Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you like a "Send to Kobo" service like Kindle?
Yes 56 53.33%
No 33 31.43%
Maybe 14 13.33%
I would even pay for it! 2 1.90%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2024, 12:27 PM   #61
Gone
Out of order
Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra Colour
deleted

Last edited by Gone; 05-29-2024 at 02:38 PM.
Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 12:40 PM   #62
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPartner View Post
The killjoys band of brothers ladies and gentlemen.
Of course it's everyone else's fault that you didn't phrase your poll question correctly... The poll question was about one's personal preference, not about what Kobo should do or not to do, like the thread title. And now you blame the respondents for your own mistake. Way to go.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2024, 12:49 PM   #63
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
There are some persons? Yes. 50% of the users, I seriously doubt it or Kobo would have invested on it.
I think Johnnyb meant that most of those people for whom the lack of cloud syncing is a dealbreaker, won't buy a Kobo at all. Not that 50% of existing Kobo users want that feature.

Personally I don't much care one way or the other. But it's no secret that lots of people value the syncing of sideloaded books Kindle (and Pocketbook) offer. Whether Kobo should implement it or not is a matter of opinion, of course. But I'm sure they would get at least some customers who right now don't use a Kobo mainly because there's no syncing for sideloads.
Old 05-28-2024, 01:49 PM   #64
Gone
Out of order
Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Of course it's everyone else's fault that you didn't phrase your poll question correctly... The poll question was about one's personal preference, not about what Kobo should do or not to do, like the thread title. And now you blame the respondents for your own mistake. Way to go.
I blame their attitude, in every post on this forum.

Congratulation, you just join the band.
Old 05-28-2024, 01:56 PM   #65
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11

Sirtel so reasonable.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2024, 02:39 PM   #66
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
The PocketBook works entirely independently of ADE on your computer (or Calibre plugin). You send the ACSM file to the PocketBook and it does the rest.
And your book still has DRM.

Man, compared with the way most people use e-readers and ebooks, I am such a weird, idiosyncratic user. No wonder they don't make things to my specifications...
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 02:53 PM   #67
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
If either of us becomes World Dictator we make DRM illegal?
Then consider what to do with Marketing Departments, cold callers, mime artists etc.

The ACSM file expires maybe 2 to 4 hours. The Pocketbook breaks. Where did you buy the ebook?
The ebooks are all gone. I remove the DRM and make backups. Some day the copyright will expire and my children, grandchildren or great grandchildren might appreciate my effort depending on when the author died.

Quote:
No wonder they don't make things to my specifications...
Pity.

Last edited by Quoth; 05-28-2024 at 02:57 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 02:57 PM   #68
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Man, compared with the way most people use e-readers and ebooks, I am such a weird, idiosyncratic user. No wonder they don't make things to my specifications...
I suspect many of us here are weird users compared to the wider user base outside MR. Most folks probably buy, download, read, delete, rinse and repeat. Calibre? DeDRM? Patching and tweaking? Endless arguments about the proper layout, font, reading settings etc etc? The tiny, tiny differences between modern eink screens and hardware? I'm pretty sure most users don't know or care about any such things.

Not to mention the fact that most readers actually prefer paper to ebooks.

Last edited by Sirtel; 05-28-2024 at 02:59 PM.
Old 05-28-2024, 03:24 PM   #69
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
I blame their attitude, in every post on this forum.

Congratulation, you just join the band.
I am rather sorry that people answering the question you posted in the poll are not giving the results that you expected. It does hurt when ugly facts destroy a beautiful hypothesis.

OTOH, your belief that they should have answered the question that you meant to ask not the question you actually asked is amusing. Would you like some cheese with your whine?

Last edited by DNSB; 05-28-2024 at 03:28 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 04:51 PM   #70
Gone
Out of order

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I am rather sorry that people answering the question you posted in the poll are not giving the results that you expected. It does hurt when ugly facts destroy a beautiful hypothesis.

OTOH, your belief that they should have answered the question that you meant to ask not the question you actually asked is amusing. Would you like some cheese with your whine?
I just can’t believe someone made you a mod. You’re a toxic waste. When I wanted out, I was searching the forums and I stumbled upon a discussion where a member was asking if there could be a way to add more than two genders. The real green ones finally closed the discussion after telling you many times how arrogant and closed minded you are. So, yeah, shove your cheese up where the sun don’t shine.
Old 05-28-2024, 05:31 PM   #71
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

DNSB has helped countless people on this forum and continues to do so. To call him names here won't get you any sympathy. Not to mention the fact that people usually turn to name calling when they have run out of any rational arguments.
Old 05-28-2024, 07:18 PM   #72
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
To me, the poll could be interpreted either way. You is used ambiguously all the time.

IMO.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 07:29 PM   #73
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
I just can’t believe someone made you a mod. You’re a toxic waste. When I wanted out, I was searching the forums and I stumbled upon a discussion where a member was asking if there could be a way to add more than two genders. The real green ones finally closed the discussion after telling you many times how arrogant and closed minded you are. So, yeah, shove your cheese up where the sun don’t shine.
Interesting. I did not read the discussion that way. What I seem to remember was stating that I did not care what gender choices are made by other MobileRead members. I seem to remember writing the following:

Quote:
Personally, I do not know nor do I really care about the gender choices made by other MobileRead members. My interaction is with their messages here. One of the great things about the internet is that you don't get to judge people based on any criteria other than their ability to write.
My other post in that thread that ended up in moderation was when I asked another poster whether the OP in that thread wanted sexual orientation as part of gender when they posted "Some people are nonbinary, transgender, and other genders as well." And yes, I did get slapped down for re-posting the message when it did not appear.

Personally, my vote then and now was to simply leave the item blank. Given the age of MobileRead's software, not much else can be done.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 08:39 PM   #74
Gone
Out of order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
DNSB has helped countless people on this forum and continues to do so. To call him names here won't get you any sympathy. Not to mention the fact that people usually turn to name calling when they have run out of any rational arguments.
Yeah, and one famous German with a tiny moustache loved dogs, kids and art. Godwin point for me.

There are toxic people here. And they have been here a long time. It's about time someone told them.

Now, what name do you want me to call you?
Old 05-28-2024, 09:13 PM   #75
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yeah, and one famous German with a tiny moustache loved dogs, kids and art. Godwin point for me.

There are toxic people here. And they have been here a long time. It's about time someone told them.

Now, what name do you want me to call you?
Call me what you want, it has no bearing whatsoever on me or my life.

If you don't remember, I'm happy to remind you that the person who started the whole argument in this thread was yourself, with your complaining that folks voted against cloud syncing in your poll (and of course there's no toxicity whatsoever in starting a poll and then criticizing people who didn't vote the way you wanted, now is there?). When other posters pointed out that your poll asked for a personal preference, not an opinion about cloud syncing in general, that was when the word "toxic" was pulled out and tossed around. By you, of course.

In my view (which of course you're completely free to ignore) this is a classic case of the mote and the beam.