Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-29-2017, 04:10 AM   #706
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Daily Deals -- exp 29 Mar

* The Power of Broke: How Empty Pockets, a Tight Budget, and a Hunger for Success Can Become Your Greatest Competitive Advantage

* Phase Two: Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:20 AM   #707
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Last Day -- Audible -- exp 29 Mar
Advert
Old 03-29-2017, 09:44 AM   #708
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Whispersync deal:

April 1865: The Month That Saved America (P.S.).

$1.99 ebook + $3.99 narration = $5.98.

Big book (= long narration).
By historian Jay Winik, April 1865 is a terrific book; I read this in hardcover when it was first published and I highly recommend it.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:42 PM   #709
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
X-link to the DRM-free thread for a bundle containing some audio dramas:

Humble Book Bundle The Horus Heresy presented by Black Library features tie-in materials for the popular Warhammer sci-fantasy RPG setting. There are three audio dramas featuring the character Garro; one available at each of the $1, $8, and $15 tiers, with varying lengths between 68-140 minutes.

Last edited by ATDrake; 03-29-2017 at 02:50 PM.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:46 PM   #710
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
By historian Jay Winik, April 1865 is a terrific book; I read this in hardcover when it was first published and I highly recommend it.
Thank you -- that made me go try it.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2017, 04:44 PM   #711
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Moviegoers, you can get a free audiobook when you purchase your movie ticket. Head over to Fandango to get your movie tickets to see "The Zookeepers Wife" and you'll get the audiobook free (well, mostly free - you have to pay for your ticket first) on Audible.

Quote:
LIMITED TIME ONLY! Get a free audiobook download of 'The Zookeeper's Wife' with ticket purchase.

Offer is valid from 9:00 a.m. PT on 3/28/17 through 9:00 a.m. PT on 4/11/2017, while supplies last. Purchase must be made with a Fandango VIP account. Fandango VIP is free to join. Offer valid in the U.S. only to residents 18 years of age or older. Each ’The Zookeeper’s Wife’ ticket purchaser on Fandango.com or via the Fandango App, will receive a post-purchase email good for one (1) promotional code (“Code”) valid towards a free copy of the audiobook “The Zookeeper’s Wife” from www.audible.com. Must have an Audible account to redeem Code. Audible is free to join. One Code per transaction, regardless of number of tickets purchased in a single transaction. Code expires on 9/31/17. Code is one time use only. This is a promotional code and is not to be shared, is not for resale, has no cash value, and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. This offer is non-transferable. Void where prohibited. This offer is subject to Fandango’s Terms and Policies at http://www.fandango.com/terms-and-policies and Privacy Policy at http://www.fandango.com/PrivacyPolicy.
Enjoy!
skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:04 PM   #712
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Thank you -- that made me go try it.
I hope you enjoy it. Did you get the audiobook? I picked up the Kindle version, but I'm hesitating over the audiobook now because it's author-narrated.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:22 PM   #713
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
I hope you enjoy it. Did you get the audiobook? I picked up the Kindle version, but I'm hesitating over the audiobook now because it's author-narrated.
No, I just got the ebook. I have more time to read than to listen, most of the time. Listening is only during a long drive (once or twice a year), AND I don't want a book which will make me cry while driving. One commenter on the ebook mentioned crying; I didn't want to take that chance!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:30 PM   #714
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
Moviegoers, you can get a free audiobook when you purchase your movie ticket. Head over to Fandango to get your movie tickets to see "The Zookeepers Wife" and you'll get the audiobook free (well, mostly free - you have to pay for your ticket first) on Audible.

Quote:
LIMITED TIME ONLY! Get a free audiobook download of 'The Zookeeper's Wife' with ticket purchase.

Offer is valid from 9:00 a.m. PT on 3/28/17 through 9:00 a.m. PT on 4/11/2017, while supplies last. Purchase must be made with a Fandango VIP account. Fandango VIP is free to join. Offer valid in the U.S. only to residents 18 years of age or older. Each ’The Zookeeper’s Wife’ ticket purchaser on Fandango.com or via the Fandango App, will receive a post-purchase email good for one (1) promotional code (“Code”) valid towards a free copy of the audiobook “The Zookeeper’s Wife” from www.audible.com. Must have an Audible account to redeem Code. Audible is free to join. One Code per transaction, regardless of number of tickets purchased in a single transaction. Code expires on 9/31/17. Code is one time use only. This is a promotional code and is not to be shared, is not for resale, has no cash value, and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. This offer is non-transferable. Void where prohibited. This offer is subject to Fandango’s Terms and Policies at http://www.fandango.com/terms-and-policies and Privacy Policy at http://www.fandango.com/PrivacyPolicy.
Enjoy!
skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound
Thanks - added to OP

Prime members: this book is FREE to listen to via Channels for Prime (Better Than the Movie)

The Zookeeper's Wife -- Diane Ackerman/ Suzanne Toren --> 11.0 hrs --> NF history

Quote:
The Zookeeper's Wife: A War Story

When Germany invaded Poland, bombers devastated Warsaw - and the city's zoo along with it. With most of their animals dead, zookeepers Jan and Antonina Zabinski began smuggling Jews into the empty cages. Another dozen "guests" hid inside the Zabinskis' villa, emerging after dark for dinner, socializing, and, during rare moments of calm, piano concerts.

Jan, active in the Polish resistance, kept ammunition buried in the elephant enclosure and stashed explosives in the animal hospital.

Meanwhile, Antonina kept her unusual household afloat, caring for both its human and its animal inhabitants and refusing to give in to the penetrating fear of discovery, even as Europe crumbled around her.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 03-29-2017 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:38 PM   #715
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 30 Mar

* You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life
Old 03-29-2017, 10:55 PM   #716
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post

Humble Book Bundle The Horus Heresy presented by Black Library features tie-in materials for the popular Warhammer sci-fantasy RPG setting. There are three audio dramas featuring the character Garro; one available at each of the $1, $8, and $15 tiers, with varying lengths between 68-140 minutes.
You two convinced me, and I'm the one who posted it. ha!

I just didn't think that my budget could stand another audiobook right now, especially with me having probably well over a hundred that I haven't listened to yet.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 03-30-2017 at 06:52 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:37 PM   #717
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post

Thanks for the x-link - added to OP
Old 03-30-2017, 04:15 AM   #718
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 30 Mar
Old 03-30-2017, 04:26 AM   #719
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Starts Today

Quote:
Sync Audiobooks -- Free Webinar --> starts 30 Mar

Refresh your OverDrive app skills

Quote:
We all know there are going to be questions about how to download, store, transfer, and use our SYNC titles as soon as the new season opens. To help all of you help others, OverDrive is hosting a brief webinar on 30 March so we can discuss application updates and more.

This free webinar, which will be archived after the live presentation, is offered twice, morning and afternoon times on Friday, 30 March. You can register for the seesion of your choice and we encourage you to bring along a teen or two to help spread the technical support network you'll have when the season opens on 27 April!
Quote:
Register for either of these two live sessions:
  • Thursday, 30 March, 11 am to noon, Eastern Daylight Time
  • Thursday, 30 March, 3 to 4 pm, Eastern Daylight Time
Old 03-31-2017, 12:07 AM   #720
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 31 Mar