Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-05-2010, 02:35 PM   #61
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyp133 View Post
Best ereader for a heavy library user?

Don't mean to be rude but have you thought about going on a diet ?
I am assuming this is a bad joke.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:59 PM   #62
Traecer Prime
Connoisseur
Traecer Prime began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
I just bought a Sony PRS-300 at Sears on sale for $100 and I love mine. Even if Sears has run out, there are plenty on eBay (mostly people who never opened them!) for around $80.

I know some of the PRS-300s have a problem reading DRMed ePubs and PDFs at the same time, but all of the books I've checked out have been PDFs. It seems most of Overdrive's inventory is PDFs, there are only a few ePubs right now.
Traecer Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2010, 08:22 PM   #63
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traecer Prime View Post
I just bought a Sony PRS-300 at Sears on sale for $100 and I love mine. Even if Sears has run out, there are plenty on eBay (mostly people who never opened them!) for around $80.

I know some of the PRS-300s have a problem reading DRMed ePubs and PDFs at the same time, but all of the books I've checked out have been PDFs. It seems most of Overdrive's inventory is PDFs, there are only a few ePubs right now.
Wrong, there are a lot of ePub via Overdrive.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:28 PM   #64
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traecer Prime View Post

At my library Epubs greatly outnumber PDF's
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #65
Traecer Prime
Connoisseur
Traecer Prime began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Wrong, there are a lot of ePub via Overdrive.
Wow, OK, ePub/PDF availability must be greatly dependent on what the library in question asks Overdrive to offer for them. Guess my libraries are a little behind.
Traecer Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2010, 11:55 AM   #66
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
I don't see an iPad app. Just the iPhone app.
iTunes App Store says it's compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #67
wud_pecker
wud_pecker began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro
I'd like to download e-books and e-audio books from the library on my Aluratek Libre Pro. Overdrive indicates it's not compatible with my device, but I see from these threads that some of you have been able to use Overdrive on this particular e-reader. Can anyone walk me through the process? How can I use Overdrive Media on my Aluratek Libre Pro?
wud_pecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #68
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3, Kobo Libra 2
Libre Pro supports Adobe Digital Editions, and the related ADEPT DRM, so you'll be able to use Overdrive. The only thing is, you'll probably be limited to PDF and ePub formats on Overdrive as they use ADEPT.

Simply install Adobe Digital Editions and get that set up (you'll likely have to create an account with Adobe if you don't already have one). Now, goto the website for the particular Overdrive based library you want to use, check out the content you want, and download. You'll get a small file that will need to be opened with ADE, which if all went well during install, your browser may even give you an option to open it when you click to download. If not, double click the file where ever you have it located on your computer, or drag and drop it onto a running ADE window. However you have it opened up, ADE will then download the actual book and link it temporarily with your account. Now, you use ADE to first register your reader to your account (a one time thing, and if you've used Digital Editions before, you've likely already done), and then transfer the book to your reader. That is really all you have to do.

Once you've done it, it will a lot of the muss and fuss will be taken care of, and be easier in the future.

If you use Overdrive Media Center, install ADE like I mentioned before, and then you can download from OMC and have it activated. I personally prefer using the website, because I am not a fan of OMC, as it seems a bit clunky.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote