Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 09:55 AM   #706
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andanzas View Post
I just had a weird experience.

I was dreaming that I turned on my desktop and found out that DC was launching a program similar to Marvel Unlimited, available both from the DC app and from Comixology. There was a promotional offer ($69/year), so, needles to say, I signed up immediately. I used the Comixology website and was pleasantly surprised by how smooth the process went. And then I woke up in the middle of the night.

Yeah, I know, my life is sad.

I went to the bathroom and suddenly I began to doubt if everything was really a dream. Maybe DC Unlimited just launched, after all? Instead of going back to bed I turned on my desktop and was disappointed to see a rather conventional DC sale. Still, it seemed full of good collections and I distractedly added a few to my cart. When I went to my cart to see the total price, I was surprised to see that it was much cheaper than I expected. Well, I thought, I can't do math half asleep, doh, and added a few more. It still seemed surprisingly cheap, though, and it was then that I noticed that I still had the DC BOGO coupon on my cart, and it was still working! I added the 4 deluxe books of The Invisibles to my cart and I only had to pay for one of them, and not the most expensive one.

I checked out and I still don't know if I should feel bad because I took advantage of a glitch or because I should have taken full advantage of the coupon.

What do you guys think? Am I a thief?

Maybe I should go back to sleep.
I wouldn't call you a thief, I took advantage of the same glitch as well (just not as late or as well as you did, bravo!).

It makes me consider putting similar codes in every possible browser on everyone of my devices in the future!

Speaking of dreams, I had a couple doozies last night, probably thanks to this kick butt flu I've had for almost a week now. One was comic related, and while I don't remember the details now, I remember waking up and thinking, wow, that would make a great EC Comics story.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:53 PM   #707
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
I wouldn't call you a thief, I took advantage of the same glitch as well (just not as late or as well as you did, bravo!).

It makes me consider putting similar codes in every possible browser on everyone of my devices in the future!

Speaking of dreams, I had a couple doozies last night, probably thanks to this kick butt flu I've had for almost a week now. One was comic related, and while I don't remember the details now, I remember waking up and thinking, wow, that would make a great EC Comics story.
Get well soon! I am sure you'll need lots of energy to open all your presents. Merry Christmas!

And you can start experimenting with the new fat juicy coupon Image is offering right now on more than 4,000 comics.
Advert
Old 12-24-2015, 08:26 AM   #708
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andanzas View Post
Get well soon! I am sure you'll need lots of energy to open all your presents. Merry Christmas!

And you can start experimenting with the new fat juicy coupon Image is offering right now on more than 4,000 comics.
Thanks. Still feel like cancelling Christmas, but it could be worse, I have a lot to be thankful for.

Yeah, they snuck that sale in after my morning update. Sale ends 1/3/16, codeword IMAGE for 50% off everything older than last month.
Old 12-24-2015, 11:30 AM   #709
TrevorViking
Wizard

Podcast freebie of the week is Broken Moon #1.
https://www.comixology.com/Broken-Mo...l-comic/288141
https://www.comixology.com/redeem

Kodansha lied; their December sale ended and here is a new one.
https://www.comixology.com/Kodansha-Sale/list/9497

Some new Viz Bundles.
https://www.comixology.com/Viz-Bundl...Sale/list/9526

Image Holiday Sale ends 1/3/15, all 4000+ books released before November 10th are 50% off with code IMAGE.
https://www.comixology.com/Image-Holiday-Sale/page/9237

Yet another freebie.
https://www.comixology.com/Boys-Over...l-comic/325071
Old 12-24-2015, 11:52 AM   #710
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
Thanks. Is there a redemption code for Broken Moon #1?
Advert
Old 12-24-2015, 12:57 PM   #711
TrevorViking
Wizard

BROKENPOD for the win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
Thanks. Is there a redemption code for Broken Moon #1?
Oh, I guess I didn't include that, did I? Well, it's one of two options, right?
Old 12-24-2015, 01:34 PM   #712
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Thank you! Merry Christmas.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:39 PM   #713
TrevorViking
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
Thank you! Merry Christmas.
You're welcome, but Christmas was cancelled.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:23 PM   #714
TrevorViking
Wizard

This is cool, but the first three Calvin & Hobbes treasuries, the ones collecting two collections each, are on sale at Amazon Kindle for $1.99 and marked as Comixology compliant.
http://www.amazon.com/Authoritative-.../dp/B00FWOKE2I

They aren't actually showing up on Comixology yet, but I'm sure that will be fixed shortly.

Also, fwiw, another freebie.
https://www.comixology.com/Boys-Over...l-comic/325771
Old 12-28-2015, 07:08 PM   #715
TrevorViking
Wizard

Yet another linewide sale ending 1/3/16, Dynamite with code NEWYEAR.
https://www.comixology.com/Dynamite-...Sale/page/9250
Old 12-30-2015, 05:30 PM   #716
TrevorViking
Wizard

Oni Press New Year sale on a few select titles until 1/4/16.
https://www.comixology.com/Oni-Press...Sale/page/9280
Old 01-01-2016, 07:16 AM   #717
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Happy New Year!

With a new year comes a new thread.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread