Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 12-14-2009, 03:26 AM   #691
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
I picked out Oliver Twist from the 1001 books speadsheet on mobileread! I did a search on all the book titles with a V to narrow it down and then checked those for a W as well which made searching easier.

I'm not sure I would have worked it out myself even though I got all the letters.

The last letter I thought someone was being daft and didn't believe it was the right letter until I had it confirmed by Ravenne!
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:26 AM   #692
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
I'm not sure why, but at day 4, the answer stared me in the face. I wonder if it made a difference that I collected the images and not only wrote down the letters.

Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2009, 03:28 AM   #693
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella View Post
You haven't found letter 11? You're sure?
I wondered if many people had avatar display turned off, to speed up searching with a slow connection - so they may have missed letter 11.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:33 AM   #694
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
'I am very hungry and tired,' replied Oliver: the tears standing in his eyes as he spoke. 'I have walked a long way. I have been looking for lettered stars these eleven days.'
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:36 AM   #695
tommik
Connoisseur
tommik began at the beginning.

Device: Poke Pro, Onyx Boox 60
When I read that in the last attachment with the letter isn't any information that it is 11. letter I thought that it must be some clue in the post. So I was searching for a post including the word "letter". It was the first post I opened.
tommik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2009, 04:15 AM   #696
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I figured it out once we got the "W". I mean, how many well-known books are there with a "W" in it?

I did search on google though, as I have heard of Oliver Twist, but I had no idea that it was the title of the book, and not only the main person...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:21 AM   #697
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I figured it out once we got the "W". I mean, how many well-known books are there with a "W" in it?

I did search on google though, as I have heard of Oliver Twist, but I had no idea that it was the title of the book, and not only the main person...
I thought Oliver Twist after 3 or 4 letters but also had to make sure it was the title of the book and not just the character.

As for letter 11, I have avatars turned off so I now know why I never found it! grrrr! Didn't matter in the end though.

Cheers,
PKFFW
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:24 AM   #698
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
I found funny to start and end with the same letter
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:34 AM   #699
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
I got it right! Collected all 11 letters and could figure out the title. Had to read through a list of classics before it finally clicked... No wonder I'm so bad with names!
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:08 AM   #700
pikelet
girl from oz
pikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-bookspikelet has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-300, Cybook Gen3
Ah yes, that explains why I couldn't find it!
Fortunately my guess held up anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I wondered if many people had avatar display turned off, to speed up searching with a slow connection - so they may have missed letter 11.
pikelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:13 AM   #701
tommik
Connoisseur
tommik began at the beginning.

Device: Poke Pro, Onyx Boox 60
What is the definite time when the winners will be notified via private message about their victory?
I am astonished that I haven't got it yet
tommik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:29 AM   #702
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommik View Post
What is the definite time when the winners will be notified via private message about their victory?
I am astonished that I haven't got it yet
Prepare to be more astonished.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:11 AM   #703
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
My reasoning went as follows: Well known book, forum with three languages, same letters for everyone. It had to be a title that was not translated at least across these three languages. How many of those are there? It was a high probability it was a name, and after three letters, I already suspected what the name was.
But it was fun looking for the letters. I actually miss beginning my day with a search. Could we possibly continue the challenge? No need for prizes this time
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:22 AM   #704
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
But it was fun looking for the letters. I actually miss beginning my day with a search. Could we possibly continue the challenge? No need for prizes this time
Yes, I thought it was great fun also. I became acquainted with parts of the forum that I hadn't been to before.
Even though at times I almost gave up looking; I couldn't. I became a letter searching maniac!
Thanks to all the organizers and to PocketBook for a great competition and getting us starry eyed.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:34 AM   #705
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
"Private Messages: Unread 0" I assume that something is wrong, or the letters haven't been send out yet?

I any event, I really loved this competition. It made me see parts of the forum I hadn't seen before (Or even knew existed). I especially learned about a lot about profiles, and karma, since I saw a lot of administator walls.. ^_^
And the best thing I realised was, that this forum is probably the most civilized and friendly place on the Internet at the moment. It actually made me want to read more, so I could discuss books with all these nice people!
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
contest, pocketebook, winter