Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-02-2011, 11:41 PM   #61
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
Can you surf the web with the T1?
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:52 PM   #62
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by eSheri View Post
Can you surf the web with the T1?
Yes, you can. It also links from the book you are reading to Wikipedia. The browser has landscape orientation and can download files which is an improvement over the 950 browser.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2011, 01:57 AM   #63
beespeckled
Groupie
beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: KOBO Aura One; Kindle Oasis 3, KOBO Libra Colour
DD is surfing the web happily w/her T1, she just checked her Facebook page and is now happily viewing one of her preferred manga sites. (landscape mode)
beespeckled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:04 AM   #64
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Which languages does it support?
(briefly scrolled through 5 pages, didn't see if that was mentioned)
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:25 AM   #65
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
No email support, I suppose?
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2011, 04:29 AM   #66
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
No email support, I suppose?
What do you mean by email support? I've checked my gmail using my 950.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:43 AM   #67
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
is it running some form of Android? I'm not sure if this was conclusively answered previously.
It is running Android, although not "officially" announced.

It was conclusively answered in my opinion, but you don't have to take my word for it, just wait and see like everyone else who doesn't believe me
log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:37 AM   #68
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Yes, you can. It also links from the book you are reading to Wikipedia. The browser has landscape orientation and can download files which is an improvement over the 950 browser.
I've been able to download epubs from Feedbooks using the 950, but it doesn't add them to the library automatically. I had to shutdown and relaunch the device to get the 950 to see the downloads.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:20 PM   #69
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by log View Post
Thanks beespeckled.

I'm a little disappointed that they don't allow tap to turn pages, this is what you do most on an e-reader, they should make it the easiest action.
+1

Although a little more then a little disappointed.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:21 PM   #70
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Thanks, kolenka. I will have to try that on my 950. I picked up a T1 at Target yesterday. I was able to download a DRM'ed EPUB from my dropbox account successfully. I was also able to login to my Kobo account and download a book! The library book download process also worked smoothly. They go into a downloads folder. They auto-load right into your booklist. I didn't have much time to experiment further.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:22 PM   #71
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
What's the big difference between "tapping" the screen, and hitting the PAGE FORWARD button?
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:27 PM   #72
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Thanks, kolenka. I will have to try that on my 950. I picked up a T1 at Target yesterday. I was able to download a DRM'ed EPUB from my dropbox account successfully. I was also able to login to my Kobo account and download a book! The library book download process also worked smoothly. They go into a downloads folder. They auto-load right into your booklist. I didn't have much time to experiment further.
Thank you, thank you. This mean the library books over Wifi should work in Sweden too. ( A couple of more steps, though)

Edit: Come think about it, why didn't Sony highlight the fact you can download DRM'd files and not just non-drm'd epubs and pdfs?
Or maybe I just missed it.

Last edited by mikaelalind; 10-03-2011 at 01:23 PM.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #73
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
What's the big difference between "tapping" the screen, and hitting the PAGE FORWARD button?
The location of the button.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:37 PM   #74
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Fine

The "swipe" need only be a flick, not a sweeping movement, that takes about the same effort as an on-screen tap.

A question:

You folks who own T1's (or are getting one) - where do you store the stylus?
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:44 PM   #75
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
Fine

The "swipe" need only be a flick, not a sweeping movement, that takes about the same effort as an on-screen tap.

A question:

You folks who own T1's (or are getting one) - where do you store the stylus?
Fine.

If it takes about the same effort, then just make it a tap.

Tags
sony t1