Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 02:20 AM   #61
specficwriter
Groupie
specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro
It is a scifi novel from an award winning author that can be purchased for 50 cents or less from Kobo, just thought someone might be interested.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:53 AM   #62
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by specficwriter View Post
It is a scifi novel from an award winning author that can be purchased for 50 cents or less from Kobo, just thought someone might be interested.
Fully appreciated that (and thanks for posting the link), but please take note of the first post in the thread which states:

Quote:
Please don't post any self-published books*, and please do a search before posting to avoid duplicates.

*Unless you have read them yourself, think they are excellent, and you're not connected to the author in any way.
There's so much self-published crap out there, that we ask people to only post about self-published books if they have read them and personally recommend them.
Advert
Old 04-16-2014, 07:42 PM   #63
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Galaxy's Edge magazine, issue 1 (March 2013) is on sale for just $0.99. Looks like the issues normally run $3.99 on Amazon.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:05 PM   #64
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddCosine View Post
I hope this is a deal, seems like one to me anyway. The Lathe of Heaven by Ursula K. Le Guin is available for $3.99 DRM-free, in both epub and mobi formats.

The epub formatting looks a bit funky; the descenders on the G's are chopped off, but no doubt fixable in Calibre/Sigil.
Yet another iffy spot to have to keep your library (and a place I've not heard of, wanting payment info: ganxy). Not available in any "real" store, from what I can tell (excluding audible, which does have it).

Perhaps she/her estate/her publisher need to be told this isn't the 1990's and there is no need to try to invent an ebook store? No real sample, either - an excerpt on a web page isn't the same thing (then again, if the formatting is bad, perhaps the lack of sample is intentional).

I guess I'll wait until it is 'really' published as an ebook.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:05 PM   #65
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
Galaxy's Edge magazine, issue 1 (March 2013) is on sale for just $0.99. Looks like the issues normally run $3.99 on Amazon.
According to the Phoenix Pick newsletter the 99 cent special will end on 4/24.

No mention of other retailers, but Barnes & Noble and Kobo both have this issue for $2.99 while all other available issues are $3.99.

Last edited by cromag; 04-16-2014 at 09:11 PM.
Advert
Old 04-17-2014, 10:27 AM   #66
Mironsch
Mironsch could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Mironsch could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Mironsch could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Mironsch could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Mironsch could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Mironsch could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Mironsch could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Mironsch could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Mironsch could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Mironsch could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Mironsch could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddCosine View Post
The epub formatting looks a bit funky; the descenders on the G's are chopped off, but no doubt fixable in Calibre/Sigil.
Doesn't look funky here: the G's look like they should, and the whole formatting is rather nice. I suspect that the font might cause problems with some readers (I only quickly tried it with Digital Editions), but that should be solvable by switching to the reader's standard font.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:58 PM   #67
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
According to the Phoenix Pick newsletter the 99 cent special will end on 4/24.

No mention of other retailers, but Barnes & Noble and Kobo both have this issue for $2.99 while all other available issues are $3.99.
It says "available only from Amazon (DRM-free)". They didn't have a definite end date on the page when I viewed it, just said lasted a week. I wasn't sure when they defined the week's beginning so I decided not to mention it. I see now that they've added that info, glad they did.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:40 PM   #68
peachiekene
Fanatic
peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura one, htc 10, kobo glo hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshoughton View Post
Great one for the UK, assume it's a promo for the run up to Season 4 starting next week!

A Game of Thrones: The Story Continues Books 1-5: A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast for Crows, A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire)

£7.99 (Down from £39.99)

The bundle includes:
A GAME OF THRONES
A CLASH OF KINGS
A STORM OF SWORDS, 1: STEEL AND SNOW
A STORM OF SWORDS, 2: BLOOD AND GOLD
A FEAST FOR CROWS
A DANCE WITH DRAGONS, 1: DREAMS AND DUST
A DANCE WITH DRAGONS, 2: AFTER THE FEAST
Preview chapter of THE WINDS OF WINTER

Kindle
Nook
For the US:
George R. R. Martin's A Game of Thrones 5-Book Boxed Set (Song of Ice and Fire Series)

$19.99
AmazonUS
Google

According to Luzme, it was actually down to $9.99 in the US at one point. o_O
Also, I posted the title up because the US title is slightly different than the UK version of the same set.

This $20 is still pretty tempting though...
Old 04-18-2014, 04:29 AM   #69
itisbomb
Addict
itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 4
The Stress of Her Regard
by Tim Powers

is today's Kindle Daily Deal. It can be downloaded for $1.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...d_i=1000677541

Below is the blurb:
When Michael Crawford discovers his bride brutally murdered in their wedding bed, he is forced to flee not only to prove his innocence, but to avoid the deadly embrace of a vampire who has claimed him as her true bridegroom. Joining forces with Byron, Keats, and Shelley in a desperate journey that crisscrosses Europe, Crawford desperately seeks his freedom from this vengeful lover who haunts his dreams and will not rest until she destroys all that he cherishes. Told in the guise of a secret history, this long-awaited tale of passion and terror is finally back in print after more than 20 years.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:57 AM   #70
itisbomb
Addict
itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 4
Space Odyssey Series
(2001: A Space Odyssey, 2010: Odyssey Two, 2061: Odyssey Three, 3001: The Final Odyssey)

by Arthur C. Clarke

are today's Kindle Daily Deals. They can be downloaded for $1.99 each.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=amb_link...d_i=1000677541
Old 04-21-2014, 01:28 PM   #71
odo
Connoisseur
odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Tor has just announced (http://www.tor.com/blogs/2014/04/the...o-voter-packet ) that the complete Wheel of Time series (created by Robert Jordan and finished by Brandon Sanderson after Jordan's demise) will be included in the traditional Hugo Voter Packet.

As you may know, you only need to buy a Supporting Membership ($40 http://www.loncon3.org/memberships/membership1.php ) in order to get the Packet, that will also probably include all the other nominees (novels by Charles Stross, Ann Leckie, Ramez Naam, Wesley Chu, Sofia Samatar, Max Gladstone... and all the short fiction, graphic novels and related work). And you get also voting rights for the Hugos, of course (and nominating rights for next year's Hugos).

Great value indeed!!!
Old 04-21-2014, 02:41 PM   #72
rguion
Zealot
rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rguion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by odo View Post
Tor has just announced (http://www.tor.com/blogs/2014/04/the...o-voter-packet ) that the complete Wheel of Time series (created by Robert Jordan and finished by Brandon Sanderson after Jordan's demise) will be included in the traditional Hugo Voter Packet.
15 huge novels, wow! That will keep a reader busy for quite a while.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:07 PM   #73
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I'm already a supporting member. (I was thinking of going to worldcon this year, since it's here in the UK, but I probably won't.)

And I already own all 14 WoT novels.

Still, it will be nice to get the first 11 as ebooks.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:57 PM   #74
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara Colour
I already own all the Wheel of Time ebooks as well. Bought them when Diesel had them on sale. I'm still reading book 4!! It's going kind of slow. Good deal, though that some people will get them!
Old 04-21-2014, 04:01 PM   #75
odo
Connoisseur
odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I'm already a supporting member. (I was thinking of going to worldcon this year, since it's here in the UK, but I probably won't.)
After being a Supporting Member for several years, I'll be attending the WolrdCon for the first time this August Hope to meet you there if you finally make it.
Closed Thread