Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-12-2016, 07:15 AM   #61
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Assuming that one day this roles out to the UK does anyone have an experience of how this works with mutiples kindles registered to a Prime member. Hubby and I share an Amazon account, could we both borrow books at the same time on our own kindles or tablets?
Yes. I have multiple devices, and I have Prime reading books on all of them.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:35 AM   #62
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Yes. I have multiple devices, and I have Prime reading books on all of them.

Shari
that's great. Right now we only get the one prime library book each month and I let hubby have that so if we ever get Prime Reading it will be a perk for me

If we get it that is.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2016, 07:40 AM   #63
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Assuming that one day this roles out to the UK does anyone have an experience of how this works with mutiples kindles registered to a Prime member. Hubby and I share an Amazon account, could we both borrow books at the same time on our own kindles or tablets?
Same Kindle account: absolutely.
Same Prime account, different Kindle accounts: unclear.
Video and music they specifically allow household members to maintain separate access.
Early reports on PR are muddy but it seems that only one Kindle account is allowed. It needs a lot of clarification which will likely come before PR hits the UK. We're gamma testers on this side of the pond.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 08:31 AM   #64
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus, Kindle Oasis 2
Only the primary Prime member. Haven't heard if they can share via Family Library. Haven't seen anything I want to bother trying with.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 08:58 AM   #65
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Same Kindle account: absolutely.
Same Prime account, different Kindle accounts: unclear.
Video and music they specifically allow household members to maintain separate access.
Early reports on PR are muddy but it seems that only one Kindle account is allowed. It needs a lot of clarification which will likely come before PR hits the UK. We're gamma testers on this side of the pond.
We are one Prime account. Our single Amazon account is a joint one, we just have multiple kindles and apps linked. At the last count it was over a dozen separate devices.
Advert
Old 10-12-2016, 09:16 AM   #66
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
We are one Prime account. Our single Amazon account is a joint one, we just have multiple kindles and apps linked. At the last count it was over a dozen separate devices.
Then it will work fine. Limitations are the 10 slots at a time. If you get the 11th book, you have to return one first. You can return them either in browser or from a Kindle. Obviously you need to remember which books are yours as you can return your husbands by accident. (oops, we did that before with KU) Usually not a problem since wifi stays off until we need new books. One time though my wife got a little ahead of herself and returned all my books and filled them up with all hers. Also the limitation of 6 devices per book still applies just as if they were purchased.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 03:40 PM   #67
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Then it will work fine. Limitations are the 10 slots at a time. If you get the 11th book, you have to return one first. You can return them either in browser or from a Kindle. Obviously you need to remember which books are yours as you can return your husbands by accident. (oops, we did that before with KU) Usually not a problem since wifi stays off until we need new books. One time though my wife got a little ahead of herself and returned all my books and filled them up with all hers. Also the limitation of 6 devices per book still applies just as if they were purchased.
DuckieTigger. I think we would struggle to borrow 10 at one time but Who knows
Old 10-13-2016, 01:20 AM   #68
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
DuckieTigger. I think we would struggle to borrow 10 at one time but Who knows
If you had KU, it is trivial to fill all 10 slots, especially with two people. I usually end up with 3 slots I can use, and my wife fills the other with a whole series and if there is room the start of the next one. Neither one of us reads more than one book at a time, but it is just so convenient to grab a whole series at once. For Prime Reading the choice would be limited as series only include the first book.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:12 PM   #69
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
The following is a quote from the help page of the American Service. Naturally it is possible that a UK version may differ. And I must point out I've not used the family service since my wife only wants paper books.

"About Family Library
With Family Library, you can share select content between two adults in your Amazon Household.
in Amazon Device Support › Managing Your Fire & Kindle, Kindle Content, and Account › "

As we used to say in the Days Of The Dinosaurs, YMMV
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:20 PM   #70
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
The following is a quote from the help page of the American Service. Naturally it is possible that a UK version may differ. And I must point out I've not used the family service since my wife only wants paper books.

"About Family Library
With Family Library, you can share select content between two adults in your Amazon Household.
in Amazon Device Support › Managing Your Fire & Kindle, Kindle Content, and Account › "

As we used to say in the Days Of The Dinosaurs, YMMV
Note that with Family Library, Kindle Unlmited and now Prime Reading borrows cannot be shared between the 2 'adult' accounts, as eBook and audiobook purchases and (if I am remembering correctly) Overdrive eBook borrows can be.

You can however add KU/PR borrows to one or more of the (up to 4) 'child' accounts. So the Prime or KU subscriber can Add the borrows to a 'child' account, and then anyone with access to the 'child' account can read those as well as any other books that have been added there, even if they aren't an actual child. I can imagine these child accounts would be good for provisioning 'loaner' Kindles and Fires where you don't necessarily want the loanee to be able to see everything in your library or be able to purchase books that would be charged to your account (by accident or otherwise).

If one of the linked 'parent' accounts is a Prime subscriber, and the other is a Kindle Unlimited subscriber, then between the two, you can borrow 20 things and make those available to a 'child' account, as well as any of your purchases of course..
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 03:11 AM   #71
jeffery
Enthusiast
jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jeffery ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura hd
Quote:
the account is allowed 10 books to be checked out at one time (iirc) and each of those books can be downloaded to any or all devices on the account. thus has been my experience in using it.
jeffery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 05:45 PM   #72
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus, Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
You can however add KU/PR borrows to one or more of the (up to 4) 'child' accounts. So the Prime or KU subscriber can Add the borrows to a 'child' account, and then anyone with access to the 'child' account can read those as well as any other books that have been added there, even if they aren't an actual child.
My husband is a Prime member, and we've linked our two accounts into a Family Library. If I were to create a child profile and my husband shared a Prime Reading book with that "child," I could access it? Only if I were viewing the library with the child profile? Or from my adult account too? I've never had any reason to look into child accounts so I may be woefully misinterpreting how they work. Are there any restrictions on what can be shared with a child account?
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 06:32 PM   #73
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
If you had KU, it is trivial to fill all 10 slots, especially with two people. I usually end up with 3 slots I can use, and my wife fills the other with a whole series and if there is room the start of the next one. Neither one of us reads more than one book at a time, but it is just so convenient to grab a whole series at once. For Prime Reading the choice would be limited as series only include the first book.
Are we sure about this? I was just looking at the Harry Potter series, and wondering if the second kindle on my account (my Mom has it) would like to read them. At least the first 2 showed "Prime Read". Maybe I needed to look futher than the first two? Are the rest not available under Prime Read?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 05:16 AM   #74
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Are we sure about this? I was just looking at the Harry Potter series, and wondering if the second kindle on my account (my Mom has it) would like to read them. At least the first 2 showed "Prime Read". Maybe I needed to look futher than the first two? Are the rest not available under Prime Read?
When I just looked, Chamber of Secrets was not availlable under Prime Reading.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:49 PM   #75
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
When I just looked, Chamber of Secrets was not availlable under Prime Reading.
Ahhh, right you are. I must have been looking at the "kindle unlimited" button. Guess I won't get my mom started (she probably doesn't even want it).
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote