Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-19-2020, 11:27 AM   #6841
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I was hoping to avoid the time those chats take; see tubemonkey above.

I did follow it up with a phone call which was reasonably expeditious; the rep verified that I’d completed the challenge and said they were aware of the issue. However, he couldn’t/wouldn’t deal with it on the spot and was going to forward it to the resolution people. So now I wait some more. I figure I’ll get it eventually; I’d like to get it without more effort on my part.
It took a second phone call for 34 minutes, but I’ve got my $20 Amazon credit plus a free Audible credit. (I didn’t ask for an extra, but the rep added it of his own accord.)

I’m content, obviously, but I’d have been happier without the hassle. I also wish CS wasn’t so inconsistent; so much depends on the randomness of who picks up your call.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 11:41 AM   #6842
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
It took a second phone call for 34 minutes, but I’ve got my $20 Amazon credit plus a free Audible credit. (I didn’t ask for an extra, but the rep added it of his own accord.)

I’m content, obviously, but I’d have been happier without the hassle. I also wish CS wasn’t so inconsistent; so much depends on the randomness of who picks up your call.
my phone call was twice as long as yours and I didn't get any free credits

Inconsistency is Audible's calling card. Anyway, congrats on the credit
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2020, 12:42 PM   #6843
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Here's something nice from Audible: a collection of free stories for streaming while schools are shut down.

Quote:
For as long as schools are closed, we're open. Starting today, kids everywhere can instantly stream an incredible collection of stories, including titles across six different languages, that will help them continue dreaming, learning, and just being kids.

All stories are free to stream on your desktop, laptop, phone or tablet.

Explore the collection, select a title and start listening.

It's that easy.
The collection includes various classics grouped by age ranges.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:47 PM   #6844
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey
Inconsistency is Audible's calling card.
That is, sadly, all too true. But I'm glad you got both the Amazon and Audible credits, issybird. Makes me feel positively shortchanged with only a $20 Audible credit!
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 05:04 PM   #6845
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
That is, sadly, all too true. But I'm glad you got both the Amazon and Audible credits, issybird. Makes me feel positively shortchanged with only a $20 Audible credit!
I finally accepted just the audible $20 coupon for my son as well, because we'd spent far too much time and aggravation, and no one we contacted seemed interested or able to doing the right thing.

I need to know where to lodge a complaint against the one manager who outright called my son a liar and tried to lie about the rules, then disconnected the chat session on him.

I am utterly disgusted with Audible. This was a simple matter of wanting what was promised in the wake of their systems failure, and they could not accept responsibility or fairly make reparations. (And, no, a $20 coupon usable only on Audible content is NOT worth as much as a $20 Amazon credit.)

ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2020, 06:59 PM   #6846
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Here's something nice from Audible: a collection of free stories for streaming while schools are shut down.
Thank you. Once I finish my current Wodehouse, I’m going to listen to one of the classics in bed, since it’s streaming. (I have a dumb phone, so it’s no good for walking around the nabe, which is as much out and about as I get up to these days.)
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 08:48 PM   #6847
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 20 Mar @ 11:59 pm GMT
Old 03-19-2020, 09:43 PM   #6848
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post

Quote:
For as long as schools are closed, we're open. Starting today, kids everywhere can instantly stream an incredible collection of stories, including titles across six different languages, that will help them continue dreaming, learning, and just being kids.

All stories are free to stream on your desktop, laptop, phone or tablet.

Explore the collection, select a title and start listening.

It's that easy.
The collection includes various classics grouped by age ranges.
Thanks for posting this

FREE -- Audible Stories (271 titles) -- How to Use -- till schools re-open
  • browser streaming only
  • Audible account is NOT required
  • Availability: Canada - United States
Quote:
How are you protecting my privacy?

Stories is designed to be a completely anonymous experience. Listeners won’t be required to create an account or log in to listen, and we’ll never ask for any personal information as part of the listening experience.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 09-05-2020 at 01:12 AM.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:37 PM   #6849
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Libro.fm -- Membership Offers -- exp unknown
Quote:
Free Trial Offer

The Libro.fm Membership

For $14.99 per month, you’ll get to select from 150,000+ audiobooks, including New York Times bestsellers. Discover hidden gems hand curated by our expert booksellers. Best of all, you’ll be supporting local bookstores. Get Your First Month for Free
Quote:
2-for-1 Trial Offer

Switch and Support Your Local Bookstore

When you make the #AudiobookSwitch from Audible to Libro.fm, you’ll support your local bookstore and get two audiobooks for the price of one when you start your membership. That’s two audiobooks for $14.99 when you use the code SWITCH.
Expired Offers
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    3-for-1 Trial Offer -- expired

Switch and Support Your Local Bookstore

Make the #AudiobookSwitch from your current audiobook provider to Libro.fm and you’ll not only be supporting your local bookstore, you’ll get 3 audiobooks for the price of 1 when you start your membership. That’s three audiobooks for $14.99 when you use the code “SWITCH”.
    Quote:
    2-for-1 Trial Offer -- expired

We have two offers to help support bookstores right now:

1-- When you start a membership with code SHOPBOOKSTORESNOW, you’ll get two audiobooks for the price of one ($14.99), and 100% of your payment will go to your local bookstore. Start a membership

2-- You can purchase a one-month audiobook gift membership for $15 and 100% of your purchase will go to your bookstore. Gift a One-Month Membership

Last edited by tubemonkey; 08-27-2020 at 01:49 AM.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:02 AM   #6850
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Don't know why it's free or for how much longer.
Quote:
A violent, sinister stranger wreaks havoc on the streets of 1880s London, while a revered scientist mysteriously retreats into solitude. A few drops of an experimental drug are all that keep them apart.

Robert Louis Stevenson’s gothic novella THE STRANGE CASE OF DR. JEKYLL AND MR. HYDE is an examination of the duality of man and the good and evil that exist together within us all.

Kobo Editions offers this version of the original text for your enjoyment.
Enjoy!
skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:50 AM   #6851
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 20 Mar @ 11:59 pm PT
Old 03-20-2020, 06:05 PM   #6852
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
There are a number of Audible Originals that were previously free for members that are currently free for everyone. I have not seen them advertised but I assume this was for International Women's Day. No idea how long it will last.
Spoiler:
Quote:
In 1912, scientist Marie Curie spent two months on the British seaside at the home of Hertha Ayrton, an accomplished mathematician, inventor, and suffragette. At the time, Curie was in the throes of a scandal in France over her affair with Paul Langevin, which threatened to overshadow the accomplishment of her second Nobel Prize.

Performed by Kate Mulgrew and Francesca Faridany, this play by Lauren Gunderson is an ode to two remarkable women who, despite tremendous personal and professional obstacles, continued to devote their lives to scientific innovation and social change.

Playwright Lauren Gunderson was awarded a commission through the Audible Emerging Playwrights Fund, an initiative dedicated to developing innovative original plays driven by language and voice. As an Audible commissioned playwright, she received funding and creative support to develop The Half-Life of Marie Curie.

• FREE -- Evil Eye -- Madhuri Shekar, Nick Choksi, Harsh Nayyar, Annapurna Sriram, Bernard White, Rita Wolf / 1.6 hr --> Drama
Spoiler:
Quote:
Evil Eye garnered an Audie Award for Original Work in 2019.

Usha is convinced that the Evil Eye, a curse that brings continuous misfortune, was cast upon her daughter, Pallavi, in the womb. What else could have possibly left her driven, career-oriented daughter edging closer and closer to 30 without a prospective husband? Determined to set Pallavi on the right path, Usha arranges date after date with potential suitors—but after yet another setup fails, it seems her efforts are proving fruitless. But in an unexpected turn of events, Pallavi becomes her own matchmaker when she meets—and quickly falls for—Sandeep, a young Indian-American entrepreneur. And though she expects her mother will be elated with her finally finding a man, Pallavi is distraught and confused to find her mother growing increasingly suspicious of Sandeep’s motives…and his true identity.

Told through a series of phone calls and voicemails, this Audible Original penned by award-winning rising star playwright Madhuri Shekar transitions seamlessly from a light-hearted family dramedy to an unexpectedly supernatural thriller. With an endearing cast of well-rounded characters, sharp, natural dialogue, and a shocking edge-of-your-seat climax, Evil Eye is a can’t-miss tale about cultural miscommunications, family secrets, and the lingering echoes of trauma.

Playwright Madhuri Shekar was awarded a commission through the Audible Emerging Playwrights Fund, an initiative dedicated to developing innovative original plays driven by language and voice. As an Audible commissioned playwright, he received funding and creative support to develop Evil Eye.

Please note this audiobook contains strong language, distressing situations, and descriptions of abuse and violence that some listeners may find upsetting. Discretion is advised.

• FREE -- An Act of God -- David Javerbaum, Sean Hayes, Cheyenne Jackson, Colman Domingo, Patrick Page / 1.4 hr --> Drama
Spoiler:
Quote:
The One with the first and last word on everything has finally arrived to set the record straight. After many millennia, and in just 90 minutes, God (assisted by his devoted angels) answers some of the deepest questions that have plagued mankind since Creation.

Spoiler:
Quote:
For a book-obsessed kid with a big imagination and a flair for drama, could anything be luckier than living in a library? Capturing her remarkable childhood and its impact, Sharon Washington's autobiographical Off-Broadway show brings its sense of wonder and bittersweet realism into your home and heart as an enthralling audio experience. Only from Audible, Feeding the Dragon celebrates the role of books in opening Washington's mind to worlds of possibilities—including a career in acting.

As part of our mission to offer listeners outstanding performances in contemporary theater, we are thrilled to present acclaimed stage actor Washington’s debut as a playwright. Intimate and emotionally nuanced, Sharon Washington's reckoning of childhood, race, and memory is, as one listener says, a "feast for the creative soul."

Enjoy!
skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 09:04 PM   #6853
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 21 Mar @ 11:59 pm GMT
Old 03-20-2020, 09:31 PM   #6854
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible Originals -- Pre-Orders -- exp 01 Apr

FREE -- Audible Originals for Apr (choose all for free) -- members only.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 03-31-2020 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:05 AM   #6855
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 21 Mar @ 11:59 pm PT

* Warriors, Queens, and Intellectuals: 36 Great Women Before 1400