Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-22-2022, 03:31 AM   #61
beedaddy
Groupie
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Clara 2E, Tolino shine 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
Did you enable it in the settings?
It's not even listed in the settings (I mentioned this in the 4.33-thread as well. The photo is from there).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	forma2_onscreen_controls.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	861.4 KB
ID:	196721  
beedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 03:39 AM   #62
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by beedaddy View Post
It's not even listed in the settings (I mentioned this in the 4.33-thread as well. The photo is from there).
That is odd. My Libra 2 has pinch to zoom font size change.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2022, 03:53 AM   #63
beedaddy
Groupie
beedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoonbeedaddy knows that there *is* no spoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That is odd. My Libra 2 has pinch to zoom font size change.
Yes. I once contacted the Kobo customer support via chat. After answering a few questions and telling her that even the manual reset didn't help, she silently left the chat.
Old 09-22-2022, 03:54 AM   #64
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
and you already updated to this latest 4.34.20097 fw?
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 04:05 AM   #65
beedaddy
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
and you already updated to this latest 4.34.20097 fw?
Yes, I successfully installed version 4.34.20097 yesterday. My hope was that whatever was preventing the feature was now fixed. But no luck.
Advert
Old 09-22-2022, 04:08 AM   #66
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes, I successfully installed version 4.34.20097 yesterday. My hope was that whatever was preventing the feature was now fixed. But no luck.
Do you have anything else installed?
Old 09-22-2022, 04:32 AM   #67
beedaddy
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Do you have anything else installed?
I have a few patches applied:
  • My 10 line spacing values
  • Set KePub hyphenation
  • Change Wikipedia search language

Then I had used the following setting (but currently removed, because the space between letters of a word was sometimes quite annoying):
Code:
[Reading]
webkitTextRendering=optimizelegibility
I read "kepubified" epubs. With custom font "Literata".

That's it.
Old 09-22-2022, 04:56 AM   #68
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I have a few patches applied:
  • My 10 line spacing values
  • Set KePub hyphenation
  • Change Wikipedia search language

Then I had used the following setting (but currently removed, because the space between letters of a word was sometimes quite annoying):
Code:
[Reading]
webkitTextRendering=optimizelegibility
I read "kepubified" epubs. With custom font "Literata".

That's it.
That won't cause the problem. I have patches plus KOReader and NickelMenu installed.
Old 09-22-2022, 01:03 PM   #69
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Since they had someone design those two fonts, I'm wondering (but not too hopeful) that they'll also have them design a monospace font, so the kbd, samp, code, and var html tags will work out of the box, as well as font-family:monospace.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 02:25 PM   #70
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I've has a look at Rakuten Serif. Not a fan.
Old 09-22-2022, 02:26 PM   #71
PunkyKoopa
Connoisseur
PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I like it but it's a bit light to my taste.
PunkyKoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 03:13 PM   #72
UCCU666
Enthusiast
UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma/Elipsa/Clara 2E/Libra 2, mooInk Plus 2, Pubook Pro 10.3
Angry

Quote:
Just for the record, I still have no pinchToZoom-feature for changing the font size on my Libra 2.
Same issues on my Libra 2

4.33.19759 no pinchToZoom-feature for text and image (KEPUB)
4.34.20097 no pinchToZoom-feature for text and image (KEPUB)

Only double-tap works for KEPUB images zoom...and still can't pinchToZoom...

Last edited by UCCU666; 09-22-2022 at 03:23 PM.
UCCU666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 03:17 PM   #73
CyberPaul
Groupie
CyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage - Tolino Vision 4 HD - Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkyKoopa View Post
I like it but it's a bit light to my taste.
You can still increase the weight
CyberPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 04:43 PM   #74
PunkyKoopa
Connoisseur
PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PunkyKoopa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am getting this message when I connect my Kobo to my computer.

Quote:
caliber, version 6.5.0
WARNING: Failed: This version of the Kobo Database is not supported. See details

Your Kobo reader has an updated firmware or database version. Since caliber is not aware of this new firmware, database editing is disabled to prevent database corruption. You can still copy books to the Kobo reader with caliber, but book deletion and collection management are disabled. If you are willing to experiment and know how to restore the reader to factory settings, you can bypass this check by clicking on the device button in caliber, selecting “Configure this device” and then enabling the “Try to support latest firmware” option. If it does, you may need to restore factory settings.

Discussions about any new Kobo firmware can be found on the MobileRead forum (in English): https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=223.

Device database version: 171.
Device firmware version: 4.34.20097
I don't know if I should take the risk of bypass this...
PunkyKoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 05:14 PM   #75
mdeluca
mdeluca began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCCU666 View Post
Same issues on my Libra 2

4.33.19759 no pinchToZoom-feature for text and image (KEPUB)
4.34.20097 no pinchToZoom-feature for text and image (KEPUB)

Only double-tap works for KEPUB images zoom...and still can't pinchToZoom...
Same issue as well. No PinchToZoom on my Libra 2 when on 4.33.19759, nor on the (new) 4.34.20097 firmware. Option to enable is not shown in settings.
mdeluca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release