Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-09-2010, 07:17 AM   #61
AdamV
*Censored*
AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (brown), Asus DR 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geppetto View Post
Bah, that screen is really awful
wha? why?
AdamV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:40 PM   #62
Marcor
Enthusiast
Marcor doesn't litterMarcor doesn't litter

Device: none
The DR 900 should be available tomorrow at the stores. Tomorrow morning at 9 (italian time) I'll go and have a look, also to see how big really the quality difference is between e ink and Sipix (blacks almost dark grey and whites more very light grey) screens. E-ink quality should be superior although I think it has more glare problems.

for Adam: Far Side, one of my all time favorite.

Last edited by Marcor; 12-10-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Marcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2010, 04:04 PM   #63
AdamV
*Censored*
AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.AdamV can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcor View Post
The DR 900 should be available tomorrow at the stores. Tomorrow morning at 9 (italian time) I'll go and have a look, also to see how big really the quality difference is between e ink and Sipix (blacks almost dark grey and whites more very light grey) screens. E-ink quality should be superior although I think it has more glare problems.

for Adam: Far Side, one of my all time favorite.
thanks, mine too

I would very much appreciate if you could give us your thoughts after testing the reader... I already asked a friend who lives in Italy to get one for me (he's travelling to Poland for the end of Dec) - but I'd love to know how the device works in real life before...
Old 12-10-2010, 04:07 PM   #64
Marcor
Enthusiast

I do not have much experience as for e book readers, so I don't know how much it would be reliable, but I'll give you some feedback.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:33 AM   #65
Marcor
Enthusiast

Have been at the shop but nothing there yet. Maybe (we'll see) next week. I'll keep you updated.
Advert
Old 12-11-2010, 05:43 AM   #66
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcor View Post
Have been at the shop but nothing there yet. Maybe (we'll see) next week. I'll keep you updated.
Sad, but expected.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:55 PM   #67
hansokumake
hansokumake will become famous soon enoughhansokumake will become famous soon enoughhansokumake will become famous soon enoughhansokumake will become famous soon enoughhansokumake will become famous soon enoughhansokumake will become famous soon enough

Asus Eee Reader DR-900 USER'S MANUAL (ENGLISH)
hansokumake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:08 PM   #68
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Thanks, Hansokumake.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:27 PM   #69
grega_g
grega_g began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin v3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansokumake View Post
printed it, put one black page after every manual page. I almost have my asus dr-900 already.
grega_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:31 PM   #70
CalvinL
Enthusiast
CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CalvinL has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega_g View Post
printed it, put one black page after every manual page. I almost have my asus dr-900 already.
Is the dr-900 available now? where do u buy it?
CalvinL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:46 PM   #71
AdamV
*Censored*

woot thanks!

is it me or the manual misses Dictionary, Audio Player and Scetch Book instructions? and what happened to the Applications button we could see here or here?

"Applications" feature was supposed to be a good idea... hopefully they can back it up in the future fw updates... hopefully...

oh and here's Italian version of the manual if someone's interested ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/EeeRe...ser_Manual.pdf

Last edited by AdamV; 12-13-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:53 PM   #72
grega_g
grega_g began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin v3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinL View Post
Is the dr-900 available now? where do u buy it?
no sry it was kind of a joke (not a good one obvsly)
grega_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:59 AM   #73
Marcor
Enthusiast

Mediaworl is claiming the dealy is a question of days and that the reader should be available by the end of week. We'll see. In any case we are talking about real small numbers. At the store I have been I saw the internal purchase order (dated december 2nd) listing 4 readers only
Old 12-14-2010, 08:24 AM   #74
AdamV
*Censored*

that is the the this kind of electronic markets work - they usually order small amounts and order again if all the items are out of their stock...

Marcor - where do you live exactly? Are you aware if there is any Mediaworld shop in Piza? If so, can you ask about availability of the readers there? When and how many?
Old 12-14-2010, 09:49 AM   #75
DannyElfman
Groupie
DannyElfman will become famous soon enoughDannyElfman will become famous soon enoughDannyElfman will become famous soon enoughDannyElfman will become famous soon enoughDannyElfman will become famous soon enoughDannyElfman will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung E60
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega_g View Post
Made me laugh
DannyElfman is offline   Reply With Quote