Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-13-2008, 07:15 AM   #61
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanounanue View Post
Could you tell me which is the difference between iRex iPDF and iPDF Full screen?

Thank you

:-D
They're the same, except with the full-screen version, you can press and hold the "up" arrow, and the icons at the bottom of the screen disappear, leaving more room for long pages. (Another long press and they come back). As I said in another post, it seems this facility is also there in the bookmark version.
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:46 AM   #62
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.giroro View Post
I modified "Firmware_Script" but it did not work. I got an error message saying "Firmware 2.12 is needed. You have Firmware 2.12." It appears I need to make other changes. Am I missing something?
Something got wrong with your patched "Firmware_Script". Only this file needs editng.
Crux could be: you added a space character or empty paragraph. Is your file written with UNIX encoding [LF* only]. In Windows world [CR LF] is standard.
[EDIT]: Windows XP's notepad is a stupid program [can handle LF only]. Open source notepad++ is much better.
[EDIT II]* LF=Line Feed

Last edited by yokos; 02-14-2008 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Line Feed
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2008, 05:19 PM   #63
mr.giroro
mr.giroro began at the beginning.

Device: iRex Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos View Post
Something got wrong with your patched "Firmware_Script". Only this file needs editng.
Crux could be: you added a space character or empty paragraph. Is your file written with UNIX encoding [LF* only]. In Windows world [CR LF] is standard.
[EDIT]: Windows XP's notepad is a stupid program [can handle LF only]. Open source notepad++ is much better.
[EDIT II]* LF=Line Feed
Thank you for the tip. I had no idea that using Windows XP's notepad could create a problem. I DID use Windows XP's notepad to edit the "Firmeware_Script" file, and it appears it was the source of the problem. I replaced the "Firmeware_Script" file with one posted by daudi, and it worked!

Thank you Yokos and daudi for all your help and tips!
mr.giroro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:46 PM   #64
gingercat
Connoisseur
gingercat began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
You'll need to edit:
So how do I actually find this file to edit?
gingercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:59 PM   #65
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingercat View Post
So how do I actually find this file to edit?
There are now scripts to do this for you, see Mobipocket Font Switcher.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2008, 10:06 PM   #66
gingercat
Connoisseur
gingercat began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iliad
Yeah I know but the scripts don't actually work.
gingercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:40 PM   #67
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I just posted updated scripts in the Font Switcher thread that worked for me.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote