Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-30-2010, 10:04 PM   #706
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
Very pleased to report that the K3 finally arrived today. The person who delivered it for me this time was one who knew where I lived (because they deliver stuff to me on a near daily basis) and she was shocked that the other driver botched the delivery.

Very VERY happy wife now... who'll be using the K3 a lot while she's writing her new books.

Paul.
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:07 PM   #707
Dwayne_Matheson
Connoisseur
Dwayne_Matheson is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Congrats to your wife Paul, I'm sure she will be very happy with it. Just hope that her inner writer overcomes her inner reader and she can get some work done with that little distraction hanging around.
Dwayne_Matheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2010, 10:55 PM   #708
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The first thing she realised/thought is how much easier it's going to be for her to write, because now she can be looking at a book and working on her stuff concurrently.

Photo of it, sitting by the precious coffee... and already loaded with Tree-of-Life
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	picDSCF0039.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	59149  
Old 10-01-2010, 04:06 AM   #709
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Good to hear Paul. When will your next kindle arrive?

Hubby loves the underlining capability which can then be loaded onto the Amazon site when you sync the kindle. He writes business books so he is always on the lookout for new ideas. I reckon he is going to end up buying more books than me!
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:16 AM   #710
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek

Pushka,

Maybe Christmas for me - I'm not sure. It was a bit of a (financial) push to get this first one, it was only because of the $139 tag and the really good Aussie-dollar exchange rate that I was able to get it.

I'm thinking though I should save up for the DX, since most of the things I want to use it for are technical documents / PDFs

Paul
Advert
Old 10-01-2010, 06:15 AM   #711
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPLD View Post
The first thing she realised/thought is how much easier it's going to be for her to write, because now she can be looking at a book and working on her stuff concurrently.

Photo of it, sitting by the precious coffee... and already loaded with Tree-of-Life
Please tell your wife that I say "Congratulations, and enjoy."

OKAY I'm a bit thick, is it a K3 or DX or are they one and the same.

Methinks that you need one for yourself.

Cheers
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:54 AM   #712
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek

DX is the much bigger screen one - not too portable but very nice for dealing with the larger documents with diagrams etc. Some might suggest a more 'proper' iPad or similar though.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:28 AM   #713
Cindee
Cindee began at the beginning.

Device: none
Place my order today (Kindle 3G in graphite), will be delivered on Oct 6th! Can't wait!
Cindee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:57 AM   #714
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindee View Post
Place my order today (Kindle 3G in graphite), will be delivered on Oct 6th! Can't wait!
Welcome to MobileRead, and I hope you love your new Kindle as much as I love mine. It's the best one yet!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:49 PM   #715
walleeva
walleeva began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Sorry but I have to push this thread up again. As we know the K3 international version is now out of stock again. I'm from Australia. I just made an order yesterday and the estimated delivery is in 7 -9 weeks (after 20th Jan). So long !!!. Is that really true about that estimation???? If so I'll not be able to have a birthday gift on time for my sister, so disappointed. But I read from one thread and a Canadian said that he got K3 in 3 days though it's said to be delivered in 6 weeks. So I'm praying...

Has anyone here recently ordered an International K3 in this period? What is your experience??
walleeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:54 PM   #716
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I have read that somone who ordered on 18th Nov now has a Dec ship date. Maybe some have arrived. And then there is ebay. Some people are ordering US kindles and shipping them to a Ship address in the states, then on-sending to their own country. Bet that is what the Canadian did.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:51 AM   #717
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Hi Ho. Ordered a Kindle 3-3G on the 19th of November and got this message from Amazon this morning:

ooooooooooooooooooo

Hello,

We have good news! We're able to get this part of your order to you faster than we originally promised:

"Kindle 3G Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" Display, Graphite, 3G Works Globally - Latest Generation [Includes USB Cable for Charging. For"
Previous estimated arrival date: January 11 2011 - January 26 2011
New estimated arrival date: December 03 2010 - December 28 2010

oooooooooooooooooooo

Good customerservice; it is my birthdaypresent for the 30th of December, so will arrive in time.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:51 AM   #718
walleeva
walleeva began at the beginning.

@desertblues : Thanks for your post. Good to hear that. My order was on 28th Nov, which was around 10 days after you and I also need it by 3rd Jan.
I myself have a K3 and am very happy with their customer service so far. Hopefully they can ship it early. Fingers crossed

Last edited by walleeva; 11-30-2010 at 05:56 AM.
walleeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:36 PM   #719
phelcq
phelcq began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Hi Ho. Ordered a Kindle 3-3G on the 19th of November and got this message from Amazon this morning:

ooooooooooooooooooo

Hello,

We have good news! We're able to get this part of your order to you faster than we originally promised:

"Kindle 3G Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" Display, Graphite, 3G Works Globally - Latest Generation [Includes USB Cable for Charging. For"
Previous estimated arrival date: January 11 2011 - January 26 2011
New estimated arrival date: December 03 2010 - December 28 2010

oooooooooooooooooooo

Good customerservice; it is my birthdaypresent for the 30th of December, so will arrive in time.
People on Polish forums also confirm having their delivery date changed from January to December and Kindle being prepared for shipment. There's hope then
phelcq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:03 AM   #720
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by phelcq View Post
People on Polish forums also confirm having their delivery date changed from January to December and Kindle being prepared for shipment. There's hope then
I think Amazon is really making the effort to ship and deliver Kindles for overseas before Christmas; instead of the middle of jan.
Mine has been shipped now and will arrive on the 2 or 3 of december
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote