right now"). When I'm ready, I don't have a problem writing.

I attribute this to creating detailed outlines and notes before I write, getting the major (and most of the minor) pieces together before you start on the real manuscript. Then once you start, your outline tells you where to go, and you can concentrate on being creative along the way... or just pound out the scene, and be creative during later re-editing passes.
I think that is what I have got. I gave up on the book and put it on the back burner, and have not touched it since. I have tried to start a few other books, got as far as the title and stopped. Even my Blog has died a death in recent months, as has my interest in reading and this Forum. I just think I have other things on my mind which is sapping all my creative vision at the moment.

mjhudston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:54 AM   #62
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I hate to say it, but maybe you just haven't found what it is you want to write.

What inspires you? Read something that you love. I also know that pressure/anxiety can kill creativity in my case. In fact just this morning I work up thinking that I need to have more FUN at this!

What's FUN about reading/writing for you? Do some of it and channel that energy into your writing! (and not necessarily your old projects cause that will get you back into the dark side)

Maybe you should be writing shorter things? or non-fiction or poems.... maybe try some of each to see if you can stimulate the creativity fresh.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert